Should I buy an XBOX360 or PS3 to play GTA IV?

Alistair

Yeah I'll have to agree with Spaz on this one - PCs are always better.

As for games, the only reason they are delayed is because a) the console makers get exclusivity rights with the game makers so people HAVE to buy their console to play the game first and b)it's far easier to pirate PC games - no good for game maker's profits.

GTA games, when released on PC, have higher graphics than on the console - even though a PC isn't fully dedicated as you say, the power in the high-spec ones still allows it to beat any console. Doesn't mean consoles are bad, just that PCs are better for graphics and like Spaz says any games where a mouse and keyboard are better (like RPGs).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spaz - whoops, my mistake.

But the PS3 does look better - the best check is the difference in the emperor's face (on the video) between the two, clearly a hell of a lot better on the PS3. It could never ever beat the graphics on a PC though, which is why I'm so annoyed they won't release GTA games on the PC simultaneously with console versions.

I think the graphics of the next-gen consoles are meeting the bench mark that the PC sets and, with in the next two yaers, will serpass them by a graet deal.

I think this is because the game makers are just now hendering power of these machines and will one day soon, fully utilize it.

You're an idiot, sir. PCs will ALWAYS be ahead. Why? They can be UPGRADED. The video cards out for PCs are more than double that of what the PS3 and 360 are running. Both systems were below what a PC can do BEFORE THEY WERE RELEASED.

Hey, I liked you, thought you were a good guy but you call me an idiot. I don't come shitin all over you ideas now do I.

Here's my point. the 360 has the power if not more power than a PC at this point. Sure they can upgrade but the 360 is all about how you utilize it's tech. If you do it right, then you will make a game better than any PC game ever made or that will ever be made. Plus next-gen consoles are just as upgradeable as a PC. Hell they practically are PCs at this point.

No sir, you're wrong. Yes, ALL consoles are PCs. TONED DOWN PCs. Right now, as we speak, no console can touch a high-end PC. It's just that simple. The 360 doesn't have more power than a pc. My computer is running 2GBs of RAM, what's the 360 running in terms of RAM? No where near. Case proven with that alone. I have a 200GB HDD with a second 200HDD I need to install((I'm a procrastinator)), how big is the 360 HDD? Exactly. Case proven, again. What about the GPU of these two systems? It's already been said that the PS3 GPU is outdated in terms of the COMPANY THAT MADE IT, so it can be expected the same goes for the 360. They have 512MB GPUs out FOR GAMING.... Neither the PS3 nor 360 is running that. So where's your proof of your claims? Oh, yeah, you have none.

Consoles are not upgradeable. You can't buy a stick a RAM, open your PS3, and stick it in there. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Are you telling me if you decided that Cell processor wasn't enough for you anymore you could go buy a better one and stick it in there? RIIIIIIGHT. I believe you. Entirely.

Maybe so BUT! The PC is a dying in terms of gameing, slowly but surely. There are no good games for the PC and the few there are don't utilize it's full power. Sure you can have a huge game world in a PC game but. The PC games physics suck, the games suck, the controls (via keyboard) blow.

sorry to burst your bubble mate, but how many consoles do you see floating around with physx cards? oh? none! thought so... yeah, and PC physics suck do they, heck, even my old, shitty radeon 9250 can support the full physics effect of FEAR, so get your facts straight.

Well, right now the Xbox 360 has more interesting games IMO, but there are coming some great games on the PS3 aswell, like Metal Gear Solid 4, Tekken 6, L.A. Noire. I'm going for a PS3, it's just more interesting and all.

yeah thats true. but because xbox has been out for a while and more people have it. ps3 will soon be overflowing with games. like more games than the ps2. and ps2 has broke the record for most games made.

When the hell did I say I had facts. Plus there is no support behing you so called "facts". I guess PCs can upgrade but still, ask any game designer and he/she will say that next-gen console are meeting the bench mark of any PC. And who cares about ~"RAMS"~ <_<

Here is some facts for you:

GTA Vice City sold 13 million copies on PS2 and Xbox.

