GTA IV Trailer Countdown Seen On Television

Chris

Many people are reporting on various forums, namely NeoGAF, that they have seen the countdown to the GTA IV trailer on FX in the early hours of this morning. The "advert" lasted for a whole 30 minutes from 2:00-2:30AM and appeared to mirror the countdown which we have been staring at on the official site for the past few weeks, with the only difference being a sound playing for each second counted down.

If you turn to the FX channel right now, there's a big black screen with "IV" in the Grand Theft Auto font, along with the word "trailer" and a countdown leading up to next Thursday, March 29 at around 6 p.m. EST. Then there's Rockstar's GTA4 Web site listed below with the Rockstar logo.

With each second that counts down, there's a KA-chung, KA-chung, KA-chung noise that resembles the "24" countdown noise, but with less clang and not so much beep. It's annoying, until you've been listening to it for a few minutes and it just becomes hypnotic.

This begs the question of whether or not we'll see a simultaneous web and TV release of the trailer, or if it was simply to increase awareness and give more exposure to both the game and the website. Thanks to Jordan over at PlanetGTA for this interesting piece of news.

We now have a short excerpt of the advert for those of you who didn't get to see it:

Thanks to gta-xtreme.de for the video.

Wow a 30 min ad, that must have costed a lot! I guess it would be kinda cool if they showed the trailer on TV too.

Yeah you'd think so, but this was at a time when not many people are watching, and when normally infomercials are shown, so apparently, people are saying it wouldn't be too expensive to advertise there.

Yeah, I was confused when I saw it on TV...didn't think they'd do that. I thought it was going to be a quick 30-second thing, so I rushed down stairs to grab the camera and it ended up being a lot longer than just 30 seconds. I was about to fall asleep before I saw that. For some reason, people didn't believe me that the countdown was on TV...they thought I edited the pictures or something, come on, I have a life :wacko: . Anyways, I don't think it has any significants, just to get people pumped up. You wanna know something sad? I was gonna try to record the "KA-chung" noise... :lol:

Probably some bit GTA fan.

If it's at that time and not that big channel (I never heard of FX channel :P) it would be affordable for him, and something cool to do.

Edit: Topic by Original GTA Master

Do you live in America? FX is huge. They are always playing movies, too.

This is epic. Wish I would've caught it. Not awake at those hours, usually.

I don't see anything, that channel is not even working right now, all I can is a red color and black colors and some green, but that's it...

Yeah that kind of stuff always happens on FX such as the sound getting screwed up and all the people on FX will sound like Monsters.

Edited by King 2003