XBox 360 price drop?

nigger101

guys, i don't know if this is offtopic and i'm sorry if it is, but did any of you know the differences between the 360 and the 360 elite??

is it the engine, the price, the capabilities, or maybe something else? i know that the elite will be better, but is it better than ps3?

i think the price will drop around mid-2007, you know, june to august

Edited by ArtSweet

Yeah man, this is a bit off-topic but yeah, I understand your curiosity and all.

The difference between the 360 and the 360 Elite isn't really much. Simply the major difference is that the Elite has a 120 GIG HDD and of course, everything is in black color, yeah man, that's it. There's no cooler processor (65nm) in the Elite-version. If you're seriously thinking about getting an Xbox 360, then go for Xbox 360 Elite. So yeah man, it's the same engine and all, except the color and the HDD, oh and I almost forgot the most important thing, it also has HDMI input, which the regular 360 version doesn't have, so going for the Elite-version today is a much smarter choice you know.

Yeah man, and you asked if the Elite is better than the PS3? Well, I can't really answer that, IMO there are better games on the 360 atm, but damn, there are coming some really hot games on the PS3 aswell, IMO the games is what makes a good console, not graphics power and all. Well as you know, PS3 is probably the most powerful console on the market, so technically speaking, it's one hell of a console that can deliver pretty damn much, but if you look at it as a computer, then it's a pretty weak one, but now we're not talking computers. Yeah the 360 is powerful too, both are. Anyway I'm going for a PS3 because... The games, I also wanna play GTA IV on the PS3, and IMO Microsoft hasn't really done that well with their consoles. But hey this is what I think... So it's really up to you. And yeah man, the price will probably have dropped a little bit in summer, oh yeah.

Well I can't see how PS3 is a waste of money, but I do understand how some ppl think you know, I mean, we got to be rational and all, it's pretty damn expensive for a console, but you get pretty damn much, and the reason why it's expensive? Exactly as Ken Kutaragi said "It's not just a gaming machine", so yeah man, personally all I want is gaming (althought I don't mind blu-ray and all), but PS3 seems pretty damn interesting and has some great games coming. But if you deep inside feel that you want a PS3, try to wait and all. Anyway man, if you're getting an Xbox 360 I think it's great you're going for Elite.

Edit: Also, check out my topic about Xbox 360 Elite in Gaming Chat, yeah man you'll find more information about the Elite in there.

Edited by GTAPlayer