GTAIV's Exclusive Content for the PS3

Although exclusive content hasn't been confirmed to be featured on the PlayStation 3 version of GTAIV, it's more than likely to have some form. The newest addition to the PlayStation 3 system, Playstation Home, is officially reported to be released some time this October. As all of you must know, GTAIV is being released in October as well which could mean GTAIV could be adding some of the very first "Home" content. This content might be the rumored exclusive content for the PS3 version of GTAIV that has been floating around ever since the official Xbox360 exclusive content news. Currently this is the most likely exclusive content that the PS3 version of GTAIV will have, but will most likely have more as well IF the PS3 will recieve exclusive content for GTAIV. I would like to hear from you guys what you think about this along with your own thoughts on what the exclusive content could be for the PS3 version of GTAIV.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate the idea of "exclusive content", what a rip off! You pay for a game, you should get the whole thing! If they want to release a mission pack for it, they should sell it in the shops, like oblivion. I don't like the idea of paying for something you can't hold, i would never pay for missions like on xboxlive or whatever it is, i'd only buy dvds/cds!! Anyone else agree with this?

I really hate the idea of "exclusive content", what a rip off! You pay for a game, you should get the whole thing! If they want to release a mission pack for it, they should sell it in the shops, like oblivion. I don't like the idea of paying for something you can't hold, i would never pay for missions like on xboxlive or whatever it is, i'd only buy dvds/cds!! Anyone else agree with this?

..... I'm sorry, but this post sounds really retarded. You ARE getting the whole thing, only, things are added AFTER you buy it. I highly doubt you'll have to pay for them, and if you do, what the f*** difference does it make whether you DOWNLOAD it or use a disk? Honestly. Downloading it just makes it EASIER and mean you have LESS disks you need to worry about. How is that a bad thing? On top of that, they would more than likely be more expensive because of production costs. They now have to produce the disks and the packaging? Why? What, exactly, is the point of that? You would be getting the SAME EXACT THING, but OH GOLLY GEE! You don't have a fancy disk to hold! OH NOEZ! THAT IS JUST SO WRONG! HOW DARE THEM MAKE IT EASIER AND CHEAPER FOR YOU! HOW DARE THEM!!!

Personally, I think exclusive content is pretty cool. It's like the user-made mods for PC games. Makes them more interesting and allows you to prolong the life of your game.

I see, and what happens when your hard drive f***s up and you have to download it again? You can't burn the mod to dvd yourself if it's on a console, and burnt dvd's don't last too long before they start to degrade. Call me a traditionalist, but for the years i've been playing games, I've never had to pay for a game that you don't properly own, and when they made the game, they'd finish it. Fine, they can add mission packs like oblivion, but at least oblivion make it far more official and release it properly. At the end of the day, I ain't going to be paying for download-only official games, that doesn't mean to say I won't play them, but I will not be paying for them, nor will most people, so in the end, the companies will be costing themselves more money than the shockingly low costs of mass production dvds.

I see, and what happens when your hard drive f***s up and you have to download it again? You can't burn the mod to dvd yourself if it's on a console, and burnt dvd's don't last too long before they start to degrade. Call me a traditionalist, but for the years i've been playing games, I've never had to pay for a game that you don't properly own, and when they made the game, they'd finish it. Fine, they can add mission packs like oblivion, but at least oblivion make it far more official and release it properly. At the end of the day, I ain't going to be paying for download-only official games, that doesn't mean to say I won't play them, but I will not be paying for them, nor will most people, so in the end, the companies will be costing themselves more money than the shockingly low costs of mass production dvds.

Hmmm, funny, I was gonna ask you...What if the CD gets scratched?

Edited by Original GTA Master

You are way more likely to mess up a disk than a hard drive. And if you're that terrible with your stuff that your hard drive screws up, you're probably pretty terrible with disks, too. What do you mean "properly own"? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You own anything that you have the rights to. Once you pay for and download a game, you have the rights to it. You "properly" own it. It's epicly pointless to release SMALL ADDITIONS on a DISK. What if all you want is a new car or two? You have to buy an entire disk just for that? Wow..... Fail..... It's easier, cheaper, and more convienant for BOTH the consumer and the distributor. How can you say that it's a bad thing?

You are way more likely to mess up a disk than a hard drive. And if you're that terrible with your stuff that your hard drive screws up, you're probably pretty terrible with disks, too. What do you mean "properly own"? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You own anything that you have the rights to. Once you pay for and download a game, you have the rights to it. You "properly" own it. It's epicly pointless to release SMALL ADDITIONS on a DISK. What if all you want is a new car or two? You have to buy an entire disk just for that? Wow..... Fail..... It's easier, cheaper, and more convienant for BOTH the consumer and the distributor. How can you say that it's a bad thing?

Well I'm 100% with you, but he might not like how technology keeps changing. I sort of used to be like that and I was just gonna stick with cassette tapes, but they're not made anymore and I eventually found CDs to be better. I definitely prefer them to have downloads, but I think he might just be defending his feelings against technology.

Dude,don't bring shame on yourself. That blasted HD was put into the PS3 so it cound be used.AND exactly what you'd have to do to f*** your drive up :huh: I say 99.8% more likely youre to screw up 5 CDs/DVDs than a HD thats resting in place.

I suppose that's true! I'm not against technology, I just like to own something....I dunno, it just isn't the same when you download it. I've no problem if they want to add cars and stuff, but like it worked in Sims, because that didn't have a storyline. But when the best cars are the banshee cheetah etc, then they could start adding cars that break the feel of the game, I don't know, maybe I will like it, it's just to me if they say they are already making exclusive downloadable content, that they could have put what they're making into the game now, that's why I feel a little ripped off.

