Rumor: PSP 2 ?

Pandora

Well personally I never really got used to the PSPs design and all, too big and the clumsy appearance, know what I'm saying. But I hope the next updated version will be something different man. I've heard about this for a while now but I never knew it's (maybe) going to have a Touch-Screen, if that will happen, oh yeah that'll be a real smart move by Sony. Nintendo realized what a Touch-Screen could do with the games, and now maybe Sony has finally realized it.

I'd say, go for it Sony.

Well personally I never really got used to the PSPs design and all, too big and the clumsy appearance, know what I'm saying. But I hope the next updated version will be something different man. I've heard about this for a while now but I never knew it's (maybe) going to have a Touch-Screen, if that will happen, oh yeah that'll be a real smart move by Sony. Nintendo realized what a Touch-Screen could do with the games, and now maybe Sony has finally realized it.

I'd say, go for it Sony.

No. Don't use a touch screen. That would piss me, and A LOT of other people off. They'd get a lot of heat over it, and do Sony REALLY need more "copying" baggage? I mean, EVERYTHING they do already is copying Nintendo. They should probably stop pushing it a little.

I think that the PSP2 will probably have mini blu ray discs so the games dont have many bugs and stuff like that.

No, I highly doubt that. And if they did, it wouldn't be 25GBs..... It would be no more than 10, if it even hit that. Besides, this isn't technically a "PSP2", if it is even remotely true. It's a redesign. That's like calling the PStwo((slimline)) the PS3. It would be simply an improved PSP, so they wouldn't change the medium used for gameplay anways.

On second thoughts you're probably right, didn't think about the copying thing, but I wouldn't mind having Touch-Screen, I wouldn't give a shit about if they're copying Nintendo again. I guess the important thing is that the PSP gets a bigger library of games, and of course, better ones. I'm really looking forward to see the new version of PSP.

On second thoughts you're probably right, didn't think about the copying thing, but I wouldn't mind having Touch-Screen, I wouldn't give a shit about if they're copying Nintendo again. I guess the important thing is that the PSP gets a bigger library of games, and of course, better ones. I'm really looking forward to see the new version of PSP.

Yeah,I would buy the new PSP but I'm not really sure about the overall sales of PSP2 for Sony? A camera would be AWESOME,because when the PSP was coming out some n00bs told me that the PSP Circular logo in back opens up and reveals a camera in back. I was dissappointed. But my opinion on the touchscreen is:NO FCKIN WAY! That would suck badly.They still look bad so no,touch sreen a NO option.

Maybe they could make it collect less dust for one. It pisses me off that the outer coating collects so much dust. You clean it, and less than a minute later, it's all dusty again. Finger prints are a big problem too. I think the shiny case was a bad idea. It works "OK" for a regular console, but not a portable one. -_-

Edited by Vicehog

Whats the point? Really, what?

1) The PSP didn't do as good as Sony originally suspected it would.

2) Ok, it has a few good games, but not many spectacular ones.

3) Their movie ideas, such as having all new movies released on the PSP, stopped rather quickly.

4) The current system hasn't been road tested to the max as far as gaming is concerned currently. GTA LCS and GTA VCS proved that.

I can see it happening, but not for along while yet.

Maybe they could make it collect less dust for one. It pisses me off that the outer coating collects so much dust. You clean it, and less than a minute later, it's all dusty again. Finger prints are a big problem too. I think the shiny case was a bad idea. It works "OK" for a regular console, but not a portable one. -_-

Dust? My system doesn't collect dust. Fingerprints, THAT'S another story ENTIRELY. But no dust.

Think about this, also. The screen has hard plastic over it to help protect it. If they used a touchscreen, they couldn't do that. That would make the system even LESS durable. Not a good idea...

Yeah well, most of all I hope for improving design, I really can't stand that clumsy appearance, I'm sure Sony is going to make a good one, and if they use Touch-Screen or not, doesn't matter, althought I would like to see Touch-Screen but also as Spaz The Great said, they use hard plastic and it would make it less durable, which is a bad idea.

I agree with it being being shaped rather.. awkward.. You can't really hold it comfortable.

If this is true, they will mostlightly make it thinner, make a shape that you can hold better and replace the controls.

In my opinion, the PSP doesn't feel weird being an oval shape. It could probably be more of a rectangle but that's just an idea.

Side note: Also my PSP only collects a lot of dust when I haven't played it an a couple days.

yeah, i guess it would be cool having a psp 2, imean from all i know psp is one of the greatest handheld consoles of all time :)

maybe this time they will reduce the bugs and uncomfortable features in the psp :lol:

wow, sony is getting richer if they made this

I'm not so sure about richer. I mean their sales probably wont be something to be proud of. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you need a camera anyway... and the touchscreen, its pretty pointless for all the games. It doesn't really need internal memory and they wont make it have it anyway. Maybe a nice web browser so you can watch videos on youtube as you can't cause of the flash. And well just some other things would be nice.

I don't know about double shoulder pads though, i mean go feel your psp and have two fingers on pads, kind of annoying to hold but maybe if they swapped the joysticks places with the d-pad... It would look kind of gay though <_<