"Things Will Be Different" Trailer Description

gtaivtrailerpy2.png

I found this the day after the trailer was released. I posted it on my site, but forgot to post it here. This is the description Rockstar Games gave Machinima.com when they submitted the trailer there.

"Grand theft Auto IV, the latest round in Rockstars GTA series has finally been revealed to the world. It looks like we are heading back to where it all started, Liberty City ... or are we? GTA is no stranger to surprises and you can be sure this one still has plenty of aces up it's sleeve. GTA IV is set for release this October only on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3"

This is what really got me thinking that it may not only be Liberty City...or maybe not even Liberty, but it's hard to think it isn't Liberty City after watching the trailer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I don't see anything to suggest that Rockstar themselves posted the video or made that comment.

Well since it was put onto Machinima.com at 6 PM on the release day, that shows it was given to them by Rockstar Games. If they go by the same rules as everyone else, they also submitted it days before to get it on at the time they wanted. If someone else submitted it, it wouldn't even be up yet.

First of all nice find,

I think there will be another city which will be Moscow or London, But in my opinion I think theres more chance of it being in Moscow (because of Charachter) than it is in London.

Now this might be going over the top, but would if it's Liberty City(including Upstate Liberty), Vice City, San Andreas, London and Moscow? How kick ass would that be. The map would be so f***ing big.

First of all nice find,

I think there will be another city which will be Moscow or London, But in my opinion I think theres more chance of it being in Moscow (because of Charachter) than it is in London.

Now this might be going over the top, but would if it's Liberty City(including Upstate Liberty), Vice City, San Andreas, London and Moscow? How kick ass would that be. The map would be so f***ing big.

I know, it would be good if they did a proper San Andreas and a proper Vice City which would be class.

OGTAM, if and that's IF you're right and rockstar did post this, then....my god, they really aren't kidding, there must be one hell of a lot to this game and guys....do you, maybe think..............it could be the WHOLE of the USA?

Think about it, the whole idea of the american dream is poor or run-away foreigner shows up, to start a new life....could we have the whole of USA to play with? Is that what they are saying? Are we sure that video only showed scenes from Liberty City? Could it be that there were more cities there?......!!!

OGTAM, if and that's IF you're right and rockstar did post this, then....my god, they really aren't kidding, there must be one hell of a lot to this game and guys....do you, maybe think..............it could be the WHOLE of the USA?

Think about it, the whole idea of the american dream is poor or run-away foreigner shows up, to start a new life....could we have the whole of USA to play with? Is that what they are saying? Are we sure that video only showed scenes from Liberty City? Could it be that there were more cities there?......!!!

I think it would be possible, but everything would definitely be smaller in size compared to it in real life. I just don't think the ShitBox 360 could handle it...hell, I don't even really think the PS3 could. If they used the same graphics as they did in the other GTA games, than I'd say it's extremely possible, but with these new graphics...very unlikely. Even if they used the older graphics, I think there wouldn't be that many interiors. Maybe they made their own little version of the USA and left out some of the less exciting places.

Hm yeah man... Very nice find, interesting, man this is making me so fckn curious... But I still think it's going to take place in Liberty City, there was of course a sign in the beginning of the trailer that said "Visit Vice City - $300" So there could be a possibility visiting Vice City or perhaps other cities aswell, would be great but still, Liberty City would be awesome to have again, but yeah... You never know with R*, damn... So damn excited.

Well after looking around New York a little bit using Google Earth, I made this assumption. The only problem is that the Statue of Liberty is in the portion I boarded as being Liberty City, so maybe Liberty City is even smaller than what I made it out to be in this picutre.

upstatelibertyjd5.th.png

Edited by Original GTA Master

I think it would be possible, but everything would definitely be smaller in size compared to it in real life. I just don't think the ShitBox 360 could handle it...hell, I don't even really think the PS3 could. If they used the same graphics as they did in the other GTA games, than I'd say it's extremely possible, but with these new graphics...very unlikely. Even if they used the older graphics, I think there wouldn't be that many interiors. Maybe they made their own little version of the USA and left out some of the less exciting places.

There is a very slight difference between the consoles. Can't you have a discussion without making fan-boy comments?

It definitely seems possible to have more than just Liberty City. How much more isn't really as obvious right now...

There is a very slight difference between the consoles. Can't you have a discussion without making fan-boy comments?

It definitely seems possible to have more than just Liberty City. How much more isn't really as obvious right now...

I like to throw one in there every once in a while. I love how it bugs people. :P

Someone said on gtaportable that they spoted a sign on one of the bridges that said "Upstate Liberty".

Really or are you just pulling my chain?

Someone said on gtaportable that they spoted a sign on one of the bridges that said "Upstate Liberty".

Nope, but i can't find the sign, so i gess its Liberty City and Upstate Liberty.

Well if that person is right, than I guess I was correct, but I still don't believe that he found a sign. "The OC Master" said that it was at 00:47, but you can't see shit.

Nope, but i can't find the sign, so i gess its Liberty City and Upstate Liberty.

Well if that person is right, than I guess I was correct, but I still don't believe that he found a sign. "The OC Master" said that it was at 00:47, but you can't see shit.

I didn't see anything either.

Hmm, good find OGTAM. It would be pretty amazing if there was more than just the new Liberty. If Vice City was redone even without San Andreas it would be insane. But looking at that Google Earth image you showed us, Upstate Liberty looks HUGE. So, it could be a possibility but I think it will only be L.C. and more of it as you theorized (wow that's a word? :o ) with Upstate being included. :)

I didn't see anything either.

I did say that, but i just found a bridge and said that :lol: