NYC Politicians Outraged at GTA 4

Chris

well, actually, LC is a PARODY of NYC, legally you could sue a parody if they had crossed the line

in this case, the landmarks of NY has been used in LC explicitly

No, you can't sue for parodies. Parodies are actually protected under the law, I think. Look at Weird Al, that's ALL HE DOES, is parodies. And the landmarks aren't being used explicitly...... What's explicit about them?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww, geez, another lawsuit. take two company grown tired of this sh*t

i guess i'll pray for 'em so something bad wouldn't happen

GTA IV won't be set in NYC it will be set in Liberty City. What a bunch of Jackasses.

well, actually, LC is a PARODY of NYC, legally you could sue a parody if they had crossed the line

in this case, the landmarks of NY has been used in LC explicitly!

this is a crack of bullsh*t, they didn't sue true crime, why the hell they would sue GTA???

yeah, riiight, true crime was a cop stoory, how educating!!!!!!!!(sarcasm)

they can't sue because they don't use NYC as their name place. They uesd LC

thanks, gtasmodder

I think its ridiculous that they've already started a war against it, if they had their way they'd ban every one of the GTA games without knowing enough trueful information about it.

If they do ban it thet're gonna regret it once they play it

Um, they won't play it. They'd rather assume what it's like based on what their sister's neighbor's best friend's daughter had to say about the game when she bought it for her 10 year old. Go figure.

I think its ridiculous that they've already started a war against it, if they had their way they'd ban every one of the GTA games without knowing enough trueful information about it.

If they do ban it thet're gonna regret it once they play it

Um, they won't play it. They'd rather assume what it's like based on what their sister's neighbor's best friend's daughter had to say about the game when she bought it for her 10 year old. Go figure.

Yeah, they should test out the games before, pulling stuff out there arse, lets rebel.

It just frustrates me when they make assumptions on a mature game (that should only be sold to people 18 and over, by the way) that they haven't even sampled, and they want to get rid of it because it might 'damage' people, psychologically, like it did with Manhunt. Only lunatics go out and re-create a death they saw in a game because it looked good, not everybodys the same <_<

Edited by the bossman