Apple Director joins Rockstar Games Team of Experts

Jared

Take-Two Interactive Software's publishing label Rockstar Games has announced today that it has just appointed a new guy who will be heading its marketing division. This new guy, quite interestingly, used to work for Apple. Yes, Apple. As in the one who makes iPods.

Alex Moulle-Berteaux used to handle the worldwide Apple marketing campaign over at TBWA/Media Arts Lab in Los Angeles. If you really want to know, he was the mastermind behind global ad campaigns for the Mac, iPod, iTunes and the iPhone. Moulle-Berteaux mentioned that he is delighted to work with Rockstar as he has always admired the company. The former Apple guy remarked,

Rockstar Games is a uniquely positioned entertainment brand that has earned incredible loyalty from its audience based on the company's obsession with quality, integrity and innovation in the games they make. I am looking forward to leveraging my experience to continue to build the brand and bring Rockstar's games to an ever-broader audience.

Likewise, Rockstar Games is also excited to work with Moulle-Berteaux. Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games Sam Houser commented that Moulle-Berteaux's talents will help them to "realize our mission to propel the compelling games we create to the center of the entertainment industry."

Rockstar Games currently has the long running Grand Theft Auto (GTA) series on PlayStation Portable (PSP) with Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. It will be releasing Grand Theft Auto 4 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (PS3) this coming October.

Not only are they excited, so am I, this seems like a good move to me. We all know Apple, and having a director from one of Silicon Valleys largest cooperation's join Rockstar Games Team can only mean good things. Well done Rockstar Games, and welcome to Alex Moulle-Berteaux.