What Platform?

Cloud'

What Platform?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Platform will you be playing GTA: IV on?

• PS3
    • Xbox 360

Trust me man, the price could have been higher. I mean, you get all this technical shit, bluRay and all, know what I'm saying, and bluray's these days costs a fortune you know, so the PS3 system isn't expensive at all, but yeah man when looking at others view of this, of course it's expensive, but remember, PS3 is not really a console, in fact, the father of Playstation, Ken Kutaragi has mentioned earlier that you shouldn't call it a console, it's a computer, or something like that. So it's a pretty damn good price when you get all this stuff, but of course, we gotta be rational, the price is pretty damn expensive, but I will still call it a console, it depends on what you're going to use it for etc.

okay, i know that ps3 is online and all that, but do you have to buy a special modem for ps3, or we could use normal computer modem? i'm just curious

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't now it's to late. Maybe a Mod can?

You can, just use the full edit option on your first post.

@GTAplayer: Sony would have been even stupider then I thought if they would have raised the price. It basically is a weak computer. Infact it's even cheaper then a budget PC.

Just choose: or a good PC, or a console with Blu-Ray. Maybe your different, but I'd defo go for a PC. (Not that you can get a good PC for that price though..

According to you it's a computer. It that case it's about the worst computer of this time.. Really.

Edited by Jace

@GTAplayer: Sony would have been even stupider then I thought if they would have raised the price. It basically is a weak computer. Infact it's even cheaper then a budget PC.

Just choose: or a good PC, or a console with Blu-Ray. Maybe your different, but I'd defo go for a PC. (Not that you can get a good PC for that price though..

Yeah Jace, I gotta admit that was a little but stupid calling it a computer, simply, a weak computer is what it is, so looking for a computer, a good one of course, then you should as you mentioned, go for a good PC. Oh yeah man, ArtSweet, I think you don't need any specific modem for the PS3. The PS3 could have had a higher price, all this bluray shit and all is pretty damn new so yeah man, but raising the price wouldn't have been that good you know :P So I mean, Sony can't forget that they're actually selling a console, not a PC.

Paying that much more for not that much more Graphics is a waste.

It definetly would be if you have standard TV and not an LCD OR HD TV

According to you it's a computer. It that case it's about the worst computer of this time.. Really.

Though you are saying PS3 is expensive, Blu ray player cost £950, PS3 costs £425. It takes a genius to work out which they will buy.

Yeah Jace, I gotta admit that was a little but stupid calling it a computer, simply, a weak computer is what it is, so looking for a computer, a good one of course, then you should as you mentioned, go for a good PC. Oh yeah man, ArtSweet, I think you don't need any specific modem for the PS3. The PS3 could have had a higher price, all this bluray shit and all is pretty damn new so yeah man, but raising the price wouldn't have been that good you know :P So I mean, Sony can't forget that they're actually selling a console, not a PC.

They are losing £100 on each console sold in the UK so they could've raised the price but people in my school aren't getting one because of the games that are out. For example COD3 was on the PS2 and now PS3.

Though you are saying PS3 is expensive, Blu ray player cost £950, PS3 costs £425. It takes a genius to work out which they will buy.

They are losing £100 on each console sold in the UK so they could've raised the price but people in my school aren't getting one because of the games that are out. For example COD3 was on the PS2 and now PS3.

Yeah man, I completely understand that they lose money on each fckn console, I mean producing PS3s is pretty damn expensive, blu-ray and all. And of course, they could have had a higher price but they have to be rational you know, think about the ppl and all, you get more than you actually pay for but PS3 is a console, alright man a little bit more than a console but you have to keep rational prices on the console market.

STFU!

It's a effin console, the damn Blu-Ray can't be connected to your effin PC. God, you still don't get it, do you?

Do you really think they lose 100 pound per PS3? Unlickely, but still. Just give a source.

motivator5b4223c4f44d5e256969012f00.jpg

Before someone else jumps in, I think the 360 is better. Might not be as powerfull, but the end result is better. I has higher frame rates and better textures for almost all games.

And it will come for PC. Rockstar would be stupid if they wouldn't release it for PC. It will take about a year for the PC release though.. or 6 months.. can't remember :P

Well both consoles are pretty damn powerful you know and can achieve pretty damn much, and I have no idea about higher frame rates and better textures since I haven't played anything on those consoles. Oh yeah man, the PC-version will probably get released, but probably then in 2008.

Before someone else jumps in, I think the 360 is better. Might not be as powerfull, but the end result is better. I has higher frame rates and better textures for almost all games.

And it will come for PC. Rockstar would be stupid if they wouldn't release it for PC. It will take about a year for the PC release though.. or 6 months.. can't remember :P

Not from what I hear. Rockstar recieved virtually no money for the PC release of san andreas. For instance, one guy bought the game and made 20 copies of it and sold it to his friends on a lower price. I read on the website in a press statement or something that they lost so much money on the PC conversion and release that they weren't going to do it again.

7 posts in a row, f***ing hell...

Perhaps he didn't spam, maybe there were some kind of problems with his connection or something :P Yeah man, well, here's the facts;

GTA III released on PC May 2002, console version released October 2001.

Vice City released on PC May 2003, console version released October 2002.

San Andreas released on PC June 2005, console version released October 2004.

Both consoles have there ups and downs,its really dumb seeing people fight over witch console is better.For all we know Bill Gates and that guy that makes the PS3's are in the Cancun talking about how much money there making off of us.Im going with the 360,like I said we get gamer pics themes new DLC and unlockable gamer pics.On lauch day were getting new DLC that features hours of new gameplay.

Both consoles have there ups and downs,its really dumb seeing people fight over witch console is better.For all we know Bill Gates and that guy that makes the PS3's are in the Cancun talking about how much money there making off of us.Im going with the 360,like I said we get gamer pics themes new DLC and unlockable gamer pics.On lauch day were getting new DLC that features hours of new gameplay.

We aren't fighting about it. I just can't stand those (sony) fanboys.

We aren't fighting about it. I just can't stand those (sony) fanboys.

Yeah, I used to be one but I tried the Xbox and loved it. I still like Sony aswell though just wouldn't pay that much for a PS3.

Can you quote the official statement that said that?