last saturday, i've seen this movie..

this is a little synopsis about it:

300 Spartans defend against Xerxes' invasion of Greece in an enclosed area, forcing their soldiers to funnel through a small opening. Ephialtes, a deformed Spartan who begs Leonidas to fight but is not allowed to due to his hunchbacked form, betrays the existence of a small pass where the Spartans are overwhelmed. Leonidas tells the Spartan's storyteller to leave and tell how the Spartans won. Xerxes, after three days of battle, shows himself to Leonidas, who has put down his helmet and shield so he can throw his spear. Leonidas wounds Xerxes, proving that Xerxes was mortal, not the God-King he claimed to be.

i think the story of the movie is a little bit boring.. eventhough the war is so cool..

what's your opinion? B)

Edited by little_friend

yeahhh,

the war scenes are certainly cool

i like the rhino's attack too

even the rhino was too easy to kill

but, what i really curious about is:

why are those spartans don't wear any body armor??

it's a little ridiculous you know?

one arrow or one stabbing sword, you're a dead man! :ph34r:

yeahhh,

the war scenes are certainly cool

i like the rhino's attack too

even the rhino was too easy to kill

but, what i really curious about is:

why are those spartans don't wear any body armor??

it's a little ridiculous you know?

one arrow or one stabbing sword, you're a dead man! :ph34r:

Speed, Agility, Flexibility and more strength. Because the armour is heavy and it makes you tired decreasing yor strength. Also, those shields are really good if used correctly.

Watched this movie last Wednesday and I have to say: it was pretty f***ing awesome!!! I abosulutely loved it. The war scenes were the best, so many cool things happened. Lots and lots of gore and some nasty stuff (like those monks that Leonidas went to see for a blessing or something, they're faces were just gross). Can't really describe it; everyone who has not seen it, just has to see it to understand. So go see it! :P

Edited by Artur

Watched this movie last Wednesday and I have to say: it was pretty f***ing awesome!!! I abosulutely loved it. The war scenes were the best, so many cool things happened. Lots and lots of gore and some nasty stuff (like those monks that Leonidas went to see for a blessing or something, they're faces were just gross). Can't really describe it; everyone who has not seen it, just has to see it to understand. So go see it! :P

here's a statue of leonidas:

250px-Leonidas_Thermopylae.jpg

i think he's a real hero

cause, SPARTANS!

"TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!"

Watched it 5 mins ago. I have to say - pretty damn good!!!! Its probably one of the best movies i've ever seen!!! Bout the armour and stuff - Spartan is right, but it is also known that their fighting manner was altered for the movie to look more 'cool' you know. I liked the surreal kinda way that the movie looked, and with all those freaks :lol: i mean - the monks, the retarded persian giant and the executioner with blades instead of his arms - soooooooo cool :D

And i noticed that at least two actors were from Troy (the movie i mean :lol: ) - that dude that lost his son, he also was Achilles right hand man, the one - eyed messenger, he also was Odysseus, and he wasnt the guy that run the marathon. They speak in the movie about the marathon fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

And i loved Troy too. Which one is better? Discuss if you like.

Edited by QuickDeath

• 2 weeks later...

It was good, but not great. Unfortunately, my expectations for this movie were way too high. I thought it was going to be the next big movie of our time. Action sequences were tremendous, but the story was just average, and extremely boring at times. P.S. Xerxes (spelling?) is a beast in that movie, is that the man's real height, or is it computer generated??

Edited by rzcsc

It is historically accurate that Xerxes was 7 feet tall, the actor however is only 6 feet, so there were some serious makeup and computer GFX involved.

And Leonidas looks anything BUT like that russian asshole, pardon my french.

If anyone missed this - this movie is based on a comic book which is based on a historical event.

It is historically accurate that Xerxes was 7 feet tall, the actor however is only 6 feet, so there were some serious makeup and computer GFX involved.

And Leonidas looks anything BUT like that russian asshole, pardon my french.

If anyone missed this - this movie is based on a comic book which is based on a historical event.

I have all 5 issues, I can upload em.

Apparently, this film was shot ENTIRELY in several (or maybe even just 1) studio(s)...

Yes it was, heres a snippet from the wikipedia article:

300 is a 2007 film adaptation of the graphic novel 300 by Frank Miller, itself partly inspired by another film, The 300 Spartans, and is a fictional account of the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. The film is directed by Zack Snyder with Frank Miller attached as an executive producer and consultant, and was shot mostly with bluescreen to duplicate the imagery of the original comic book.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_film

Edited by the bossman