IMG TOOL HELP

don vinny

I'll try to help you. Try re-intalling GTA Vice City, make a backup of the files you usually modify e.g. gta3.img .

Then uninstall IMGtool, and reinstall it following all of the directions.

If you find the Tool not in a ZIP file, you have to instal it. Make sure you are administrator.

And you shouldn't really be adding any other file than .img files. If you are trying to add .dir's or .bak's, It won't work.

Hope this helps

jojobomb

• 2 months later...
yea.....there is no other way.........try reinstalling :mellow:

its not helping ... i have the same problem ...

By deleteing it says: Dir file error! It might be in use.. exiting ...

By replaceing it says: File access denied!

i made backups and reinstalled vice and IMGtool ... but nothing ... the same problem ...

a few month ago it worked perfectly ... i even made a "Vice Nudge City" backage ...

and now im updating it to "Vice Nudge City v.2" but i cant put them into the game to see if its working without problems ...

PLEASE HELP ME ... FOR THE NEXT NUDGE GENERATION ...

post-11116-1182317513.jpg

whenever i try to add a file into img tool it always says FILE ACCESS DENIED. i tried reinstalling it but it still says the same thing!!!

reinstall the game but change the dirctry to your desktop then right click on the gta file and un tik the box for read only aply then select the second option from the popup and then you should have no problems with img tool tust this advice it happend to me, just remeber to backup files you want to replace first let me know when you get it to work and inform me of any other problems, hope this helps

ps my mailing adress is [email protected]

Edited by gta modding nood

yea.....there is no other way.........try reinstalling :mellow:

its not helping ... i have the same problem ...

By deleteing it says: Dir file error! It might be in use.. exiting ...

By replaceing it says: File access denied!

i made backups and reinstalled vice and IMGtool ... but nothing ... the same problem ...

a few month ago it worked perfectly ... i even made a "Vice Nudge City" backage ...

and now im updating it to "Vice Nudge City v.2" but i cant put them into the game to see if its working without problems ...

if you email me the mod i will test it for you and give you plenty of feedback on how it could be improved when you send it to me please include list of changes so i know what im looking for. dont worry i wont steel your mod because i am new to modding and i dont have a clue how to upload them.

ooooh, gta modding nooD (wtf, moron, its a B)

And has a phobia of grammar because when he speaks he cannot afford to waste any breath using punctuatuion becayse that may weild some chance of you being able to type coherently and comprehensibly and you wish for us all to die dearths by suffocation when we read your posts dick.

That is all.

nd yeah,. no need for that bollocks, do what funGT said.

And has a phobia of grammar because when he speaks he cannot afford to waste any breath using punctuatuion becayse that may weild some chance of you being able to type coherently and comprehensibly and you wish for us all to die dearths by suffocation when we read your posts dick.

That is all.

:pissedred: What the hell you needn't talk. all i am doing is trying to help. if your gona be like that then gently caress you. do u understand? getlost dickweed :pissedred:

Hahah, he is kinda right though. And what's up with the double post? I'm telling Chris!

Haha, kidding.. Kidding...

Anyhows,

When I modded my GTA I didn't have to un-check the Read-Only thing on the folder's Properties. Maybe it was just my computer. But who knows, if unchecking it still doesn't fix the problem, make sure you used the latest IMG Tool version.

If it fixes it, good. And you can start calling me "stupidass" hehe :)!

That is all.

:pissedred: What the hell you needn't talk. all i am doing is trying to help. if your gona be like that then gently caress you. do u understand? getlost dickweed :pissedred:

Get bent you intolerant assfuck.

And the punctuation thing? Most people use it. So should you, it's a big factor of languauge, without it, we would never understand each other. So you can take a runnig jump if you think i'm gonna stand by and let you tell me to 'getlost dickweed' and, 'get', and 'lost' are 2 different words, FYI, and the last time i checked, Dickweed wasn't a proper noun. :P

So STFU mate.

And i was helping you anyway, just pointing you in the right sirection, due to the fact you seem to be ignorant to the fact these people are giving you a simple response to a question that you would rather made a bigger impact, but it didn't.

x

MrLlamaLlama

Oooops, edit: :pissedred: <--- HALO 16 having a bitch-fit.... LOL @ U

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

That is all.

Get bent you intolerant assfuck.

And the punctuation thing? Most people use it. So should you, it's a big factor of languauge, without it, we would never understand each other. So you can take a runnig jump if you think i'm gonna stand by and let you tell me to 'getlost dickweed' and, 'get', and 'lost' are 2 different words, FYI, and the last time i checked, Dickweed wasn't a proper noun. :P

So STFU mate.

And i was helping you anyway, just pointing you in the right sirection, due to the fact you seem to be ignorant to the fact these people are giving you a simple response to a question that you would rather made a bigger impact, but it didn't.

x

MrLlamaLlama

Oooops, edit: :pissedred: <--- HALO 16 having a bitch-fit.... LOL @ U

last time i checked i was male so FU

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...