Children Reading 'gay' fairy tales

Malibu

Before I start, I would just like to say that I am not against gay rights or anything like that, but I believe that what is currently going on in England is wrong.

Children in primary schools are being made to read books where a Prince rejects princess after princess before faling in love with another man and living happily ever after. Many people over here believe that this will have a hage psycological effect on children. This was supposedly planned by the government so kids would not form bad opinions about homosexuals and ridicule them when they are older, which I am against, but this is wrong. There is no point in confusing 4 year olds like that.

What are your views?

Then they shouldn't be reading about a prince & princess fairytales either...? They shoudn't be confused, the whole point the English government is trying to make is that there's absolutely no difference between same sex and different sex couples. They would like to end discrimination against gay people, which I think is a great idea. Well, that's my opinion. :)

Before I start, I would just like to say that I am not against gay rights or anything like that, but I believe that what is currently going on in England is wrong.

Children in primary schools are being made to read books where a Prince rejects princess after princess before faling in love with another man and living happily ever after. Many people over here believe that this will have a hage psycological effect on children. This was supposedly planned by the government so kids would not form bad opinions about homosexuals and ridicule them when they are older, which I am against, but this is wrong. There is no point in confusing 4 year olds like that.

What are your views?

Confusing? LMAO.

I see what you are saying, but these are 4 year old kids for god sake, they don't need to know at such a young age

Then why learn your "regular" thing at a young age. So it's different, whatever. BTW I'm not with or against gays. Not like they go into the sex parts or anything.

Dude... this IS wrong. Prince+princess isnt wrong because even a 2 year old kid sees mommy and daddy and understands that this is how things work, and he has no questions about it. How the hell he can grasp prince +prince living happily ever after? When he will get older (meaning puberty) he will find out by himself about gay people etc. Im not agains gay people but there is no use of confusing little kids.

Yeah I agree with most other people. This is weird, confusing and "bad" for the 4 year olds. The government in England shouldn't impose homosexuality onto 4 year olds, that's just stupid, they will find out about it later in there life (not when they are just beginning it). Many people accept homosexuality around the world and they were not raised and read books like this during kindergarten, school or whatever. I am also against this and I think they should stick to what everyone has being doing for the longest time.

Edited by Artur

its a f***ing diabolical move by the shittest government in the world, and will more than likely turn 1 or 2 of them gay. They should be sticking to the basics, not messing up 4 year olds minds... As Artur said, they'll learn about this in years to come, not at 4 years old.

Fairy tales are ok. Boosts a kids imagination to.

Oh well, you can't change someones sexuality by reading them Gay books. Who cares if it does anyway, and maybe it will teach people not to discriminate against gays.

Ever heared of being influenced? If all your friends are on drugs, it's more then lickely that you will try it to.

If a small child will have gay stuff in fairy tales they will think it's normal, when gay is NOT normal. I don't mean this in a anti-gay way. But a 'normal' person is not gay. By nature you're suppossed to be attracted to the opposite sex.

it may change a select few, but when they change there goin to be happy or they wouldn't chare would they? so who cares...

Cause they wouldn't be how humans are intended to be. It's like thinking killing is normal cause your dad is a terrorist.

Exactly! If this guy is sugesting that straight kids can kiss other straight kids of the same sex and say 'who cares' then I think we have a problem, the system is fine as it is. Yes, gays are discriminated against and it is wrong, but gays will always be discriminated against, no matter what.

Surely discriminating is bad. But people should remember that being gay isn't actually normal, it's different from what nature(or god if you have a religion) intended us and all animals to be. What if suddenly everyone was gay and would refuse to 'make love' with the opposite sex. We would die.. Has nothing to do with this, but just to show that we are actually suppossed to be straight. Also I think straight people don't have to feel anything for the same sex, when gay people probably still have something for the opposite sex. Out of instinct or something.