Vista

Stojko

Vista doesn't seem to be compatible with San Andreas. When I try to install it, it always gets stuck at Starting InstallShield Wizard and never goes any further. It drives me insane because I really love Grand Theft Auto and I want to be able to play it on my new laptop so bad. Going back or using XP is not an option.

Vista sucks. Period.

I've not tried installing GTA SA on Vista yet (I use dual boot) but already I've found so many programs don't work fully or at all. A lot of the problems should be fixed in the future as releases come out from M$ and the respective companies. I know GTA SA doesn't need to be installed to run, so if you can install a copy on a different pc then copy the installation directory across to your Vista pc that may work.

Well I think he tried but it never went past the installation process so I don't know what to do. Not much knowledge in the computer area but listen to Elite Smurf and chris82 they know what they're talking about. I was planning to get a new computer with Vista installed, why does it suck so much? Limited compatability with some programs?

Wow that's a lot, thanks Chris(82) I'll check it out now. :)

Edit: Looked over most of the stuff and even though I don't know a lot of stuff about computers it doesn't take a genius to know that Vista sucks. :lol: So what are you suggestions for me buying a new computer? Buy one with XP or wait until Vista somehow gets better?

Edited by Artur

I run Vista and I have had ZERO problems with it, and my Gta Sa, the one you can put the hot coffee mod into, the first edition I guess you call it, installs just fine and plays just fine. I put the disk in and installed just like it did on my pc running xp.

Message to anti-Vista over there: It's not that bad. Sure, some stuff won't work, but it's a new operating system and you have to give it time. It's not my fault my laptop came with it, and I doubt I'll be sending it back because it did.

What if I ran XP within VMWare or something? =/ Can I do that?

Depening on your system you can run dual boot. but that means you have to buy a copy of xp.

OffTopic: Does n e 1 know where I can get a vista theme for xp without windowblinds or any of that stuff? (i like the looks but i dont like n e thing else about vista :P)