Should I buy an XBOX360 or PS3 to play GTA IV?

Alistair

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there's coming out a black 360 in April/May with a 120 gig harddrive and everything, so if it's true I would go for that one, but hey man, it's up to you, but I'd love to have a PS3 you know, but hey I'm a hardcore gamer, I usually end up buying all the hot consoles. But if you're going to buy one of those consoles just for GTA IV, well then... I mean, we know nothing about the game right now, nothing about the exclusive content, know what I'm saying, I'm sure if we wait a while we will have a more accurate answer to your question.

Well (in reply to everbody but Jace for being such a dick in the other forum), the thing is, it seems to me that I already have a killer PC, and most xbox stuff seems to exist on PC, but Playstation has far more exclusive games......i think. But I'd really rather go for the most powerful console.....I always thought that would be the PS3, but a lot of comments about it being crapier than expected suggest that maybe it isn't as good? If only they'd make GTA IV for PC first like they did GTA3! (if i remember correctly) Getting that game was probably the best moment of my gaming life!

My advice is to buy an XBOX360 Premium .it`s cheaper than PS3 and it has advantages and disadvantages...Altought I`m never gonna buy a console...I`ll stick with my old PC and upgrading it when it`s needed.But as a console go for XBOx360...

For me both systems have been a let down in the price of the games - £50 in the Uk although if your in the US they will be cheaper there.

Anyway my advice is wait for a while and see for yourself which console is better, never vouch on peoples opinions and check the specs of both systems and if your in no rush , Chris will post that advantages/disadvatages thing.

Well on specs I would have thought the PS3, but I've heard it said that the PS3 doesn't actually use the cell processor, or it doesn't do what it's supposed to, or something like that.

thats nonsense why would they put it in if there not going to use it. As I said before don't always vouch on peoples opinions.

He means they said it would use it, and then they didn't use it((in the console))..... Meaning it ISN'T in there. Could be true, you never know. Although, I'm pretty sure that over-priced CPU is one of the reasons the thing costs as much as it does.

And yes, it WAS over-hyped. I played it. It didn't make me orgasm. I didn't even come close to orgasm. It was just another system with some games to me.

Ummm, didn't you guys hear that some executives from Sony might be taking over Take Two? GTA might end up being a Playstation exclusive...so if you buy a 360, you might be wasting your money.

I doubt that will happen, and if it does I will have a personal grudge against Sony. That is cheap, IMO. And besides, it won't happen before the release of the game in October, I doubt.

Ummm, didn't you guys hear that some executives from Sony might be taking over Take Two? GTA might end up being a Playstation exclusive...so if you buy a 360, you might be wasting your money.

Can I have a link to the source of this? Or is it just a rumour?

get a PS3 for it, it has a lot more advantages than xbox, especially what OGTAM said about playstation home and xbox live.

It sure has but it has quite a lot of downfalls aswell if your in the UK, first the price of the actual console and then the actual game price of the console. The most advantage thing about is the sual layer blu ray disc which holds up to 50GB but this is sort of misleading because at the moment all the games on the PS3 are using single layer blu ray discs which is 25GB but that is still a lot.

Take Two for Take-Two

I doubt that will happen, and if it does I will have a personal grudge against Sony. That is cheap, IMO. And besides, it won't happen before the release of the game in October, I doubt.

Why would you have a grudge against Sony, and you say you're not a 360 fan boy. I never said it would happen before the release, but if it does happen, it'll change for future GTA games. So if it does, it would be wise to get a PS3 now.

Because that's low of them to buy Take-Two to get exclusive games. From a business stand-point, it's genius. Absolutely genius. But GTA should never be an exclusive to any console. No, I'm not a 360 fan-boy.... I'm not fond of Xbox and I never was. I'm just saying the whole "PS3 is t3h godzorz and 360 sux!!!!!" is retarded and FALSE. But in that same view-point, the same goes for anyone saying the exact opposite. I do not stand for either of the consoles, they are both just fun games to me. Personally? The Wii kicks the most ass. So no, do not label me a fan-boy, for I am not the one worshipping a single console while calling another one the scum of all things ever.

Besides, Take-Two is a publisher. Rockstar can still decide for themselves who they want to make games for. They are big boys, y'know.

Because that's low of them to buy Take-Two to get exclusive games. From a business stand-point, it's genius. Absolutely genius. But GTA should never be an exclusive to any console. No, I'm not a 360 fan-boy.... I'm not fond of Xbox and I never was. I'm just saying the whole "PS3 is t3h godzorz and 360 sux!!!!!" is retarded and FALSE. But in that same view-point, the same goes for anyone saying the exact opposite. I do not stand for either of the consoles, they are both just fun games to me. Personally? The Wii kicks the most ass. So no, do not label me a fan-boy, for I am not the one worshipping a single console while calling another one the scum of all things ever.

Besides, Take-Two is a publisher. Rockstar can still decide for themselves who they want to make games for. They are big boys, y'know.

You just reminded me of something, I read an article in the paper saying that the Wii helps people too lose weght, I am being serious. Some lost about 2 stone for playing on his Wii for one month - about 90 minuted a day.

Anyway OGTAM most of the things in the article doesn't actually say it is a direct bid from Sony, but if GTA was to become a PS3 exclusive it would kill the 360 badly, just like the PS2 on the X box. No biased involved I actually thought the X box had better graphis but didn't have the games to take it through.

Well, depends on the game you play, really. Need for Speed, no. Some sports game with a lot of movement, yeah, you'd probably lose weight for getting a workout. Sort of like DDR and games like that.

Well if you want to lose weight buy a Wii, anyway Alistair if you live in America buy a PS3 but if you live in the Uk or Europe think carefullywhihc console you want to buy.

No it would be quite fair if they did that. 360 already has Halo, which isn't a game I like at all, but it is a popular game none the less. Sony needs a popular exclusive and I personally think GTA should be that exclusive game.