do we want petrol in cars YES OR NO

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to swim to whole way back. Wouldn't it be cool if you could call a friend who could pick you up in those situations..
Wishlist Topic

In a wishlist you just say what you want, here you want that others reply to your thoughts ;)

And in the Wishlist Topic people don`t reply to your thoughts?So what`s the difference?

Or you were sarcastic...`cuz otherwise it doesn`t make no sense

Yes I want petrol in cars but this is a very old idea mentioned often in the Wishlist Topic so...

You'll have to swim to whole way back. Wouldn't it be cool if you could call a friend who could pick you up in those situations..
Wishlist Topic

In a wishlist you just say what you want, here you want that others reply to your thoughts ;)

And in the Wishlist Topic people don`t reply to your thoughts?So what`s the difference?

Yes I want petrol in cars but this is a very old idea mentioned often in the Wishlist Topic so...

I think it's better this way, makes the Forum look much more active which will make more people want to join. If all of wishes are cramped up in one Topic theres less topics in the GTA: IV section.

Also in the Wishlist Topic people talk about everything and not one particular thing. This is about talking about one particular thing.

Back on topic - I like that idea Death, would be very handy if you are nowhere near a Petrol station.

In general, post in the wishlist barley get commented on. Small idea's ought to be in the wishlist, but this is something people can think different about so a topic is ok.

And no fuel cans. That will make it a bit to much sims type. It's still GTA.

Yes dude make a poll

Ok Jace.But I recieved more replies in the wishlist than in the other topics like this ...

Plus isn`t bad for the server if there are too many topics?

It will calm down soon anyway. And trust me, I'm almost 100% sure Chris won't mind activity. It only means more topic being registered onto google and stuff so people searching for GTA IV will come to this site, making this site more popular. And it also adds content to the site and again, making it more popular.

Spaming will NOT make TGTAP more popular. But this is a discussion about some specific feature, isn't it. And if Chris or a mod does have a problem with this, I'm sure they would say so. Jared is quite active in the GTA IV forum and he's not complaning, so I guess it's ok.

And yeah, oil spills. If you have a really bad crash there should be a oil spill what can catch fire.

I am still dead-set AGAINST having to fill your car up. I'm sorry, but when I have 6 stars, 2 tanks, 3 swat trucks and an apache helicopter on my tail, I REALLY don't have the time to stop and fill up. And for those, "Well, maybe the gas can last a while" people, some of my pursuits can last hours at a time, literately. And if the gas lasts that long it has absolutely no purpose.

Throwing cars full of people into gas stations? You can do that in San Andreas, for the tanks still explode. You could also put gasoline tankers in the game without actually requiring you to fill your car up.

Personally, I get tired of filling up in real life, it's boring and tedious and RATHER bothersome. Why would I possibly want to do it in my favorite game to relax and play?

Id say yes!.

When you first shoot at the gas tank of a car it doesnt blow up.

It merely blows away the lid and starts leaking petrol.

Maybe even if you fire from the gas lid and down it will start leaking.. a few leaking holes would be nice.. now if you blow out a tire so it starts sliding and starts driving on the rims and sparks start flying.. you get the idea.. KABOOOM!

Cmon.. who drives the same car for 60 minutes??

Simply have speedometer and a tripcounter telling how far you have driven ( it was already in VC where there was a counter for travelling in various ways such as on foot and bikes and cars.

The longer you drive the more the gas goes down ( ofc the faster you go counts too )

Imagine doing cop missions ( like in SA)

Instead of having to pretty much blow up the villans car you pop the tires out the window or from the policebike then either somhow arrests the villan or pop a few holes in his gas tank and sets his car on fire in very short time.. mission complete.

Well I've always been against the petrol idea, so if you ask me, no petrol. I've also mentioned earlier that realistic is not always a better way, It's been working great so far, so why suddenly include petrol? Alright man, I understand some of you want this but I think it's better then as a mod for the PC-version.

• 2 years later...
Well the only thing it would be is realistic. It wouldn't really have any benefits so I say no, many people mentioned it in the wishlist though. But IMO it would be pointless.

It depends if the petrol lasted you 1 hour - real time, I can't see a problem maybe they could sort it like this

Excelent cars - Cheetah, Infernus last 35 minutes

Sentinel - last 45 minutes

Crappy cars last 60 minutes,

I don't think may people will drive a car for more than 35 minutes so it should be OK this way.

I like that idea. ;)

Thx but ifRockstar don't put this idea in I can see people getting sick of refilling there cars.

But if you put it in your safehouse, it gets automatically refueled as well as repaired.

And Jesus Playboy, huge fucking bump. This was a wishlist topic, pointless now because GTAIV is already out.

Edited by raybob95