GTAIV's Exclusive Content for the PS3

Off-topic:Don`t call me a retard....I own almost all The Sims 2 games (I don`t have only Open For business ).Today mys sis bought TS2 Seasons.But that`s a good info I didn`t knew TS has a PS2 version,PC is way better I guess

On-topic:Well I dunno why GTA 4 needs add-ons so what is this Exclusive Content for PS 3.I mean if there`s gonna be a PC will it have Exclusive content for PC,since the game is on PS 3 and may come on PC?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dunno why GTA 4 needs add-ons so what is this Exclusive Content for PS 3.I mean if there`s gonna be a PC will it have Exclusive content for PC,since the game is on PS 3 and may come on PC?

Rockstar would host PC downloads off of the official GTAIV website for exclusive content. I'm just guessing that "Home" has something to do with the PS3 exclusive content.

Jace, nah you just annoyed me, I do actually quite like america. But to answer your question, the exchange rate is better here, so our pounds go a lot further in the states than you dollars do, if you get what i mean, people go to nyc from the uk just to save money by buying loads of stuff in nyc and it works out cheaper than if they'd bought it in the uk!

Jace, nah you just annoyed me, I do actually quite like america. But to answer your question, the exchange rate is better here, so our pounds go a lot further in the states than you dollars do, if you get what i mean, people go to nyc from the uk just to save money by buying loads of stuff in nyc and it works out cheaper than if they'd bought it in the uk!

Maybe that's why prices in the UK are so high.

Now please, lets get back on topic. What kind of exclusive content do you think the PS3 version of GTAIV will have? I already said what I thought. If you want me to elaborate on it or whatever, just ask.

Yeah man, I think that too, but you never know for sure. But I don't know man, wouldn't it be kinda unfair if both had different exclusive content? I know it's business and all but damn, it's going to be expensive buying both the consoles. But yeah man, we'll see what happens, still we don't know a shit.

Chances are, whatever legal dooda they have to give xbox and ps3 the same exclusivity, also applies for the add-ons. i can't imagine the game makers being arsed enough to make two different extra contents every time they release one, so i think it'll all be the same, released at the same time. and then when they release the PC version, they'll put the game with all the added content already there!!! PLEASE! And start work on the next GTA. In my perfect world at least.

I just thought.....maybe cos the xbox is only dvd, GTA IV already fills the dvd, and they need the extra content to put everything they needed into the game, purely because the xbox can't store what the ps3 can? so it'd be the same base game on each console tho.

So you're saying that the exclusive content for the 360 version might actually be a downside.

I just thought.....maybe cos the xbox is only dvd, GTA IV already fills the dvd, and they need the extra content to put everything they needed into the game, purely because the xbox can't store what the ps3 can? so it'd be the same base game on each console tho.

So you're saying that the exclusive content for the 360 version might actually be a downside.

I don't know how it can be a downside for them unless its on a totally new CD.

I don't know how it can be a downside for them unless its on a totally new CD.

Well if the PS3 version already had the stuff on there...then having to download the stuff onto the 360 version would take more time, which would be a downside.

No, I think PS3 and xbox versions would be exactly the same, if they didn't put as much on the xbox then that wouldn't sell.......basically, if GTA IV was PS3 exclusive then the game would be a lot bigger, but because it HAS to be on xbox as well...then maybe they had to reduce the final release of the game just to keep xbox happy, and then release the same content on both consoles (making rockstar, microsoft and sony a lot richer than if it were just a full ps3 exclusive). in my opinion anyway, but obviously I'm just guessing.

Edited by Alistair

No, I think PS3 and xbox versions would be exactly the same, if they didn't put as much on the xbox then that wouldn't sell.......basically, if GTA IV was PS3 exclusive then the game would be a lot bigger, but because it HAS to be on xbox as well...then maybe they had to reduce the final release of the game just to keep xbox happy, and then release the same content on both consoles (making rockstar, microsoft and sony a lot richer than if it were just a full ps3 exclusive). in my opinion anyway, but obviously I'm just guessing.

Why wouldn't Rockstar put all they could on the PS3 version and release the other stuff onto the 360 version as downloadable content? It wouldn't be fair that the PS3 would get held back because of competition.

Why wouldn't Rockstar put all they could on the PS3 version and release the other stuff onto the 360 version as downloadable content? It wouldn't be fair that the PS3 would get held back because of competition.

Well really OGTAM thats sort of taking the exclusitivity away form the 360 and I don't think Rockstar can do that.

Well really OGTAM thats sort of taking the exclusitivity away form the 360 and I don't think Rockstar can do that.

Well it'd be exclusive to them...PS3 would just already have it. Why wouldn't Rockstar do that? It was on Playstation before XBox...they'd stay loyal to all of their business partners, but would take into consideration that the Playstation was before the XBox. I'm not saying that there wont be episodic content, just that the "exclusive" content for the 360 could be the stuff that it couldn't hold.

Well it'd be exclusive to them...PS3 would just already have it. Why wouldn't Rockstar do that? It was on Playstation before XBox...they'd stay loyal to all of their business partners, but would take into consideration that the Playstation was before the XBox. I'm not saying that there wont be episodic content, just that the "exclusive" content for the 360 could be the stuff that it couldn't hold.

I know what you mean but maybe the deal with X BOX and Rockstar doesn't allow this to happen.

I know what you mean but maybe the deal with X BOX and Rockstar doesn't allow this to happen.

Microsoft is not allowed to tell Rockstar that they're gonna have certain things that the PS3 isn't allowed to have.

I know but maybe the deal wa that they would release everything on the same day as they released it on the PS3