Global Warming Coming Up!

jack_bauer

some of al gore's charts/predictions may have been a load of b.s......i never once heard him state a source about exactly where he got his information. he'd always say "based on information from my close friends studies" and stuff like that......i dont think the world is going to end in 50 years...maybe more like 500..or 1000, global warming will be slowed down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of al gore's charts/predictions may have been a load of b.s......i never once heard him state a source about exactly where he got his information. he'd always say "based on information from my close friends studies" and stuff like that......i dont think the world is going to end in 50 years...maybe more like 500..or 1000, global warming will be slowed down.

You do know that all the climate graphs and such were provided by NASA, so really if it was BS then NASA is full of it.

OMG have you even read the link I put up, read that and then make up your own conclusion.

Clearly you know nothing so stop your bullshit about people having to read that link before posting here, in fact it doesn't seem like you read it that well either:

I remmeber they said that plants release more dioxide than cars and factories and stuff like this, guys I will try to get a link for you.

So which bit of biology did you miss out on when you were 10, was it the bit where they taught you that plants remove CO2 not produce it? Try and read what it actually says: "Volcanic emissions and carbon dioxide from animals, bacteria, decaying vegetation and the ocean outweigh our own production several times over." Yeah, now that's a little different to what you said.

The fact is that the Earth is changing, always has been, always will be until it's finally vaporised in the dying breath of our sun. The human race has lived through so many climate changes and we'll live through more. However, that is not to say that the current warming of the Earth is not to do with us, it most definately is. Want to know another interesting thing? The ozone layer has nothing to do with CO2. Guess what that is? Chlorine, produced by none other than our factories and human operations pumping it up into the atmosphere. So even if you stop CO2, they'll still be that big (and getting bigger) ozone hole lying above your head with all those gamma rays pouring in.

First of all before I said that I didn't have the link so was only guessing because it was weeks ago the programme was on. But now I got the link I read everything and refreshed myslef. So in fact when in the 70s when there was loads of carbon emissions, people actually were talking anout an ice age and this was when carbon emissions was at its maximum. SO don't you tell me that the earth is going to get vapourised.

Well, we make it happen, we are the guilty ones, ya know.

There is a bunch of factories, cars... witch destroying our planet and heating up temperature.

We don't make it happen at all. It's a natural thing. It is going to happen. It was always going to happen and we can't stop it.

What are you actually saying what si going to happen. The climate will go down from about 2025,

There have ben several times when the Earth has been hotter than this and then cooled down, it's just the media they hype it up.

My mom says using Axe spray helps global warming? You guys know if that's true??

Yeah.

Not only Axe spay,majority of them as well as Ac's and Refrigerator's release CFC's(Chloro-Fluoro-Carbons).

Which destroy ozone.

Around one molecule of CFC can destroy 1000 molecules of O3

I think its going to happen whether you like it or not. Theres nothing anyone can do to stop it. Its a natural disaster!. Well thats my opinion anyway. I think it is going to happen... but not anytime soon..

I think it's just a good storyline for all the tabliod newspapers. Making people scared is a good way to selling papers.

Dudes its not CO2 that causes global warming. It's CO. People breathe out CO2, plants use them for generating sugar and oxygen.

wow, last time i check, only few member posting in this topic

now i hope, this topic send a message to us, deny it or not,

the main message is, that we should care about the environment,

it's not about whose fault is this, or what cause it,

if there is some way we can prevent this so called GLOBAL WARMING,

then why don't we prevent it?

it's a global issues, like it or not YOU WILL FACE IT SOMEDAY, or maybe your children/grandchildren

this is for Slayer,

Carbon dioxide is a chemical compound composed of one carbon and two oxygen atoms. It is often referred to by its formula CO2. It is present in the Earth's atmosphere at a low concentration of approximately 0.03%-0.06% and is an important GREENHOUSE GAS. In its solid state, it is called dry ice. It is a major component of the carbon cycle.

Plants also emit CO2 during respiration, so it is only during growth stages that plants are net absorbers. For example a growing forest will absorb many tonnes of CO2 each year, however a mature forest will produce as much CO2 from respiration and decomposition of dead specimens (e.g. fallen branches) as used in biosynthesis in growing plants.[citation needed] Regardless of this, mature forests are still valuable carbon sinks, helping maintain balance in the Earth's atmosphere.

280px-Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide.png

Dudes its not CO2 that causes global warming. It's CO. People breathe out CO2, plants use them for generating sugar and oxygen.

wow, last time i check, only few member posting in this topic

now i hope, this topic send a message to us, deny it or not,

the main message is, that we should care about the environment,

it's not about whose fault is this, or what cause it,

if there is some way we can prevent this so called GLOBAL WARMING,

then why don't we prevent it?

it's a global issues, like it or not YOU WILL FACE IT SOMEDAY, or maybe your children/grandchildren

this is for Slayer,

Carbon dioxide is a chemical compound composed of one carbon and two oxygen atoms. It is often referred to by its formula CO2. It is present in the Earth's atmosphere at a low concentration of approximately 0.03%-0.06% and is an important GREENHOUSE GAS. In its solid state, it is called dry ice. It is a major component of the carbon cycle.

Plants also emit CO2 during respiration, so it is only during growth stages that plants are net absorbers. For example a growing forest will absorb many tonnes of CO2 each year, however a mature forest will produce as much CO2 from respiration and decomposition of dead specimens (e.g. fallen branches) as used in biosynthesis in growing plants.[citation needed] Regardless of this, mature forests are still valuable carbon sinks, helping maintain balance in the Earth's atmosphere.

280px-Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide.png

Good information and I heard somewhere that the earth at one poin had 4% CO2 in the air.

Good information and I heard somewhere that the earth at one poin had 4% CO2 in the air.

yeahh ps3 player,

it's true in exhaled air, here's the more specific info about CO2 relating with pollution and toxicity:

Carbon dioxide content in fresh air varies and is between 0.03% (300 ppm) and 0.06% (600 ppm), depending on location and in exhaled air approximately 4.5%. When inhaled in high concentrations (greater than 5% by volume), it is immediately dangerous to the life and health of humans and other animals. The current threshold limit value (TLV) or maximum level that is considered safe for healthy adults for an 8-hour work day is 0.5% (5000 ppm). The maximum safe level for infants, children, the elderly and individuals with cardio-pulmonary health issues would be significantly less.

so i guess CO2 aer dangerous for human and environment, including atmospheric cause which lead to the greenhouse gasses that leads into a long term cause of global warming

Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png

^Someone would think he works for C4.

SO don't you tell me that the earth is going to get vapourised.

Why not? Stars die. And our star will die by going into a red giant engulfing most of the inner solar system (including us folks) and last time I checked a planet can't survive being engulfed by the outer layers of a star which happen to be at several million celsius. And for reference, our planet turns into a liquid at under a thousand celsisus (thus lava/magma.)

^Someone would think he works for C4.
SO don't you tell me that the earth is going to get vapourised.

Why not? Stars die. And our star will die by going into a red giant engulfing most of the inner solar system (including us folks) and last time I checked a planet can't survive being engulfed by the outer layers of a star which happen to be at several million celsius. And for reference, our planet turns into a liquid at under a thousand celsisus (thus lava/magma.)

I mean it is not going to get vapourised through global warming.

and Im only 15 thus how can I work for C4