Anyone likes metal?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like metal. Most of stuff I listen to is metal (most of other is rock...). I like most of the bands you guys listed here. And Linkin Park is a (crappy) wannabe hard rock band, not close to metal.

Sub-genres I prefer are death, power, trash, metalcore, nu, progressive, alternative.

yeah, slipknot, that is one cool band, i think thats a... rapcore-metal, :lol:

have you seen joey(slipknot drummer) doing solo? its so cool man :thumbsup:

Joey is the most talented member of Slipknot. I wanted to make a band making fun of Slipknot and this drummer turned down my offer because he said he wasn't good enough to be Joey.

Oh hey since we're talking about all types of metal would Linkin Park count? Cause you just mention nu metal so yeah I'm guessing it would. I love Linkin Park because they mix a lot of stuff together and it still sounds awesome IMO.

Linkin Park isn't metal. At all. Not even close.

linkin park sounds ok.. metal sounds good..

but you guys should try listen to jazz.. too many ANGER in metal music.. it will kill you fast man!

Jazz, blues, funk, you name it, I'll listen to it. And screaming/growling doesn't always signify anger, BTW.

I'm mostly into metal, these are the main metal bands I listen to.

-KoRn <<<(Most say isn't metal, but some of their songs are. Mostly Hard Rock)

-Pantera

-Slipknot <<<(Some say this isn't even metal...if it's not, I don't know what the f*** it is)

-Lamb of God

-Slayer

-Fear Factory

Pantera has awesome guitars to listen to. Slipknot are actually "nu-metal", which a lot of metal heads consider to not be metal at all. Die-hard metal-heads will tear you apart for mentioning Slipknot in a metal topic.

Anyone listen to Luca Turilli? I'm sort of doubting it, but if not check them out.

Luca Turilli

Luca Turilli

On that second link check out Rider of the Astral Fire. I LOVE that song.

Well idk about you, but I count both die-hard metal and nu-metal as metal. I know some people don't because they don't "follow the original metal pattern", but imo that's wrong. Slipknot (or Disturbed) also have intelectual lyrics. And well if it's not the lyrics (SOAD) I'd still put it under metal because of the beat. If you ask me, I'd rather count out some of the rock bands that formed sub-genres of metal (Led Zeppelin). Yea, they've affected metal, but their songs are rock.