New Protagonist

Artur

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what would you want to be in real life? The boss or the right hand man? Being the don/boss would be better because you have more control and power (not game play wise but storyline wise). I also think it adds on to the story of how you go from the bottom to the top. Even though I agree the "rags to riches" storyline is getting old. I can't think of anything else R* would do though. ;)

Instead of rag to riches he could just stay the same and destroy all gangs in Liberty. By staying the same I mean he could be a bit like Claud except buy businesses using cash which he will have to earn via side missions and storyline missions. And plus I think the properties in GTAIV should be mroe expensive.

Niko Bellic would look really cool in a Soviet Officer's outfit, they should put in an unlockable Soviet military outfit in the game that you would get after doing missions for someone like an ex-Soviet colonel or something.

Oh yea, and Niko kinda reminds me of the revolutionary you play as in the game "Republic: The Revolution" except the facial hair is a little different (the Revolutionary has more of a Van Dyke beard)

Edited by DrSil

Heh, good point Alistair but it's still be cool to see him in one. :) Well now that I've found out that his name is Niko Bellic it's pretty cool because we don't have to refer to him as "the new protagonist" anymore. I'm not sure but I think I had an theory (that I may have posted in here) that Niko was dragged to Liberty by an old friend of his. The fact is that his cousin Roman pulled him in with lies of a paradise life. Sounds like an interesting storyline. I am going to check ouT the scans of the GameInformer magazine for more info. :D

Heh, good point Alistair but it's still be cool to see him in one. :) Well now that I've found out that his name is Niko Bellic it's pretty cool because we don't have to refer to him as "the new protagonist" anymore. I'm not sure but I think I had an theory (that I may have posted in here) that Niko was dragged to Liberty by an old friend of his. The fact is that his cousin Roman pulled him in with lies of a paradise life. Sounds like an interesting storyline. I am going to check ouT the scans of the GameInformer magazine for more info. :D

This was sort of based on a film aswell I have seen. I can't remember tha name of the people or the film, but it was a person who was asked by his friend to come to America and the person thought his friend had it all but he didn't.

I think his underbite is annoying looking. He also has really dark eyes that look pretty wierd. GIVE THEM MORE HUE! i also dont like his pre-balding hair that looks like hes trying not to look that way (long front hair, short back).

But if they just minorly change the model bone structure, give him a little makup and give us the option to get different hairstyles im pretty excited about a totally new character. Russian(or whatever euro he is) and mean.

Well I can assure you that it's not going for a gangsta style like SA had. This time GTA IV is taking place in Liberty City, based off New York, and it's taking place in present time and all. GTA IV is probably going to more mob-oriented or something, but of course we might see some gangs, but no gangsta/rap style... Or whatever you call it, we have already passed that time, that was before.

Of course there will be street gangs and most probably some "gangsta" type ones as well. Since R* is taking quite a realistic approach to GTA IV and even though I do not live in NY (never have even been there) but I'm almost positive there's is some "gangsta" gangs. Sure they won't be a big part of the game but nevertheless it will be realistic and fun to beat the crap out of them for those who hate 'em. :P As for Niko's gang, a lot of forum members are agreeing that he's is most likely Croatian and if not Russian definitely. Either one, I'm excited as hell to find out about Croatians gangs or the Russian Mafia would be great as well. If he's not either of those, I'm still interested about new gangs as well. :)

Yeah, and that's really gonna help in the game, can't count how many times I've been stuck in previous games when there was a ladder right in front of me and I had to take the long way. Anyways, does anyone have any ideas/theories of how he's going to end up at the end of them game? All rich and powerful ruling the city or just like a neutral ending like in VCS? If he makes it to the top I hope he will be ruling with a couple of allies from other gangs and such. Not too many though, like there would be Niko's gang and some other one that he would have an alliance with. R* has had creative storylines in the past and I'm sure this one will be too.