What will you do first in the game?

I'd do what I normally do - cruise, looking at the sites whilst listening to the superb radio stations, and maybe cause some trouble to see how realistic it is. Also, I might try and find the equivalent of hidden packages, or whatever they call it this time round.

Edited by the bossman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually when i got GTA game i went straight on into the missions and did nothing else. If i remember correctly i finished vice city in 10 days. I want GTA IV to last me a few months so im gonna go easy on it and just cruise then do a few mission and actually go outside of the house which i didn't usually do with the others.

• 1 year later...

I don't know what I'll do first in the new Liberty City, but I can assure you I will not do missions first. I really want to get a good feel for the game, which will include messing around with the pedestrians, getting a nice view of the city (especially at night time), try to reteach myself how to get around the city with the new driving mechanics. I'm also looking forward to testing out the new 'euphoria' physics engine. I think a good way to do this is get on a bridge a jump in front of an oncomming semitruck! It will look so nice :coolthumbup:

Edited by nikolaibellic

Test the physics? Explore the map? Drive a fancy car? I'm not sure what I'll be getting up to exactly, what I do know however is that I will need a bib for all the dribbling I will be doing. Whatever I get up to I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I'm having a dust up with the 5-0, which is more than likely going to esculate into a city wide manhunt...I really can't wait.

Highjack the closest car,truck,SUV Do a burn out drift throug muiltiple cornors smash into a building run over peds/ beat the living hell out of an old lady swim to the statue of happeness (if possably in the begining) jump off the broker brige, and die from being shot muiltible times by the 5-0 :thumbsup:

First I'll check out the general physics. See how natural Niko's actions are. Then I'll pick up a weapon and test it. Fire it at a few walls, pedestrians that look shifty and some cars. I'll then try the new combat system and throw someone off a bridge or something. I'll then observe the pedestrians and life of Liberty City. Seeing how everyone seems to live their own life. I'll then drive around testing the physics and look around for any familiar landmarks from the old Liberty City and any little surprises Rockstar might have put in. I'll then take a little time off to listen to the radio. Then after fucking around long enough I'll play the missions.

Is anyone going to attempt to be one of the first 10 to complete GTAIV 100%?

The game always has one or two mandatory mission at the beginning, so once I get pass those I will explore for like a good hour, return to some missions, then call some friends online & test the multiplayer, and finish the night off with one or two missions, take a shower then go to work, because by this time i've been up all night.

When I return home i'll dive right in, but now i'll make a better schedule, so i'm not falling asleep at the job.(lol!)

When I first load GTA IV after the first and last loading screen I will just drive around Liberty City and walk around like a decent ped, but if I want action, I will start the missions. Because when I get a new GTA Game I never plunge in to the missions I just drive around for awhile, and test out the controls to get used to it.

Im gonna jump right into the first mission, and do some other missions aswell. After that I will just explore the city by myself, look around each corner. That's the way I think it will be. But maybe the spirit to explore at first may take control so I might just look at the new stuff that's in the game, and of course discover the new game engine. Im not sure, I just want to get the best GTA feeling I can get.

I'm going to get into a heavy vehicle and use it to crash into some peds - I really want to see what the new rag-doll effects and physics engine is like. I want to see people flying through the air and skidding along the floor to come to a halt in a crumpled, broken heap. I never really liked this shit where peds were "sucked" under a heavy vehicle or where they simply fell over a car as though they were made of cardboard.

Edited by Cadaver

I have a feeling that rockstar will have you do the first mission right away, like drive to roman's place after getting off the boat. But I think ill do a few of the tutorial missions for cover etc. as when i dont pay attention to what the text says i usually miss something cool :P, but after ive done a few ill pick some fights, explore around in a sexy vehicular device, cause some trouble with the LCPD. :lolbounce:

I am really damn excited right now!!!