News feed on your crimes

We all know that big TV in NY what has news and stuff.

Well what about actual news. No, not real world. But if you blow up a airplane, the news will actually be showing some weird footage somebody caught of the plane crash and/or blowing up.

Or if you get a 5 star wanted level you will be on that TV with a wanted level and pedestrians might try to attack you if they see you cause they want the reward.

Possible?

awesome idea, probably a little bit complex, but will work.

i think it's possible for consoles to have this feature, you thinking ps2 Jace, tihs is next-gen: Xbox 360, ps3 and shit

maybe add some tv news and you would be able to watch yourself in there :P

because i've seen where am i at the stats(the news rating) but i've never actually seen the character on those medias, not even the paper

and to think of it, paper news is good too, maybe we can watch ourselves on the papers?? since there is "liberty tree" on trailer :lol:

Excellent idea, I think it could go on the PS3 but not the 360.

In a way this is sort of already there when you do a mission, and you get into a car and on a radio the women reports about stuff that youve been doing during the mission. I think it would be a good idea if it was also incorporated in natural free roaming crime.

Probably only for PC though. Would be a bit difficult for a console and take lot's of HDD space. So as side option for PC.

I think they could include it in the Xbox 360/PS3 versions of the game too, it really wouldn't be all that hard. My guess is is that since the GTA games (and most games) use coordinates, it could find the coordinates of a big collision or whatever, store what exactly happened (like the replay feature on the Xbox/PC versions of the game) and then put it on the TV. It would really just be the replay feature in cinematic view.

Excellent idea, I think it could go on the PS3 but not the 360.

What, exactly, is the reasoning behind this? OMGZ, Bluray!? Yeah, except that the disks have almost nothing to do with this.

you thinking ps2 Jace

Could you point out where I said ps2? The 360 and ps3 are basically just weak computers.

People on a console might not want to waster their precious little HDD on this you know. 360 has 20 gig, total. An avarage PC has 320 gig.

Yeah, but it would only be temp. stored, it could delete it afterwards.

Jace, very very good idea.

Did anybody play 'Cobra 11: Nitro' ?

That recorded big events (crashes) from different camera angles and played them back to you after they happened. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be implemented in ALL platforms of GTA IV.

Edited by Alistair

Jace, very very good idea.

Did anybody play 'Cobra 11: Nitro' ?

That recorded big events (crashes) from different camera angles and played them back to you after they happened. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be implemented in ALL platforms of GTA IV.

I think it might not be able ot fit on the X Box 360, it will on the PS3 though.

PS3player, what did that have to do with alistair?

And fit on what? The HDD? The 360 elite has a bigger hardisk then the ps3 mate. 2 times bigger.

I really hate these fan boy stuff. Like I have said, the 360 still can load more textures. No matter how good the graphic card is and no matter how great the CPU is, if it doesn't even have a decent amount of RAM it's crap.

And to the one who asked about using RAM. You could if it's being 'broadcasted' the moment you are doing the action (although I think that's got to do with VRAM actually). But assuming it only get's 'aired' after your actions, saving it onto your HDD would be better so the RAM will be free for stuff like the textures and moddel data.

Wait wait...are you (Jace) saying that the xbox 360 elite will perform better and have better graphics becuase it has a bigger hard drive? What exactly is the difference? Thanks for clearing it up for me.

And I seriously doubt a tiny little clip is going to take up much HDD....they could just make it so that an xbox without any HDD doesn't have instant replays and news reports.

In all honesty tho, I think rockstar will fill the news reports with comical news, rockstar-style!