GTAIV's Exclusive Content for the PS3

I know what you mean but maybe the deal with X BOX and Rockstar doesn't allow this to happen.

Microsoft is not allowed to tell Rockstar that they're gonna have certain things that the PS3 isn't allowed to have.

I know but maybe the deal wa that they would release everything on the same day as they released it on the PS3

Microsoft doesn't really have any say in that. If they brought it up Rockstar could have agreed.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean but maybe the deal with X BOX and Rockstar doesn't allow this to happen.

Microsoft is not allowed to tell Rockstar that they're gonna have certain things that the PS3 isn't allowed to have.

I know but maybe the deal wa that they would release everything on the same day as they released it on the PS3

Microsoft doesn't really have any say in that. If they brought it up Rockstar could have agreed.

TBH we can specualte but we don't know the exact terms of the agreement. IMO both th 360 and PS3 will have the same Exclusive content.

OGTAM, you've got to remember that microsoft and sony are probably PAYING rockstar exclusivity rights for the game on both their consoles. Think about it, all those people with PCs that will be itching to play GTA IV, will HAVE to buy either the xbox or ps3. If PS3 had full exclusivity, then everybody would buy a PS3. microsoft know this, and of course they want their console to sell, therefore by paying a lot of money, subject to the condition that it has exactly the same content as that on the PS3, and in agreement with sony so that both parties are happy, the three collectively agree on a final release for both consoles, a fat financial package for rockstar, and everybody is happy.......except PC users, who have to fork out cash..

Furthermore....if users have to pay for each extra content "package", that means more money for sony, microsoft, AND of course for rockstar....they could end up charging triple or more than just one normal release of a game would cost....it's a very clever business innovation, but admitadly it does help the gaming world in that we have more stuff to play and it keeps games alive....it's sort of like an official modding community.

Edited by Alistair

OGTAM, you've got to remember that microsoft and sony are probably PAYING rockstar exclusivity rights for the game on both their consoles. Think about it, all those people with PCs that will be itching to play GTA IV, will HAVE to buy either the xbox or ps3. If PS3 had full exclusivity, then everybody would buy a PS3. microsoft know this, and of course they want their console to sell, therefore by paying a lot of money, subject to the condition that it has exactly the same content as that on the PS3, and in agreement with sony so that both parties are happy, the three collectively agree on a final release for both consoles, a fat financial package for rockstar, and everybody is happy.......except PC users, who have to fork out cash..

Furthermore....if users have to pay for each extra content "package", that means more money for sony, microsoft, AND of course for rockstar....they could end up charging triple or more than just one normal release of a game would cost....it's a very clever business innovation, but admitadly it does help the gaming world in that we have more stuff to play and it keeps games alive....it's sort of like an official modding community.

I know all about that, it's common sense, but I'm talking about the PS3 being able to hold more. If it can, then Rockstar could put in certain things without having to wait to put it on the PlayStation Store. It's Microsoft's fault for being impatient and wanting to release their consol first. Like someone said, Sony looks towards the future, not right now. That's their stupid decision to not put all they can into their newest consol.

I know all about that, it's common sense, but I'm talking about the PS3 being able to hold more. If it can, then Rockstar could put in certain things without having to wait to put it on the PlayStation Store. It's Microsoft's fault for being impatient and wanting to release their consol first. Like someone said, Sony looks towards the future, not right now. That's their stupid decision to not put all they can into their newest consol.

I agree with IGTAM here, the 360 in a way could be bad as it is not upto the standard in terms if disc space. So really only PS3 owners are missing out.

They now have to produce the disks and the packaging? Why? What, exactly, is the point of that? You would be getting the SAME EXACT THING, but OH GOLLY GEE! You don't have a fancy disk to hold! OH NOEZ! THAT IS JUST SO WRONG! HOW DARE THEM MAKE IT EASIER AND CHEAPER FOR YOU! HOW DARE THEM!!!

Personally, I think exclusive content is pretty cool. It's like the user-made mods for PC games. Makes them more interesting and allows you to prolong the life of your game.

insults are for the losers of the world...it shows you dont have a life outside of gaming...and if you do, its probably pretty crappy! anywho i gotta go, ur retardedness is almost offensive to me. and by the way, i agree, i would NEVER buy anything online again, last time my harddrive screwed up. and dont say "disks can get scratched too!" because unlike idiots i actually TAKE CARE of my discs!

Yeah man, agree. Well at least Sony still has MGS4 and L.A Noire exclusive, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they get released for the Xbox 360 6 months later or something. It's sure going to be interesting to see whether the PS3 and Xbox 360 version is going to have the same exclusive content or not.