I suppose that's true! I'm not against technology, I just like to own something....I dunno, it just isn't the same when you download it. I've no problem if they want to add cars and stuff, but like it worked in Sims, because that didn't have a storyline. But when the best cars are the banshee cheetah etc, then they could start adding cars that break the feel of the game, I don't know, maybe I will like it, it's just to me if they say they are already making exclusive downloadable content, that they could have put what they're making into the game now, that's why I feel a little ripped off.

They can't just put EVERYTHING they want to do in the game. It doesn't work that way, dude. That's like saying you won't buy Windows XP because in 5 years they will have better technology and more stuff to put in it. People already download mods for GTA on the PC, this is absolutely no different. It doesn't mess up the feel of the game. And besides, if they get an idea for something 3 months after releasing a game, they can't really add that to the game before releasing it, can they?

Besides, no one is forcing you to get these extras. If you don't want them.... Don't get them..... We've been playing unmodded GTAs on the consoles for years, it's no different.

but I will not be paying for them, nor will most people

Back up this argument with proof else it isn't valid.

You DO realise just how successful the Xbox Live Marketplace has been right? Please don't try to tell us whatever other people will do. We can decide for ourselves whether we want more content or not. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else shares your line of thinking. I personally feel extra content is a great way to expand the game and extend replayability, thus making the game have more value to me.

I can't imagine it's been as sucessfull as full games.

I think you both missed my point, if they are making the content NOW, then why isn't it going in the game? Why wait to release stuff that they could have put in the game? That's just trying to cream more money out of us unfairly!

"QUOTE(Alistair @ Mar 15 2007, 04:34 PM)

but I will not be paying for them, nor will most people

"Back up this argument with proof else it isn't valid.""

Have you any idea how sucessfull the bittorrent community is? Probably a lot more than the live marketplace. Not that I'm suggesting people use it because I'll be buying my copy of GTA IV, as I did all the GTAs, but many people, between having to pay for a few missions, and finding them free online, will go for the online option. If, in my opinion, however, rockstar decide to release expansion packs, as oblivion did, it is far more appealing to go out and buy that in the shops....call it, like so they can have the full collection, rather than this pay-per-view idea that xbox seem to use. But hey, we're all different.

Edited by Alistair

You aren't making much sense. It isn't anything like pay-per-view. PPV charges you for content for a 24-hour use. After that, you can't use it anymore unless you repay. How is that the same as downloadable content for the game? On top of that, who said GTA's extra content would cost to begin with? I don't remember that being said.

And CHRIST, if it's just like new skins or cars or something, it isn't vital in the least to the game, so they don't have to put it in.

ON TOP OF THAT, if they are making it NOW, do realise when "now" is. They are rather far in the game developement......

AND YOU ARE BUYING A FULL GAME. It isn't like you're buying your game in peices. You're buying the full game, you can play said full game without ever knowing there is extra content available and you'd never know the difference. HOWEVER, if you happen to want a few new things every now and then, you can do so. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? If you don't want the extra content, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO. And you keep saying it's a rip off because they make you buy extra stuff. ONE, they don't MAKE you buy it. TWO, even if they sold it on DVDs, YOU'D STILL HAVE TO BUY THE EXTRA CONTENT. YOU'RE STILL BEING "RIPPED OFF">.

Yeah, like I said, if you have to pay you'll only have to pay if it's a new feature to the game or something. You wouldn't have to pay if it's something small. The new features would only cost $2 - $5...and hell, you might not have to pay for ANY exclusive content.

Anyways, what kind of content do you guys think the PS3 will have? Maybe "Home" content or just the same stuff the 360 owners will get. Maybe Rockstar hasn't given any info on PS3 content because Sony wanted to announce "Home" before Rockstar announced GTAIV "Home" content.

What is "Home"? Is it like what the PSP has? Like that little main menu thing?

It's like XBox Live, but 100 times better. It's a 3D online community that allows you to customize your very own character and living space. You can play arcade games, play billards and bowl. You also get your very own hall of fame where other players could view if you invite them. There are also movie theaters where you could view other peoples videos where is where I'm planning on having the GTA Real Estate video series broadcasted.

Anyways, back on topic. What do you guys think the PS3 has instore for GTAIV content.

I read the last page through, and Alistair: You're a real retard

One of the best things of the game is going to be the exclusive content. That way the game (even when you've actualy beaten it) won't bore you. And then you still have the roaming around. The game will be the best.

What if you HDD get's f***ed? Yeah right. How many times has your HDD crashed? How many times has a little HDD of 20 GB crashed..

Another thing, coming up with the sims. Ever wondered why the sims is only for PC?

nor will most people

You mean retard.

Bittorent? What the hell! Why you sudenly come up with Bittorent?

Wow, I can honestly say, I'm glad I live in Europe and the not the USA, because nobody over hear would be such a .... well, I don;t need to say it, do I? If you disagree, make your point and be done, you are one intolerant son of a biatch. I don't like some new features of the xbox, or how you won't get all the stuff if you have a ps3 and not an xbox, and vice versa.

And btw, sims isn't only for the PC, f***ing retard.

Alistair. For your info, jace isn't american ( i think)

and though this may be irrelevant, if you read the review that you linked to THREE times *for f*** sake* Then you'd realise that they said.... It's shit!

The point is, if your HD does corrupt, then sony are liable for your data loss, unless you hurled you ps3 across the room in awe of gtaIV's graphics, or sumthin like that.