GTA IV Trailer

Gerard

The GTA IV trailer is at: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/index2.html. The Rockstar server went down around about the time the countdown reached zero, so you may still have problems viewing the trailer. There are some screenshots and alternative links to the trailer.

Here are the main points we can learn from the trailer:

• Set in modern-day Liberty City (based on New York) - there is a Liberty Tree billboard to prove this
  • Non-American character - eastern European accent
  • Immense graphics - millions of times better than the cartoony GTA3/VC/SA
  • Realistic sky, realistic birds, much better quality cars
  • Decent smoke and other particle effects
  • Moving billboards - one advert for KRONOS watches, but all others look fake (Max Renda, Cluckin' Bell)
  • Awesome sky effects with moving shadows

BUT.. is this just the first of several trailers? Will we see another trailer for the next city soon?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GTA IV trailer is at: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/index2.html. The Rockstar server went down around about the time the countdown reached zero, so you may still have problems viewing the trailer. There are some screenshots and alternative links to the trailer.

Here are the main points we can learn from the trailer:

• Set in modern-day Liberty City (based on New York) - there is a Liberty Tree billboard to prove this
  • Non-American character - eastern European accent
  • Immense graphics - millions of times better than the cartoony GTA3/VC/SA
  • Realistic sky, realistic birds, much better quality cars
  • Decent smoke and other particle effects
  • Moving billboards - one advert for KRONOS watches, but all others look fake (Max Renda, Cluckin' Bell)
  • Awesome sky effects with moving shadows

Hells yeah! Here are some screenshots in beautiful 720p!

If Chris wouldn't mind putting these unwatermarked beauties on the main site...

gta4s1.jpg

gta4s2.jpg

gta4s3.jpg

gta4s4.jpg

gta4s5.jpg

gta4s6.jpg

gta4s7.jpg

gta4s8.jpg

I know they break the page, but it's worth it!1111

Also, Rockstar never said once that is was going to be London based. That was a rumor. I think it's a fair compromise, an American location and a non-American main character

After I watched the trailer, I began to think about Upstate Liberty, the portion of Liberty that was closed off in Shoreside Vale. I believe that Upstate Liberty will be open for use to travel to where it'll be an entirely new addition to the map. This is where we will see the Statue of Liberty that was in the trailer along with other locations seen in the trailer that we've never seen in Liberty before. I would like to hear all your thoughts on Upstate Liberty finally being accessible.

I reckon this isnt all of the game i ekon that like the first GTA there will be more than one charater and more tham one city. Like maybe Vice City

and the whole of San Andreas will turn up all new and shiny and all improved as ou can ee this Liberty City is more like new york than the originals

Edited by Busby

After I watched the trailer, I began to think about Upstate Liberty, the portion of Liberty that was closed off in Shoreside Vale. I believe that Upstate Liberty will be open for use to travel to where it'll be an entirely new addition to the map. This is where we will see the Statue of Liberty that was in the trailer along with other locations seen in the trailer that we've never seen in Liberty before. I would like to hear all your thoughts on Upstate Liberty finally being accessible.

I just think they modded out Liberty City, they will probably say something like Liberty City became much bigger between 2001 and my gess 2007.

Edited by King 2003

Well as I was discussing this with Cubanwhip on MSN. We got a thinking that maybe we'll just start out in Liberty City, much like people do when they come to america, start out in New York City. After that I think there is a possibility that we'll visit the older locations as well as new locations such as Upstate Liberty.

Then why was there a bunch of Liberty City advertising like Liberty Tree OGM? I think they just redesigned out Liberty City.

"After that I think there is a possibility that we'll visit the older locations as well as new locations such as Upstate Liberty. "

Never said I was certain. I deffinetly think we'll be seeing Upstate Liberty for the first time.

MY god, I think I creamed in my pants watching that trailer! I did a terrible thing tho.....I was playing the guitar and completely forgot about it, only just seen it!!! That's just, so wrong, god! Well, anyway, at least I had no trouble accessing it........guys, seriously, it looks so awesome!

I can't believe it's a russian dude, I put that as an option on a character poll if anyone remembers that, it seemed popular and I had no idea it would actually happen! And I am so glad it's back in NYC. I mean really, NYC is massive, absolutely huge, and if they cram all that in GTA, I'd be happy with that being the entire location....if they make it anywhere near life-size, it'll be epic.

Well done Rockstar.....now give us another trailer! We're hungry! It's like waving a steak in front of a pack of hungry wolves!

Im totaly blown away from the setting gta4 is. I would never of thought Liberty City. Its amazing how much it looks like new york city and im hyped about that because i live in nyc.... its like bein home...lol...I believe it the game is gonna have more then one city and since the character is eastern Europen. We might see some of easter Europe as one of the cities.