Car Damage

DeAtH

I wouldn't like to loose health when I crash, Police chases would last about 2 mins.

Simple then, become a better driver avoiding crashes

You're right about that Cloud, but it would make you think twice before taking a wild chance when driving or something, but again, as you mentioned, the chases could be short-lasting.

It wouldn't make them short lasting it would make them more realistic. It would be long lastening if you were a good driver or had a steering wheel.

Haha yeah man, well I just know that I am a good driver and all :P But I'm just saying, it actually could make the car chases more short lasting. But I gotta say that it would be pretty neat... Anyone played Parallel Lines? Yeah you lost life when crashing into things, that made things of course more realistic, but really, in the long run it could be pretty damn annoying.

And breackable windows, I woud like after a crash my character to "fly" through his car`s window and than to "land" in another car from the traffic getting there through the window of the ped`s car.Wow that`s gonna be really cool if ever puted in GTA...

And yes Burnout has the best car-damage...

And yes I want to loose health while involved in a car crash...In Mafia was cool back in 2002, so why not for a 2007 game like GTA 4?

Edited by Gycu

Yeah man, losing health while crashing is not bad, not bad at all, but yeah... I don't know, either R* doesn't change anything because it has been working great so far, or they might change it now when everything is so freaking realistic. Ahaha you mean like Flatout eh? Yeah man, would be pretty damn funny.

Edit: Also, those things should be able to happen when you're not wearing any seatbelt, but come on... Seatbelts... Nah, that's too much.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Dmac_91:Yes that may happen especially if you go through the window and if you have 100 kmh :)

How about Toca 3, never played it but I`ve seen some cool and realistic car-damage from some pics/vids...That damage would look kool in GTA 4 bu I`m sure the damage will be UNIQUE.

Yeah man, I'm pretty damn sure the damage of the cars will be something great, new power, new possibilities, oh yeah man. Well about losing health while driving, well I don't know about that, but yeah, it would certainly add some excitement while driving, you'd be more careful, think twice before doing something crazy but also, there's the chance you get a little bit tired of it, missing feeling a little "invincible" in the car, if you know what I'm saying (and no I'm not talking about the hookers), so yeah man. But it really doesn't matter to me, it's really up to R*.

Edit: Parallel Lines had that kind of thing yeah man, I got a little bit tired of it but in meanwhile it created a little bit of excitement.

Edited by GTAPlayer

I don`t know about the weels but I don`t think they are falling in Toca 3

This just gave me a new idea:How about losing a wheel(two or maybe even three) if you smash you car badly ?Falling wheels is a must...

Didn't you just think this up?

And some cars do explode when you turn them upside down, as ive seen before on a video, this is after a while thought not straight away and only when the petrol gets ignited.

Hahaha, does nobody remember CHiPs?!?!?! In almost every episode a car would turn upside down and they'd have to run away before it blows up!

Ultra-reaslistic car damage would rule - yeah we all drive like idiots now at top speed hitting everything in our path, but that's only because you can get away with it! If they make it realistic, you'd just slow down, drive a little better - have none of you ever watched those "police chases" shows and wished you could have a go? Well that's what you'd be doing, because its rare they ever last that long and they only ever do when they aren't going quite that fast.

Hahaha, does nobody remember CHiPs?!?!?! In almost every episode a car would turn upside down and they'd have to run away before it blows up!

Ultra-reaslistic car damage would rule - yeah we all drive like idiots now at top speed hitting everything in our path, but that's only because you can get away with it! If they make it realistic, you'd just slow down, drive a little better - have none of you ever watched those "police chases" shows and wished you could have a go? Well that's what you'd be doing, because its rare they ever last that long and they only ever do when they aren't going quite that fast.

It's amusing out-smarting the pathetic pokice A.I., though. It's part of what makes GTA, GTA.... I don't want my car rendered unusable after smashing into a car.

It's amusing out-smarting the pathetic pokice A.I., though. It's part of what makes GTA, GTA.... I don't want my car rendered unusable after smashing into a car.

Well neither does anyone but Rockstar could put something in the cam like a thing that your car can never be damaged or blown up. Like that James Bond movie when they are tring to smash the windscreen but can't

If no one wants their car smashed up and instead want something that will make their car indestructible, why not just stick with the basic damage the game currently has? You're making no sense.

Maybe I didn't explain it very well. What I meant i that if they have petrol and things that slow you down in free roaming (know what I mean) , Rockstar could have an unlockable car that doesn't have to be refuled (presuming there is petrol) it can't be damaged and its fast and has good handling (perfect for free roaming).