At a latter time it came to PC, selling only about 15 thousand.

These stats clearly states that the PC version sucks.

If you can't even like a GTA game on PC then IT SUCKS! If a PC is such an ultimate game machine, then why don't the same amount of people who own PS3s,XBOX 360s and Wiis own a PCs as well. Case and point my friend.

You can check this on ask.com. Just type in "how many copies of gta vice city were sold"

Now if you will excuse me I most watch "Encino Man" Buuuddyyy! :w00t:

Edited by fatalgamer

Oh man this is stupid I'm sorry. I don't wanna have this arguement any more. I did'nt mean to start flame bait. I wanna be on good terms with every one on this forum. Your right and I'm wrong. PCs are dominant (sorry for the miss spellege) Sorry man. :erm: I wanna build my own PC one day and I might try out a few game on it.

Ha!! 15 thousand? I doubt it. I looked on ask.com, google, and nowhere does it actually state the number sold on PC.

"I guess PCs can upgrade but still, ask any game designer and he/she will say that next-gen console are meeting the bench mark of any PC. And who cares about ~"RAMS""

- Are you actually serious? PCs have far better processors, they can have DUAL graphics cards, which basically means at the moment you could have two GeForce8800GTX cards with 768MB each, that's about 1.5GB of video memory, which is at least 3 times bigger than the PS3.

But the proof that PCs out-benchmark the "nextgen consoles"? My PC can already run Oblivion in better graphics than the PS3 and X360 can, and, as Jace rightly said, I have a high-end PC, but it isn't even the best you could get. I'll be getting another GeForce7900GTX 512MB video card, to run in SLI with my current card, giving me 1GB video memory. I'll probably be able to run Oblivion in the highest graphics settings, something that the PS3 couldn't ever hope to do. So just quit it, PCs are always going to have better graphics. RAMS? Are you talking about sheep with horns?

"These stats clearly states that the PC version sucks." - Alright, I'm gonna quote from this article:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/grandthef...=summary;review

"the PC version of Vice City does offer enhanced visuals and controls, improved loading times, and a few extra frills." - OK? Got it now?

"If a PC is such an ultimate game machine, then why don't the same amount of people who own PS3s,XBOX 360s and Wiis own a PCs as well." - Because PCs are a lot more expensive.

Jace, that's a good idea actually! Do I need a HDD for the XBOX360 to play GTA IV?

Edited by Alistair

Well, here the premium packet just costs 60 EUR more then the Core System. I can't say if you need a HDD, but if your taking Xbox live (for the exclusive content and all that other stuff live gives) you'll need a HDD. I'd say wait untill the 'elite' is going to replace the premium package, what should be pretty soon.

BTW, a cheap desktop that sucks in games usually still costs more then a ps3. Simple.

When the hell did I say I had facts. Plus there is no support behing you so called "facts". I guess PCs can upgrade but still, ask any game designer and he/she will say that next-gen console are meeting the bench mark of any PC. And who cares about ~"RAMS"~ <_<

Here is some facts for you:

GTA Vice City sold 13 million copies on PS2 and Xbox.

At a latter time it came to PC, selling only about 15 thousand.

These stats clearly states that the PC version sucks.

If you can't even like a GTA game on PC then IT SUCKS! If a PC is such an ultimate game machine, then why don't the same amount of people who own PS3s,XBOX 360s and Wiis own a PCs as well. Case and point my friend.

You can check this on ask.com. Just type in "how many copies of gta vice city were sold"

Now if you will excuse me I most watch "Encino Man" Buuuddyyy! :w00t:

1. Alot of people care about RAM, without it, your PC/console would do sweet f*** all

2.It doesn't say the PC version sucks, it says most people already owned it on PS2/Xbox and didn't see the point in buying it again for their PC, because they're not PC gamers.

