GTA IV Trailer, Not Teaser

Chris

A lot of the discussion revolving around news of the trailer we posted about earlier this month was about whether or not this would be a short teaser, or a full length trailer. An article on GamesRadar has removed our collective worries with word from Rockstar that we will indeed have a proper trailer. The article itself has GR's thoughts on the Top 7 Things GTA IV Needs, however the part you're most interested in is the following.

The official trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV is only a few days away as of this writing, and publisher Rockstar has promised that it won't just be some infuriatingly quick teaser. Instead, it'll offer up the first substantial look into what the game is all about, and internet speculation over what that might be has kicked the rumor mill into high gear.

Great news for everyone who is anticipating tomorrow's release.

From past experience, most notably with San Andreas trailer releases, we've found that due to the sheer popularity of the game, and the fact that every GTA fan site, every gaming site on the planet is so hyped up about this, the official site will get so much linkage it is highly likely it will go down pretty quickly, or at least be excruciatingly slow loading. Within minutes of the trailer's release we should have both hi-res and low-res (assuming that's what we're getting) versions of the trailer mirrored here on our temporary trailers page. Our server should grab it quickly enough to allow us to do this, so those of you who do have trouble accessing the site won't be left out.

We'll also be analysing the trailer very carefully and posting about every important detail we can grasp from it, as well as any interesting screen caps we can get from it.

QUOTE(QuickDeath @ Mar 28 2007, 04:50 PM) *

I wonder if it will be downloadable...

You can download wmv and mov files. Easier if you have a direct link which you can just Right click... Save As...

I'll provide those when the trailer is released.

Or, if you have Firefox you can go to the Firefox add-ons page (should be in one of the bookmark folders) then you can download a program called video downloader where you can download Youtube videos, Google videos and supposedly the one of GTA IV.

Here is the link for the video downloader https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390.

NOTE: I believe that this does not work with internet explorer but only with Firefox, you can download Firefox from here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Obviously since it's a Firefox Extension. I actually have that installed and have been using it for quite some time too, I should have linked to it myself in my post.

On a sidenote, the trailers and screenshots pages have been prepared. Hopefully we'll get some nice high definition screens tomorrow as well.

QUOTE(QuickDeath @ Mar 28 2007, 04:50 PM) *

I wonder if it will be downloadable...

You can download wmv and mov files. Easier if you have a direct link which you can just Right click... Save As...

I'll provide those when the trailer is released.

Or, if you have Firefox you can go to the Firefox add-ons page (should be in one of the bookmark folders) then you can download a program called video downloader where you can download Youtube videos, Google videos and supposedly the one of GTA IV.

Here is the link for the video downloader https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390.

NOTE: I believe that this does not work with internet explorer but only with Firefox, you can download Firefox from here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

im not a retard i use it too, but there are some websites where it doesent work, so what if doesent work this time? But i think it will be downloadable, its in R* interest that more people see it.

I just so happen to like the "Gangsta" Gta. It's was way more interesting than boring Tommy Vercetti (sp?). Hell, give us a redneck based game, that'll be interesting. Either that or give us a game where you play a child and as he gets older he kills and fights etc... That'd be cool. Working our way up from kindergarten haha. I don't care what race or color he is. It'd be neat to see a chinaman though as the main character :).

Really good news that it's not a teaser because I hate those. Can't wait it's coming so soon! :) By the way Nate, what's Xbox 360 Elite? Meh, I'll just look it up in Wikipedia lmao. :P

Edit: Just went to Wikipedia, looks pretty awesome, I'm probably gonna get that too. It got announced officially yesterday too. :D

Edited by Artur