do we want petrol in cars YES OR NO

what if we had petrol in the cars so if we took one and the police was after us we would run out wen u got into a car u would have a little thing on the right hand side ov the screen tellin us how much we had left what do u think YES OR NO

Edited by chrisrob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the only thing it would be is realistic. It wouldn't really have any benefits so I say no, many people mentioned it in the wishlist though. But IMO it would be pointless.

It depends if the petrol lasted you 1 hour - real time, I can't see a problem maybe they could sort it like this

Excelent cars - Cheetah, Infernus last 35 minutes

Sentinel - last 45 minutes

Crappy cars last 60 minutes,

I don't think may people will drive a car for more than 35 minutes so it should be OK this way.

Well the only thing it would be is realistic. It wouldn't really have any benefits so I say no, many people mentioned it in the wishlist though. But IMO it would be pointless.

It depends if the petrol lasted you 1 hour - real time, I can't see a problem maybe they could sort it like this

I don't think may people will drive a car for more than 35 minutes so it should be OK this way.

I like that idea. ;)

I like that idea. ;)

Thx but ifRockstar don't put this idea in I can see people getting sick of refilling there cars.

Yeah like I said earlier, this feature would only add more realism to GTA IV. A bit too much IMO, and yeah I would get quite annoyed if I had to refill the car every once in a while. And ps3 player whats the point off having the feature if like you said people won't even have the car for 35, 45, or 60 minutes. Good ideas though, just too much for me. ;)

Edited by Artur

you know what? this is one cool idea! it's not that i never thought of it, but i never mention it because i thought maybe petrol could be a little bit annoying

but it's very cool, we might have a gas station to fill up gas, and unless the gas leaked, the car couldn't blow up!

just like in real life... B)

Yeah that would be good, blowing up cars that have gas leaks.

yeah i think having petrol in it would be great like if they had it in GTA San andreas we couyld be in the m iddle of bone county and there will be a deserted petrol station with sky high prices and it would be awesome.

They could mention the rising oild prices and maybe missions involving going to Russia (Moscow) to steal some oil.

Hey man, to be honest I've never really liked the idea to have petrol that runs out. I mean, it's not GTA, sometimes it's better to leave things, trust me, realistic is not always a better option, and R* has to make sure they keep the real GTA-feel, know what I'm saying. Yeah man, and if you want petrol so bad, isn't it better then to wait for the PC-version and wait for a mod that makes you run out of petrol and all? So I wouldn't like it.

Hey man, to be honest I've never really liked the idea to have petrol that runs out. I mean, it's not GTA, sometimes it's better to leave things, trust me, realistic is not always a better option, and R* has to make sure they keep the real GTA-feel, know what I'm saying. Yeah man, and if you want petrol so bad, isn't it better then to wait for the PC-version and wait for a mod that makes you run out of petrol and all? So I wouldn't like it.

Why would petrol be a bad idea - if it lasted you for at least 35 minutes theres no realy problem there.

Well you said that most people don't keep their car for that long. I know I don't. And if the car was destroyed before the 35 minute time what would be the point of putting the feature in their in the first place?

Becuase thats if you have a full tank, but if your petrol is leaking and you have stolen a car with little petrol, you will eventually run out of fuel.

ps3 player, we all have our different opinions on something, and IMO I wouldn't like it. I think it has worked great the way it's been the last couple of years, I don't want to think about that my petrol can run out, really, and sooner or later you might get out of gas in a mission, yeah and I wouldn't like that either. Yeah man, it makes things more realistic and all, maybe it can makes things a little bit more fun sometimes, but in the long run, I don't see it as a good idea, so I wouldn't want it, it's as simple as that. But having a mod later is another thing of course.

What I meant by fun is that it's new to me, I'd like to see it for a short run, it would be maybe interesting in the beginning but in the long run I don't see it as a good idea, and yeah man, it's way too much realistic, as I've mentioned, sometimes it's better to leave things the way they are.

It would work if every new car you got in had a full petrol tank, but when you syart driving it it starts to go down. But I do have cars I like to drive all the time and have them in my Garage, so if you run out and your in the middle of New York with all the sky scrapers I doubt your going to find a petrol station.

Edited by Cloud'

What I meant by fun is that it's new to me, I'd like to see it for a short run, it would be maybe interesting in the beginning but in the long run I don't see it as a good idea, and yeah man, it's way too much realistic, as I've mentioned, sometimes it's better to leave things the way they are.

No sorry man I wasn't talking to you I was talking to ps3 player lmao. You just posted a bit befre me lol.

Hehe, alright Artur, no problems.

Yeah, I mean, alright let's say we have petrol in GTA IV, man just imagine you're wanted by the cops, you're somewhere where there are almost no cars in the area, oh yeah suddenly you see a car, and you take the car and then you realize, oh shit, no petrol... Hey cops, what's up, want any donuts? Know what I'm saying. So I mean, yeah not all cars will have full petrol. So IMO it would be just too much.

Yeah... Could also be a pain in the ass too you know. Could be pretty damn exciting in the beginning, there are much that can happen if all cars will run on petrol, but I don't see it as a good idea and I've explained why. Now a mod for the PC-version would be great.