GTA IV to be moddible?

Moddiblity in GTA IV  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you reckon GTA IV to be moddible?

• Yes, GTA will be the easy to mod game that we are used to
    • Yes, but it won't be as easy as it used to be
    • No, I don't think an average modder could be able to mod GTA IV
  2. 2. Will the style of GTA (the files like the .txd's and the main.scm) have changed?

• Yes, a full new game with a full new approuch
    • No, Rockstar will keep it how it was. Why would they change it?
  3. 3. If possible, would you mod GTA?

• Yes, I'll mod it and make the game even better!
    • Yes, I hate the standard cars in GTA.
    • No, GTA IV has good graphics and moddels how it is.

The GTA series have always been easy to mod, that is in comparison to other games that don't have any to just a few mods availible.

Then San Andreas V2 game came. Not only was Hot Coffee taken out, the full ability of modding was taken way. Or at least attempted to block modding ability.

Now who reckons GTA IV will still be the easy to mod game that we all know? Will it have a modding 'security'? Or will most of the stuff be hardcoded into the game and will it not anymore use the easy .txd files?

Discuss it here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think it will be completely modable, but maybe only the "small" things, not the important ones that can destroy/ruin the game.So I don`t like modding...I just hope it won`t be modable or that there`s gonna be very few mods...why can`t you guys play the game without mods?It`s the original game, because of a mod you can make your game run no longer...

Even though GTA 4 will be completely moddabe I wont`t do it, I never mod a cool game like GTA...

I don`t think it will be completely modable, but maybe only the "small" things, not the important ones that can destroy/ruin the game.So I don`t like modding...I just hope it won`t be modable or that there`s gonna be very few mods...why can`t you guys play the game without mods?It`s the original game, because of a mod you can make your game run no longer...

Even though GTA 4 will be completely moddabe I wont`t do it, I never mod a cool game like GTA...

Because 90% of the reason of getting it on the PC is modding it. Why? Because altering games is fun. Not only is it fun, and makes your game a bit unique, but if you manually doing it, you get a better understanding of how games actually work.

Because 90% of the reason of getting it on the PC is modding it. Why? Because altering games is fun. Not only is it fun, and makes your game a bit unique, but if you manually doing it, you get a better understanding of how games actually work.

Some mods makes your game to have errors, after installing a mod it appeared an error so I had to unninstall the game and than re-install it.So no mods for me whatever the mods you`ll be able to do in GTA 4.

Some mods makes your game to have errors, after installing a mod it appeared an error so I had to unninstall the game and than re-install it.So no mods for me whatever the mods you`ll be able to do in GTA 4.

1. As stated, always back up before installing.

2. A LOT of the time the error is your fault, not the mods. Meaning, usually it's just installed wrong.

1. As stated, always back up before installing.

2. A LOT of the time the error is your fault, not the mods. Meaning, usually it's just installed wrong.

Yeah and how should I install it properly?It`s something special I have to do ?I don`t know anything but launching the Install button...Or with the Autoplay...

I was talking about installation man, you sad maybe it`s my fault and I haven`t proper installed the game this is why it makes the game run no longer... not the mods

hot coffee was one of the year 2005`s "mistakes", I`ve read a article about it...it was bad publicity for GTA, so R* shoud wory about mods like this and don`t let anyone mod GTA 4...

Edited by Gycu

Take my advice buy the console version complete the game and then when the pc version comes out buy it and mod it like there no tommrow.

You need to learn how to mod just download other peoples mods.

I don't completely agree with you there, since PS3 is really expensive, I think most people on the forum will buy it when it comes out for PC. So really getting GTA4 for PS3 would be a waste of time, and money. Buying it on PC would be better because you can actually mod it.

I was talking about installation man, you sad maybe it`s my fault and I haven`t proper installed the game this is why it makes the game run no longer... not the mods

hot coffee was one of the year 2005`s "mistakes", I`ve read a article about it...it was bad publicity for GTA, so R* shoud wory about mods like this and don`t let anyone mod GTA 4...

I said you probably didn't install the MOD correctly....

And Hot Coffee wasn't a mod, technically. It was already in the game. UNLOCKING it was a mod. It was only bad publicity to those who already hated GTA, or soccer-moms who would've hated the game regardless.

Take my advice buy the console version complete the game and then when the pc version comes out buy it and mod it like there no tommrow.

You need to learn how to mod just download other peoples mods.

If you mod, you are just using mods pre-made by other people. All you do is install it. Mod like there is no tommorow? I can't stand people who mod the game before they even started it once. Trust me, there are a lot of people who do that. Just check the help forum of San Andreas.

Modding cars is a lot of fun, well at least the cars that are done properly and actually fit into the game right (for example I hate all those boy-racer cars with stupid wings everywhere and the like), I'll take mostly normal cars and replace their GTA counterparts so it all looks nice, like as though it'd been done by Rockstar.

As for other mods, well extra map mods can be good (but sometimes stupid), and a few others are just a bit of realism.

So I agree with modding when only the good mods are used that fit into the game, those sorts of "uber-fun" and jazzed up crazy mods can go f*** themselves, but that's me and the point of modding is you can make the game what you want.

Modding before playing it? That means they just ain't interesting in the game, people should play and appreciate what Rockstar have created before tweaking it.

True. And it makes a statement. It says "I've accomplished something."

I know it will be different and textures won't be in the same format because of the new engine, but I will surely mod it!

BTW, Chris92, capitalizing off my name much? :P

True. And it makes a statement. It says "I've accomplished something."

I know it will be different and textures won't be in the same format because of the new engine, but I will surely mod it!

BTW, Chris92, capitalizing off my name much? :P

lol. i've been using this name for a year. we have similar names B)