I think there are two ways you could add cash to your account. You could enter your credit card number and it'll just use your money from your bank account. I think you could also buy these card things. Try going to your nearest video game store and talking to them about it. You could probably also find out how to get cash in there by checking the Transactions Managment in your Account Management.

EDIT: I just checked and you could put cash in via Credit Card or PLAYSTATION CARD. I'm gonna use the PLAYSTATION CARD. :thumbsup:

Edited by Original GTA Master

I think there are two ways you could add cash to your account. You could enter your credit card number and it'll just use your money from your bank account. I think you could also buy these card things. Try going to your nearest video game store and talking to them about it. You could probably also find out how to get cash in there by checking the Transactions Managment in your Account Management.

EDIT: I just checked and you could put cash in via Credit Card or PLAYSTATION CARD. I'm gonna use the PLAYSTATION CARD. :thumbsup:

Thanx for the info I will try to post in the Official PS3 topic next time.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this is a stupid question :down:

but...

have R* confirmed exclusive Content for the PS3? I've been following GTAIV details since they first surfaced, but i haven't heard any offical report about exclusive Content for the PS3.

As a PS3 owner, i'll be very disappointed if there isnt :pissedred:

I agree with IGTAM here, the 360 in a way could be bad as it is not upto the standard in terms if disc space. So really only PS3 owners are missing out.

Quick little wake-up call.... Blu-ray is not the standard. As it stands, DVD is still the standard. Most people own DVD players. Most people buy dvds. Most games are still released on DVD or CD. Therefore, DVD is the current "standard". Just because something bigger or newer comes out doesn't make it automatically the standard. One terrabyte hard drives aren't the standard, and they are still bigger than the current hard drives.

They now have to produce the disks and the packaging? Why? What, exactly, is the point of that? You would be getting the SAME EXACT THING, but OH GOLLY GEE! You don't have a fancy disk to hold! OH NOEZ! THAT IS JUST SO WRONG! HOW DARE THEM MAKE IT EASIER AND CHEAPER FOR YOU! HOW DARE THEM!!!

Personally, I think exclusive content is pretty cool. It's like the user-made mods for PC games. Makes them more interesting and allows you to prolong the life of your game.

insults are for the losers of the world...it shows you dont have a life outside of gaming...and if you do, its probably pretty crappy! anywho i gotta go, ur retardedness is almost offensive to me. and by the way, i agree, i would NEVER buy anything online again, last time my harddrive screwed up. and dont say "disks can get scratched too!" because unlike idiots i actually TAKE CARE of my discs!

I find it ironic how you insult me in a post stating insults are for losers. So you're a loser? Nice to know. And BTW, disks will get scratched faster than hard drives will go bad.

If we're lucky the episodic content will have f**kin planes :(... I'm a ps3 owner so it better have EC for the PS3... It's only fair... Unless they had to leave stuff out of the 360 version because of it being too weak to handle everything, so they are including patches for it... Planes and Skydiving would be very cool... And a jetpack (I REALLY hope thats in GTAIV) If it's not then I'll be even further disappointed

Edited by Wolfman

Jesus CHRIST, the PS3 and the 360 aren't like entirely different power-wise. They can handle pretty much the same games. And even if the 360 was "too weak", how would releasing patches for the GAME make a difference? Oh right. It wouldn't.....

I'm not trying to argue with you, but if the PS3 disk held more than the 360's...than they'd need downloadable content to put on their Hard Drive to have in the game. People are just confusing things now with the 360 being able to hold less stuff and instead saying that it can't handle as much. I know you've been saying they're coming out with or already came out with a disk that could hold more than the Blu-ray, but you're the only "source" so far that I've heard such a thing. (Not saying you're lying)

sorry if this is a stupid question :down:

but...

have R* confirmed exclusive Content for the PS3? I've been following GTAIV details since they first surfaced, but i haven't heard any offical report about exclusive Content for the PS3.

As a PS3 owner, i'll be very disappointed if there isnt :pissedred:

Sorry to disappoint you, but Rockstar have confirmed the content is exclusive to Xbox 360. At the moment, it sounds like the PS3 version will be getting nothing extra.

Head over to our GTA4 Info and scroll down to the bit about downloadable content, I included the confirming quote from GameInformer magazine... if you can't be bothered to check it out then here it is:

Both versions of the game will likely be identical, but Rockstar has confirmed that downloadable content will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 version. This content is said to be sizeable [...]