Other Locations

Red_91

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly like San Andreas had, you could visit the places in and maybe out of missions.

I didn't really like that, I would rather have a whole city where you do one mission than having no city and just do it like San Andreas did.

I still think London would be an amazing location for GTA IV since it has all the right attributes in crime.

Liberty City in San Andreas was originally planned for that, hint why half the city is there and there is a safe house on solid ground.

I know but I still didn't lke how they did that, I know they couldn't have fitted all of Liberty City on the PS2 but they could on the PS3 hence this sort of thing shouldn't happen fomr now on in my opinion.

I think just Liberty City would do fine, I mean look at other remakes of New York, it's quiet large, if not VERY large. So you could expect it to be more then enough I believe.

Liberty City would be fine but if there was another city ie Moscow or London you could drive a big boint 747 however if it is just Liberty City than you can't do that and there would be no point.

Problem there lies is how would you get to those cities, why are they there, and is it gonna be unrealistic having them right next to New York?

Easy make the two or three cities really far apart ie when you done the Saint Marks Bistro hit and the amount of time it took the auroplane to arrive in Liberty, thats how long it should be in my opinion.

I would say that they would rebuild the first 2 cities of GTA and keep SA`s area size so :

San Andreas State (44 square kilometres) + Vice City ( rebuilt 10x area size) and of course Liberty City (rebuilt with 10x area size)

So the map size should be (after hearing some rumors about the exact GTA cities area size)

Here`s my probably very wrong calculations

44 + 10x 6 + 10x 3 = 134 square kilometres

Yeah man, going to Russia in a mission is a possibility of course as it seems like the main character has its roots from there. And yeah man, if you look at the beginning of the GTA IV trailer, there's a sign that says "Visit Vice City - $300", so that could mean there is a travel feature, and maybe you could travel to Vice City or any other city/cities? Or, it may be only possible to travel in a mission to Vice City or somewhere else, maybe that's why the sign is there, or maybe it's just there for the sakes of it, but I don't know man, anything is possible. Anyway man if you ask me, I wouldn't mind visiting Vice City again, or San Andreas or any other city, that would be awesome, but still, only having Liberty City is as much "awesome" as having other cities.

Yeah man, going to Russia in a mission is a possibility of course as it seems like the main character has its roots from there. And yeah man, if you look at the beginning of the GTA IV trailer, there's a sign that says "Visit Vice City - $300", so that could mean there is a travel feature, and maybe you could travel to Vice City or any other city/cities? Or, it may be only possible to travel in a mission to Vice City or somewhere else, maybe that's why the sign is there, or maybe it's just there for the sakes of it, but I don't know man, anything is possible. Anyway man if you ask me, I wouldn't mind visiting Vice City again, or San Andreas or any other city, that would be awesome, but still, only having Liberty City is as much "awesome" as having other cities.

Thinking about it I think Vice City could be an option however I would still want a totally new city. Though they would have to make Vice City a lot better and bigger.

Meh, I agree with Jared I only want to stick with Liberty alone. Like I loved all the other cities and stuff but flying there would start to bug me after playing a lot. It would be cool if there was a mission like GTAPlayer said but travelling by plane just to get to a place would be annoying IMO. I agree with ps3 player that I was a bit disappointed when it was revealed that GTA IV was going to be set in Liberty again but all the new stuff that has been re-done and redesinged just changes my mind completely. :D And like Chris92 said, I guess we'll have to wait for that GameInformer issue to find out more.

Edited by Artur

Meh, I agree with Jared I only want to stick with Liberty alone. Like I loved all the other cities and stuff but flying there would start to bug me after playing a lot. It would be cool if there was a mission like GTAPlayer said but travelling by plane just to get to a place would be annoying IMO. I agree with ps3 player that I was a bit disappointed when it was revealed that GTA IV was going to be set in Liberty again but all the new stuff that has been re-done and redesinged just changes my mind completely. :D And like Chris92 said, I guess we'll have to wait for that GameInformer issue to find out more.

I agree but we are just speculating, What would happen if the next trailer were to show Moscow or London, it would be class. Liberty City will be changed a lot but some things will have to stay the same as it would ruin the past storylines. And stil I am puzzled to see how they are going to change GTAIII liberty City and how its all put togeth in GTAIV

Yeah but I'm sure R* will come up with a logical explanation for the expanding of Liberty such as OGTAM's theory on Upstate Liberty. I agree that if in the next trailer it was completely new city it would shock my brains out but I'm not counting on it. Although it is R* so we don't know what to expect.

Upstate Liberty could be a possibility but that would mean we could revisit Liberty City old which I wouldn't like because Ive already played that map.

Yeah man, well I wouldn't worry too much about how Vice City looks like, most likely it seems like GTA IV is going to take place in 2006/2007 so that means it has passed over 20 years since we visited Vice City in '86, so I'm pretty damn sure things has been changed you know. And it's nothing wrong with a new city, that'd be great, but have you seen the GTA IV trailer? I'm pretty damn sure you have, look at it, doesn't everything look "new" to you? So I mean, when I'm playing GTA IV, it's going to be like visiting a completely new city you know. And as I've mentioned before, it doesn't matter to me if it's going to have other cities or something like that, having Liberty City is totally great man, it's going to be one hell of a gaming experience.

Yeah man, well I wouldn't worry too much about how Vice City looks like, most likely it seems like GTA IV is going to take place in 2006/2007 so that means it has passed over 20 years since we visited Vice City in '86, so I'm pretty damn sure things has been changed you know. And it's nothing wrong with a new city, that'd be great, but have you seen the GTA IV trailer? I'm pretty damn sure you have, look at it, doesn't everything look "new" to you? So I mean, when I'm playing GTA IV, it's going to be like visiting a completely new city you know. And as I've mentioned before, it doesn't matter to me if it's going to have other cities or something like that, having Liberty City is totally great man, it's going to be one hell of a gaming experience.

No what I meant is that if you could visit the 'old' Liberty City it would be kinda boring since we have already played that map.