Metal Gear Solid Discussion

TM™

Well, I thought of making this topic up since the upcoming game, MGS4: Guns Of Patriot is already out. As well you can also chat about the other games in general as well.

To members who haven't actually seen this game, here are some video's of it:

Metal Gear Solid 1

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of Patriot

Discuss...

Well, I thought of making this topic up since the upcoming game, MGS4: Guns Of Patriot is already out. As well you can also chat about the other games in general as well.

To members who haven't actually seen this game, here are some video's of it:

Metal Gear Solid 1

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of Patriot

Discuss...

(Not mgs4) wot is ur fav mgs?

Ahh yeah great topic man, I'm a big fan of MGS, oh yeah. My favourite is MGS, the most classical one you know, and also, Twin Snakes was awesome, to re-live everything in MGS but in greater feel and graphics and everything was a pleasant surprise, one of the best games for GameCube. And yeah man, I'm really looking forward to play MGS4: Guns of the Patriots on the PS3, as you already know there's been some rumors it's also coming out on the Xbox 360 but according to Konami they have no plans to release it on the Xbox 360, I'm glad it stays PS3 exclusive so far.

Oh yeah man, here's a video of Twin Snakes:

Oh yeah, it's going to be fantastic, you can tell that just by looking at the trailers. :) Hideo Kojima have so much more freedom now when they're working with the PS3 system, allowing him to do more with the MGS-series. Currently release date is Q4 this year you know. Anyway man, speaking of MGS, have you tried any of the PSP-versions? MGS Acid, MGS Acid 2 and Portable Ops? Heard Portable Ops is great man, here's a video of Portable Ops:

Yeah man, the trailer is great. Portable Ops is one of big reasons why I'm getting a PSP, and the online play seems great you know. And yeah man, I've heard about the cards, to me it sounds a little bit boring you know, Acid 1 and 2 doesn't really appeal to me that much you know.

It neatly connects the story between Snake Eater as well. I love MGS, I bought it when it came out about 8 or 9 years ago. When I put the disc back in the ps2 and started to play it for the first time in almost 4 years, I still remember every detail in the cut-scenes - how they speak, the music, everything :) MGS is undoubtedly my favourite in the series, it has the most memories.

The best thing about meatl gear solid, in my opinion, is that konami have pefectly balanced such a richly fantastic gameplay experience, that's in - depth, requires genuine skill, and destroys any competitors in this genre, whith a storyline that's immersive, accurate between games and overall, a bloody good plot.

This is why MGS is pure genius.

oncwe i saw something in a magazine, outlining allt he relationships betwwen the MGS characters. (lots of lines everywhere) - but interesting nonetheless for a fan such as myself.

EDIT: faviroute was sons of liberty, WTF with the little bug things though?

Edited by MrLlamaLlama