GTA IV Trailer

Gerard

If you look at the 39th second of the trailer, you can see "Liberty City" written on the ship, bottom left hand corner of the screen. Just thought I'd point that out, to lock in that it's Liberty City

People have said that a bit now...

But ya, I'm sure a couple more trailers are gonna be comin out considering seven months til' we play it. But not like Halo many trailers and then find the game isn't so great.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I watched it like almost 4 hours ago and it was awesome! A tiny bit disappointed that it is still in Liberty City but the fact that they totally re-designed it makes up for it! :D I think it's awesome that the main character is Russian because I am too (well not completely Russian, but I speak Russian and I'm a bit Ukranian). I guessed that the protagonist was going to be Russian too lmao. The graphics look amazing, I saw a roller coaster that is call Screamer so that looks fun. I hope the map is really, really huge, like OGTAM said with the Upstate Liberty thing.

Yeah I know it said Screamer. But anyways yeah the graphics will probably be a bit worse and when I say "bit" I bet it won't be much worse. The cutscenes will be amazing then! To find out the gameplay graphics I guess we'll just have to wait for gameplay footage which will be sweet! :D

In another topic, someone said that Rockstar themselves said that those were the in game graphics. I'm just wondering if they'll have swimming in the game seeing as the water is so much more realistic...just can't really imagine swimming in a GTA game with water that realistic.

wow i jst a bout crapped my pants, wait no i did! lol that wasnt quite fresh but yaknow! gtaiv awsome i was kinda weary of the fact that it was liberty city cause i got sick of liberty city stories fastbut i reckon they will pull it off. and the place which i think is meant to be times square it had a bill board saying "americas next top hooker" they havnt lost their sense of humor. i reckon it will rock

i just came home from school,and watched it,IT WAS AWESOME, I CANT WAIT!!!! ,liberty redesigned,thats awesome,i just hope its bigger though..

In another topic, someone said that Rockstar themselves said that those were the in game graphics. I'm just wondering if they'll have swimming in the game seeing as the water is so much more realistic...just can't really imagine swimming in a GTA game with water that realistic.

have you seen saints rows water,it was similar to the water in the trailer,so u should be able to swim in IV...

Edited by rav0001

My thoughts so far... It's fckn amazing! The city looks so damn realistic, the shadows and everything, huge difference from the past GTAs. And the fact that it's going to take place in Liberty City again, well I think it's great man, I was kinda expecting something like this you know, and personally I really like cold and gloomy places you know. And the character, seems really great man, I like the way he talks with his eastern european accent and all. Oh man... That trailer was unbelievable amazing, I can't describe it man, it's feelings, passion and everything you know. I'm really looking forward to play GTA IV, now I'm so damn exicted. R*, Thank you so much!

a thought i had last night....what if rockstar could be tricking us and that russian uy maybe the bad guy we have to deal with and hes here to take over (he said thiings will be different maybe something happend in his country so he escaped to NYC(Lc) and wants to start something to get his rep up and starts a mob..and we have to take them out say like if we are a cop who breaks all the rules has a shitty life and what not and his mission is to stop his crimes with him and his mob.i dunno bout my story but maybe they may possibly be tricking us.i dont know what you think????

by the way im static about it being in a REALISTIC map of NYC (((nyc is only few miles away from me)) =] ..i could see the 5 burroughs in here...brooklyn(i saw the brooklyn bridge)queens((queens burrough bridge),,,maybe staten or staunton island ,,harlem is gunna be cool lol crime city..you have to alread know ((i hope)) theres expanison to the already huge map we are gunna have in just manhatten alone..the brdiges were our clues,,so quest is..burroughs or other cities???...........possibly vice city map added,,,san andreas? who knows i hope its something different

what i would name this game...... GTA:STATE OF EMPIRE

could that possibly be a dog in the front seat of the blue car??? i zoomed in to wear the quality was bad and i saw the head if you look at it ((closely)) you see the dog looking at the driver or its just a guy fixing the mirror

so what you think?

Good job R* but you ran out of ideas when you made the main-cahracter `cuz he pure an simply just sucks.He`s too fat/old.

i hope it isnt the russian who is the guy u play as.....your right too old,russian accent(annoying),doesnt feel like a live character like vercetti,cj (kinda).....maybe hes just the guy we assasinate at the end//gu we work for..read what else i said to explain what i mean

Good job R* but you ran out of ideas when you made the main-cahracter `cuz he pure an simply just sucks.He`s too fat/old.

i hope it isnt the russian who is the guy u play as.....your right too old,russian accent(annoying),doesnt feel like a live character like vercetti,cj (kinda).....maybe hes just the guy we assasinate at the end//gu we work for..read what else i said to explain what i mean

by the way the trailer was ruined when the russian spoke lol IMO...but im hoping thats not the main guy we have to be..

What's wrong in playing as a Russian.... nothing wrong with the accent.. Anyways, I was a little bit disappointed.. really expected alot from R* this time but it's kind of stupid going back to the same city.. and doing the same stuff only on better graphics. Sure graphics are a major + .. but afterall, what's graphics when the gameplay/story is going to feel repetitive..

Or maybe I'm thinking too much.. that's why I'm going to wait till the second (and hopefully more) trailers to come

^

I think you all have to deal with it that it's going to be the main character. IMO he seems great man, R* has done great so far, more than great, amazing, nah I can't describe it, just awesome, love the trailer, thanks R*.

Edit: Some people may feel that it's going to feel repetitive and all, but just wait, when GTA IV is out, we will love it, every part of Liberty City, everything, it's going to be great.

Edited by GTAPlayer

I agree with you and I hope that guys is a relative or something to the real main character.Anything but not this guy, I like his accent but his face scares me(has a 10 inches nose).

I don`t see him riding a bike/skate-board/doing stunts at that age(40-50) and weight(80-90 kilograms).

Other than the russian that might be the main character everything is grade A+ for GTA 4.

I really do need to get a X-box 360 because that trailer was awesome. The way i found out it was liberty was the "Liberteen" sign

yea there are alot of liberty city signs in the trailer ..maybe also the things will be different slogan is just a reanimated realistice ny version of liberty city and im sur it wil be alot difeerent did you guys see the map in the trailer it looks a whole lot bigger then gta 3 map i cant be pretty sure it will be bigger then san andreas(i hope)..i mean guys manhatten is huge trust me(live few miles from it)) and u know those bridges gotta go somewhere ..right??? and there is like 4-6 bridges or so connecting to manhatten..and in the trailer the brookyn bridge and queens burrough bride was in there so im sure rockstar wouldt put the bridges in the game and when you play and go over it it will be NO DEAD END..so im sure theres so muchh to this game that we just have to wait and see what happs. next

like what the guy ^^^^ saud i hope the guy in the trailer is like setiitng up like some build for his son or something((main charecther we will be hopefully)))))..sayin he made all those mistakes abd maybe he came to america to give his son a better life but thewn finds his way into crime(inthe lovely city of NEW YORK aka LIBERTY CITY))....so om praying its like a setup for him just wanting a better life for his son or w/e and then wounds up into crime anyway..IMO WOULD BE COOL i dont want to be some old guy riding a bicycle like what he said up there^^i totally agree........and agian i guess we will just have to wait and see ..SORRY BOUT spamming the board i just have a habit of gettin new ideas.