Aussie PS3 Launch Fails Miserably

Chris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3's are just lying in the stores here. Lot's of people looking at it, no one actually buying.

Don't forget, the Wii is still not in stores, you have to reserve and there is a high demand.

Dude, the 360 is actually a better console.

Back to Wii. The ps3 will be outdated in power within 3 years, as for the Wii, it doesn't need power. So there. It isn't worth the big price getting a console that will be rubish withing 3 years.

Edit: and with a username as PS3 player you say you aren't a fan boy.. Yeah right.

Edited by Jace

We just got an EBGames store start here this week, great place, and some good trading ideas for getting the PS3.

What city/ town / suburb do you live in and i think you might be talking about trade in your ps2 or xbox and 20 games and get $300 off your PS3

Yep, thats the one. Not gonna do it, but it was interesting.

PS3's are just lying in the stores here. Lot's of people looking at it, no one actually buying.

Don't forget, the Wii is still not in stores, you have to reserve and there is a high demand.

Dude, the 360 is actually a better console.

Back to Wii. The ps3 will be outdated in power within 3 years, as for the Wii, it doesn't need power. So there. It isn't worth the big price getting a console that will be rubish withing 3 years.

Edit: and with a username as PS3 player you say you aren't a fan boy.. Yeah right.

I ain't no fan boy, its just I like the way Sony have gone properly next gen- This console will at least last 7 - 10 years, Whereas Nintendo and Microsoft may have to release a new console in 2012 or 2013 because there system is like to outdated.

Im not a PS3 fanboy, All I am saying is in 2 or 3 or 4 years time the Wii will not be the cool thing everyone has to have. The 360 IMO ain't that good ata ll (the package I mean), if you buy all the add ons it'll cost the same as a PS3.

Add-ons? Last I checked, both systems have add-ons.

In the PS3 box you get:

Wireless controller

TV Cables

Power cord

Ethernet cable

USB Cable

In the Xbox 360 Premium package you get:

Wireless controller

TV Cables

Power cord

Ethernet cable

XBL Headset

Removable faceplate

They both come with their fair share of accessories dude. In fact I'd wager that the Xbox's are better because they include the headset in the box. I can't believe that Sony is serious about getting their PSN to complete with Live when they don't even put a headset in the box. Voice is necessary communication when playing online!

But forget about that, let's take the $300 Xbox 360 core package and the $500 PS3 20gb

So you get:

Wireless controller

TV Cables

Power cord

Ethernet cable

USB Cable

with the PS3, while the 360 Core only has:

Wired controller

SDTV cables

Power cord

So buying

The 360 wireless controller

A high-def cable

An ethernet cable

A USB cable

Would raise the Core System's price to $400, $100 less than the 20GB PS3. Adding the hard drive to the Core System would raise it to $500, the same price as the PS3.

2013? 6 years? You must be crazy. How can a weak console as the ps3 survive 6 damn years? I give it 3 to 4 years. Same for the 360.

The 360 compensates it's weaker Graphic card with more RAM.

And again, the Wii is built without good graphics in mind, that's why it can stay longer. The PS3 and the 360 are meant for real gaming with good graphics and physics.

2013? 6 years? You must be crazy. How can a weak console as the ps3 survive 6 damn years? I give it 3 to 4 years. Same for the 360.

The 360 compensates it's weaker Graphic card with more RAM.

And again, the Wii is built without good graphics in mind, that's why it can stay longer. The PS3 and the 360 are meant for real gaming with good graphics and physics.

I didn't say the PS3 will last by 2013, theoretically with all playstations they last 6/7 years depending where you live so it will last by 2013/2014

Well actually, PS3 were first released in 2006. And Jace, I'm not sure if I like that expression of yours when you're saying the PS3 and Xbox 360 are meant for real gaming, you should know that real gaming isn't just about graphics and physics you know.

I think he means that the 360 is better and the PS isn't,

But nothing is really concrete right now. We will get a real picture of who is going to win the console wars in about 2008 when all the good games and everything has been released.

Well I'm not so sure about that we will get a real picture of who is going to win the console war already in 2008, we'll see. And Xbox 360 is going to be out for a pretty damn long time, according to Peter Moore Microsoft is planning to release a new console but not until 2012, that's a long time, so this is just the beginning.

Well actually, PS3 were first released in 2006. And Jace, I'm not sure if I like that expression of yours when you're saying the PS3 and Xbox 360 are meant for real gaming, you should know that real gaming isn't just about graphics and physics you know.

You're saying that to someone who thinks the Wii pwns all...

And how do you guys expect it to last 7 years? PS3player, your argumentation is shit. Just because to times they release it after 7 years doesn't mean that will be again. I reckon PC's will have defeated consoles for good within 1 till 2 years. And again, The Wii is the only console that gives what even the most powerfull PC can't.

And I'll have to check the release of the ps1. I though it was far later. Let's say 1998 or something.

I know that the other playstation models have lasted for about 6/7 years but i think the PS3 will go for around 9/10, just my opinion but I'm not sure. They will probably make a PS3 slim thing which has less options so it cost less but still has blu-ray and wireless thing which will make Sony's comeback, but I don't expect that for a bit.