3. Because owning and upgrading a PC (being an enthusiast) is a much more expensive hobby than owning a console. Cas and point that, nobhead...

While I will probably pick it up for the PC once it comes out. Still, when it comes down to it Mass Effect is coming out on the XBOX360. Plus, there are a lot of other games coming out on the XBOX360 that interest me far more then the PS3. Since, I will be waiting until January when I upgrade my TV, Monitor, Case, and CPU; I will have a lot of time to watch the current game selection. Sometimes, its better to take a watch and see approach to the console market. :) I also keep hearing about possible upgraded versions of the consoles, other then the XBOX360 Elite.

Mpilk, Jace, yeah it's a:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 2.66GHz

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE Motherboard

2GB RAM

XFX 7900GTX 512MB

New case with 4 BLUE LED fans :D (CPU never goes above 40C)

It is pretty good, I don't run the net on it anymore so it's a pure gaming machine, boots up fully to win xp in about 30 seconds and boots games probably quicker than a PS2 or 3! Can almost run Oblivion in highest graphics as well!

Oh, can you buy a HDD for the X360 (you know, like upgrade) it if you just buy the standard console with no HDD?

Edited by Alistair

haha, lol

@ Alistair: Isn't that a Recom case? Or it's extreemly simmilar to one..

*checks stats for Graphic cards*

@ Tilly: I don't know alot about ATI, but I don't think that G-card was actually designed for gaming, but it's expensive as hell.

Edit:

Alistair, this is from Recom:

1340001-hi.jpg

you're right about it not being designed for gaming, but that;s probably what they say because it's so overly powerfull and expensive that they don't market it to gamers. I don't know unless tilly sends me them to find out :D

Jace, that's disturbing, it's very similar, except mine doesn't have that side-grill it has two fans there instead, and I've taken the annoying opening-front off as well. In any case, it sort of looks like a bike-engine and it's always running very cool so I'm happy!

Well somebody is a mister rich-pants!!!!! That is one serious card, and you have two of them?? Nah, I don't believe you!

It's a Jeantech Nix:

http://jeantech.com/nix.htm

(Mine looks a lot blacker, glossier, and better than the poor-quality picture, and it's ultra-blue lights everywhere :D bling!

No its true, and im NOT RICH, which is funny cuz i got a GREAT deal. First, the company that i bought my new computer from a short while back gave me a 60 percent discount on anything i wanted if the price was higher than 1,500 (or something like that, i dont remember exactly) and i figured that i should go for the highest thing they got, so i got the fireGL. Then my cousin who works at ATI (yeah i usually get minor free stuff, hes been working there for 4 and half years about, but he has cancer so he is not working right now, but hes gonna go back) got a promotion and got to take home a few things. He told me about it, because me and my brother are usually the people he gives the stuff to when he doesnt take them (he doesnt have much of a family besides us,) and i told him to give me another one of those. I was sortof kidding and i think he thought i was crazy when i asked him. but LUCKILY FOR ME!!!!! the next time he came to my house he said (like usual, never any new lines from him,) "i gots you a present!" in a crazy voice. and i was like OMG! so i went outside to his car and he brought out firegl box. I sortof think that his boss is like a god. Very nice man. i met him a few years go. So after i got that, all i needed was a SLI. so we went to frys and got SLI, hooked it up to my computer, overclocked, then started running. and its crazy and powerful as hell. I can run counterstrike, SA, and oblivion at the same time (it does get SORTA laggy, but hardly even noticeable until i run the task manager.)

@ Tilly: I don't know alot about ATI, but I don't think that G-card was actually designed for gaming, but it's expensive as hell.

Nope, its not, im sure nobody in their right mind would ever buy it for gaming. unless they had a discount like me. Its more for big server type things. Computers that CANNOT go down or get slow. Like radio/TV stations.