Xbox 360 Elite Spied Photos

GTAPlayer

Alright man, I'm sure many of you already know that there's coming a new Xbox 360, ok not new but upgraded Xbox 360 which is going to be called "Xbox 360 Elite". So what's new about this one? Well it will feature a 120 GB HD, have HDMI input, the case and everything will all be in black color, it will also run cooler than the regular Xbox 360s, althought it's not yet confirmed if it's going to have the new 65nm processor, but hopefully it will. And many have been talking about an internal HD-DVD player, but that's unfortunely not going to happen. And the Xbox 360 Elite will also be limited. Anyway man, someone has managed to get some screenshots of the new Xbox 360 Elite in production, looks pretty damn good to me, take a look at this website --> Xbox 360 Elite Spied Photos.

Edit (March 28, 2007): It's official, Microsoft announced today that the Xbox 360 Elite will come shipping with a 120 GB HDD, HDMI input, HDMI cable, Xbox LIVE Headset and a wireless controller on April 29th US, and it's all going to be in black color. The price will land on $479.99 US. Unfortunely it's not going to be built on 65nm CPUs and no mention about the IPTV-feature and no WiFi. Also, the Xbox 360 Elite will not be limited, but it's going to be treated as another SKU. For more information check out this website --> Xbox 360 Elite <-- Also, check out these live hands-on pics of Xbox 360 Elite.

Well it sounds pretty good, but I was really hoping for 65nm CPUs.

xbox360elite3.jpg

Edited by GTAPlayer

Yeah man, it must feel pretty damn low when you already have one.

Edit: It's official, Microsoft announced today that the Xbox 360 Elite will come shipping with a 120 GB HDD, HDMI input, HDMI cable, Xbox LIVE Headset and a wireless controller on April 29th US, and it's all going to be in black color. The price will land on $479.99 US. Unfortunely it's not going to be built on 65nm CPUs and no mention about the IPTV-feature and no WiFi. Also, the Xbox 360 Elite will not be limited, but it's going to be treated as another SKU. For more information check out this website --> Xbox 360 Elite <--

Well it sounds pretty good, but I was really hoping for 65nm CPUs.

Edited by GTAPlayer

i think its sortof a waste. so many people already HAVE the old 360, dont need a new one, and dont wanna pay extra money, or sell there old one for less than the new one, and if i would buy a 360 i would buy an old one. but i wont. becuase im buying a ps3.

i like runon sentences.

Okay, can you tell meh when you say no wifi then there's no online multiplayer? And will I be able to still use like the racing wheel and stuff that only could be used for the $600 360?

edit:BTW, is it a better 360 overall then the $600 version?

To answer your first question, ofcourse there is going to be multiplayer! If they took that out it would just be stupid. I'm not familiar with all these terms but I think Wi-Fi means a wireless connection and most people use their Ethernet cable these days. This quote taken from the link GTAPlayer proves it:

"it still doesn't have integrated WiFi (Xbox said it's because a study showed the majority of their customers use Ethernet to connect -- huh?)"

My opinion about all this is I'm a definately going to buy this in the Summer I'm guessing (or an early birthday present). Can't make enough money by April and since it's going to be around forever I don't have to worry about time. Some new features look good, I like the new black colour look (just like the original), 120gb looks awesome as well. Can't wait to finally get a 360! An upgraded one too! :D

Edited by Artur

Aww that sucks then but yeah I'll check on the official website and find out. Probably true though, except it would be kinda weird cause the Elite is permanent so if the ones after 100 000 are in normal colour the only changes would be the 120gb and something about wires, HD and other stuff. I'll check it out now.

Edit: Ok I just checked the official site and it has this whole section for the Elite with a picture of a black one in the back. In the description of the "new features and accesories" they are described with black like the controller, console and stuff. Doesn't say anything about first 100 000 being in black so yeah I'll keep looking though. Tell me if you find anything. Here's the link to the section I was looking at though:

http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/hardware/xbox360elite/default.htm

Edited by Artur

I don't think they will have the 100 000 first Xbox 360 Elite in black, nah, I mean, come on man, wouldn't it then be pretty damn stupid selling add ons in black? The Xbox 360 Elite will probably stay in that color. Anyway man, I think Microsoft has f***ed up big time, really. They soon now have like, what, 3 different console versions? And poor suckers who has already bought an Xbox 360, of course ppl get mad at them. And still no hardware changes on the Xbox 360 Elite, same disc drive and processor. Nah so no fckn way I'm getting an Xbox 360, even if they have a lot of good games I'm still not interesting you know.