help me please

jamesey

ok hi my names jamie and i was just wondering if enybody will help me to installed vice city mods in noob friendly language because i see all these really nice cars ad i really wanna play with em i will b very gratefull for some ones help

thank you

jamie

Well first you'll have to get the oh famous tool called IMG tool. We have it here in downloads.

after you downloaded the tool,go ahead and download the cars you want for Vice.

Before anything,go to you Vice City directory and make a backup copy of MODELS folder. You DON't want to screw up because,well,its just sucks then.Follow the directory I mention below if not sure where your Installation is.

Now installing:Open the IMG tool and click File>Open. In the new window go to the Vice City directory (should be C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Vice City and open the MODELS folder. There select gta3.img and click ok.

Now hopefully you already extracted the files you downloaded (mods come in zip folder). Make sure you know where they are.In img tool you should have had a list show up. Now click Edit>Find. When you extracted(unzipped) the mod you downloaded, there were files ending with .dff and .txd. Now even if say you downloaded a Supra, it won't be named supra.dff. It'll have the name of the car you'll be replacing from Vice City ex Infernus. AS an example, I'll use infernus. So now that you're in Find, go ahead and type in infernus.dff(remmember that you type in EXACTLY what you downloaded). If you typed in right,the IMG should find the file and highlight it. Now click on Commands and choose Replace. Now search for the infernus.dff that you downloaded.MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE .DFF WITH .DFF!!! when found the download click Open. Now that its replaced go to Find again and change .dff to .txd,leave the infernus part. Now hit enter and the IMG should find that one as well. Go ahead and replace it the same way with THE .TXD you downloaded. When replace you're all done.

Now usually, Mods come with a Readme that actually tell you everything I just said above. In the readme you'll have to foolow directions on how to change things in handling.cfg. If you still need help with that then don't hasitate. We're all here to help.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a prob with IMG Tool . whenever i open it and try to add a file it says:

ERROR: FILE ACCESS DENIED

how can this be fixed?

You have to give access to the file, to do this rockstar games folder and right click the vice city and click properties

then remove the x from the read only spot. That should do it.