Virus & malware on this site?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Image27427200.jpg has a CD000D52 (whatever code) infection, and that tree is a virus, its path is www.thegtaplace.com/gallery/27427200.jpg, hopefully you can get rid of this spam shit :bashhead:

plus i know this has nothing to do with gta, but its serious.

Edited by ermmm

Nice, I'm suddenly getting this to. Every time you open TGTAP main page. But only once, so if you lose a internet connection and then go back to the page you will get it. If you you go back without any losing connection won't get anything.

So I guess I'm stuck with some little prog on my PC that's doeing that. So exept for using FF, how can I get rid of that type of stuff?

BTW, the virus name is file[1].jpg

I never knew jpg's could be virusses.. Or is this just a normal file of TGTAP what somehow is being marked as virus?

No, they can mark files as viruses, like, if you save a audio file and save as, and type (NAME).duh, it would be recognised as a duh file but its really a wma, cuz the jpg does that.

I don't get it. How do you know you're being hacked.. Usually you don't notice that you know..

There are signs of being hacked, such as, your disk tray mysteriously opening, computer crawling like a snail, or a very known

VUNDO VIRUS

, witch drags it

I see this is becoming more widespread now... none of these files that everyone is reporting even exist, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Also, I'm on a Mac at the moment so nothing can actually affect me right now. I've tried Safari, Firefox, Camino, and Opera. I haven't had anything suspicious happen in any of the browsers.

On my Windows machine I've used Firefox, IE7, Opera and Netscape... again, no virus reports at all.

Anyway I've emailed Ron about this, see if he can get someone to check this out.

Maybe files on the server are infected.

PC cillin picks the virus up as EXPL_ANICMOO.GEN

The infected file is file[1].jpg

It always happens on the main page. Untill now it happend at no other site exept TGTAP and 1 other when my dad was browsing around in internet a little.

Apparently this virus is just over a week old, that might explain why it's only happening now.

PC-Cillin virus link

So it's animated cursor what takes advantage of a leak in XP and of what I could understand, makes other people able to control you computer.

Here's a patch released by MS. I didn't install it cause it says you should back everything up. Unfortunetly I don't have a back-up HDD and don't want to risk it

On max settings IE is extreemly secure. The bad thing is, it suddenly will block content of forums like the fast reply button.

I wish IE had the security of FF but nothing more then that. I don't like the FF interface, but if this continues I'll be forced to use it...

sweet, a 4-day bump.

its something weird in the site, i've seen some applications in the task manager everytime i enter this site, and i start hearing clicks

wtf.jpg

there are the 2 things, of all the applications i see, someone freakin fix this thing, and i got antivirus, AVG paid

Last time I heard ActiveX weren't executable files on your hard drive. They're downloaded remotely and then installed only if you allow it, further, they're exclusive to IE, so that's your own fault for choosing to use an insecure browser.

TGTAP is virus free. Please rid your PC's on this malware. Try some different ant-virus and anti-spyware programs.

ActiveX isn't something you uninstall - its just something that lets websites interact with your computer. When you go to the Windows Update website, that uses ActiveX to scan your computer. If you have Internet Explorer 7 (the new one) it doesn't let sites do anything unless you specifically let them by clicking on the flashing yellow bar at the top of the screen. With IE6, you can still edit the security settings yourself. Firefox can't use ActiveX at all.

I've actually gotten adware recently. I ran Ad-Aware 4 times and it removed over 400 items all together. STILL having the stupid pop-ups. I also ran Norton and AVG, which both found and got rid of something. I haven't the slightest what's going on. Funnily enough, it's "WinAntiVirus" that keeps popping up. Which is very similar to the adware we kept getting from the ads on both TGTAP and GTAWH((you guys had the same ads up)). Maybe that's happening again, possibly?