Should I buy an XBOX360 or PS3 to play GTA IV?

Alistair

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True video gaming is far from just power man, look back at the SNES time, it didn't have much power but the games had heart and soul, know what I'm saying. But you're also right, power is necessary to have faster loading times and all, but power is not everything, it's also about the gameplay and everything. It gives you a lot yes, but it's not everything, and to me graphics isn't really everything, it's what's deep inside that's most important. And yeah man, there's also coming a black Xbox 360 with a cooler processor, HDMI output, 120 gig and everything, seems great man.

Personally, it is almost entirely the games available that influence my decision to get a console or pc upgrade. i don't care about online connectivity, hdmi, bla bla bla and all the other acronyms, I just want to play the games I want to play, in the best quality available! I think Wii has proven that.

You could bet that Sony will come out with something very similar. If Sony puts a new casing on the PS3 it'd probably be the silver look.

I'd expect in a few years the PSthree. Y'know, a smaller version of the console. They've done it with both the PS and PS2, so I'd assume they'd do the same.

No, I just mean an update to stay with the competition.

wait. ogm up there, what you sed about motorstorm, the trailer is of the gameplay. it has some movie and some gameplay.

there most likely gunna make a ps3. it makes sense. but the real question is if they will make a psx 2.

True video gaming is far from just power man, look back at the SNES time, it didn't have much power but the games had heart and soul, know what I'm saying. But you're also right, power is necessary to have faster loading times and all, but power is not everything, it's also about the gameplay and everything. It gives you a lot yes, but it's not everything, and to me graphics isn't really everything, it's what's deep inside that's most important. And yeah man, there's also coming a black Xbox 360 with a cooler processor, HDMI output, 120 gig and everything, seems great man.

Where did that all come from? And how do you have a cooler processor?

ive never liked the GTAs on Xbox. i dont think they were the same. the graphics were wierd, gameplay a little off. but everything else was fine.

Edited by tilly

You could bet that Sony will come out with something very similar. If Sony puts a new casing on the PS3 it'd probably be the silver look.

I'd expect in a few years the PSthree. Y'know, a smaller version of the console. They've done it with both the PS and PS2, so I'd assume they'd do the same.

No, I just mean an update to stay with the competition.

That WOULD be an update. And as I said, they did it before, so it makes sense. The PStwo is a bit better than the PS2, it's smaller and more durable((small console = less chance of breaking it)).

• 1 month later...

Actually you can pick up a PS3 for about £350 on eBay nowadays (they retail at around £450), I think £350 is the same as the retail version of a decent X360. I'm going for a PS3, but I just wish they released it on PC at the same time, save me a lot of cash and my PC kicks any next-gen console ass!

Dude get an XBOX 360. Trust me, you will be so much happier. The PS3 really disapointed me. 360 has alot more games and just plays better in all ways. Sure, I might get a PS3 SOMEDAY, but no time soon. Not until I see alot more games, the rumble function put back in the controller and about a $400 price drop!

Where did you play the PS3?

Remember, L.A. Noire is exclusive to the PS3. GET A PS3!!!

Dude get an XBOX 360. Trust me, you will be so much happier. The PS3 really disapointed me. 360 has alot more games and just plays better in all ways. Sure, I might get a PS3 SOMEDAY, but no time soon. Not until I see alot more games, the rumble function put back in the controller and about a $400 price drop!

Where did you play the PS3?

Remember, L.A. Noire is exclusive to the PS3. GET A PS3!!!

I played one at "Game-A-Hollics: New Age Arcade" (plug, plug, plug ;) ) Exlusive to my town.

The selection of games varies a little between consoles, so it's more down to personal taste on that front.

But PS3 has most games XBOX has, including Oblivion, and a lot of XBOX games are on the PC anyway so if you already have a PC.

The PS3 does have better graphics, it has antialiasing which makes a big difference in games, and I've read it has better graphics for Oblivion, therefore if you want the best graphics, get a PS3, just make sure you find one cheap because the retail price is ridiculous!

I said the same thing on another topic, like it still has blu-ray and all just graphics are toned down a bit and some other things like that. PS3 Diet :)

PS: How much is the average price for the PS3 in dollars? (american dollars)

Edited by Mpilk

All I can say is, if you're thinking of buying one of these consoles ONLY for GTA IV, then I'd go for an Xbox 360 anyday you know. The Xbox 360-version will have exclusive episodic content you know + You will spend much less money on an Xbox 360 than a PS3. And graphically speaking, I don't think it's going to be any major difference, maybe the PS3-version will look a little bit better, but that's just what I think, it will pretty much look the same you know. But again, just going for GTA IV, I'd go for an Xbox 360 anyday.