Off Topic: What is so 360 about the Xbox 360? I mean its a box! And whats so "X" about it anymore? Haha i think they should of thought a bit longer about that name.. >.<

You're saying that to someone who thinks the Wii pwns all...

And how do you guys expect it to last 7 years? PS3player, your argumentation is shit. Just because to times they release it after 7 years doesn't mean that will be again. I reckon PC's will have defeated consoles for good within 1 till 2 years. And again, The Wii is the only console that gives what even the most powerfull PC can't.

And I'll have to check the release of the ps1. I though it was far later. Let's say 1998 or something.

Get your facts right fisrt, PS1 was released in 1994 and PS2 in 2000, so shut the hell up. Thats your opinion that Wii is 'cool' but it ain't mine so don't make this into another flaming topic.

Are you retarded!? I said I don't know and that I though it was only around that time fool.

How the hell do you want a weak console as the ps3 last for damn 3 years? It only has 256MB ram! You can't even run Vista on that. It basically just is a weak computer.

Have you played it yet? If you have you would have seen that it's just like any other console. It's not betten then the Xbox. The only special thing it has is Blu-Ray.

Everytime you say "get your facts right" you prove you're a fool. You don't see when someone says: I thought it was far later.

Also, you say something is said by friends when it's a "investigation" by New Zealand.

Thats your opinion that Wii is 'cool'

And it's YOUR opinion that the PS3 is 'cool'.

You have been bitching about how great the PS3 is for ages, when you've never even seen it. And still you deny you're a fanboy.

Are you retarded!? I said I don't know and that I though it was only around that time fool.

How the hell do you want a weak console as the ps3 last for damn 3 years? It only has 256MB ram! You can't even run Vista on that. It basically just is a weak computer.

Have you played it yet? If you have you would have seen that it's just like any other console. It's not betten then the Xbox. The only special thing it has is Blu-Ray.

Everytime you say "get your facts right" you prove you're a fool. You don't see when someone says: I thought it was far later.

Also, you say something is said by friends when it's a "investigation" by New Zealand.

Thats your opinion that Wii is 'cool'

And it's YOUR opinion that the PS3 is 'cool'.

You have been bitching about how great the PS3 is for ages, when you've never even seen it. And still you deny you're a fanboy.

Whooa I said I odn't want a flaming topic, I admit I am a Sony fanboy but only because I like the high quality of goods that Sony give. And by the way I have played the PS3 so don't sa I haven't. And to my standards it's pretty damn good. The 'home' feature makes X BOX live look last gen and if you think about the blu ray is half price. But I admit for a games console its pretty expensive.

No more flaming please.

Finally, you admit it. Home is great yeah, but for the price theyt should have added a headphone to it though.

In general, Xbox has always been better in online gameplay. If sony really wants to change that, they should still add a head set.

The Blu-Ray thing is great. But it's still just a console so no matter what's in it, people don't really want to spend that whole price for it.

What would be cool is if you could connect your PS3 to your PC so it can use Blu-Ray.

And don't forget Vista is probably going to boost up the online play for the Xbox. Cause they are going to combine it. So if you play a certain online game online on your PC you can play against people using Xbox live.

Xbox should have had something like Home. It's really a great feature and it does pwn that Mii stuff.

BTW, judging how games are improving lately. Don't you thing 7 years is a little much? And again, the RAM is really letting it down. For now it's not a big deal. But maybe in 2 years, how should it load all the textures..

Would have been better if they put a slightly weaker CPU but then more RAM.

OK I will try to counter your arguments -

1. I don't think they put in a heaadset because it doesn't cost much really. If they were to add it on it would increase the price of the PS3 thus deciding against it and plus the headset won't cost much probably £15.

2. The price fo the PS3 depends on how you look at it. As a games console it is expensive. But as a blu-ray player very, very cheap. And also you said that people wouldn't want to pay that much for it. I think your wrong there because I know a lot of people who are willing to pay the full price.

3. Vista will improve X BOX live but the 'Home' feature will still be way better. The graphics tell a story for the home feature. X box weren't expecting this so it is a nice surprise and it'll be nice to see hww they react to this.

4. I don't think 7 years is a bit too much for the PS3, I think it can go on for 10 years even challenging the next x box. PS3 is next gen. I admit right now blu-ray may seem like a risk however in 4 - 5 years time it will current gen and by that time I think the x box will announce a new console. Games are improving but the PS3 games up to now have not tested the PS3 fully because they are all single layered which is 25 GB. Thats why I think the PS3 can last longer.

So it can play discs containing up to 50 Gig. But how does it really wan to ever use that with 256 MB RAM?

Once again, I'd rather spend 600 EUR on my PC then on a console. Cause the console only can play games, PC can use it for much more things.

On the other hand, it has the same price as the graphic card I'm going to buy, so then it isn't that much.

So it can play discs containing up to 50 Gig. But how does it really wan to ever use that with 256 MB RAM?

Once again, I'd rather spend 600 EUR on my PC then on a console. Cause the console only can play games, PC can use it for much more things.

On the other hand, it has the same price as the graphic card I'm going to buy, so then it isn't that much.

This console can do a lot more such as adding pictures, music and videos.

The RAM would have increased the Price thus Sony left it out but you can get more RAM put into the PS3

50 gig can only be used on the dual layers blu ray disc