Other Locations

Red_91

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's not the "old" Liberty it used to be. It got one hell of a makeover (in a good way). So all the old places you remember from GTA3 and LCS are now a bit changed so they'll probably feel familiar but new at the same time. Don't worry it's R* if they chose to go back to Liberty, it should be awesome.

What I meant is that if upstate Liberty existed then it would be pointless because you could still go back to the 'old' map of GTAIII. Know what I mean.

No I think OGTAM meant that Upstate is a new addition to Liberty. Not a new redesigned version and that everything you see in the trailer is the "old" Liberty turned new. Like all the old stuff is new and if you could go back to the "old" one then it would be pointless because there would be two places of the exact same thing. Ah, I'm confusing myself now.

Edit: This is what I think the new map of Liberty is.

GTA3 and LCS: Very similar if not exact same Liberty

GTA IV: The "old" Liberty taken and redesigned plus a new addition (possibly island or whatever) Upstate.

Edited by Artur

No I think OGTAM meant that Upstate is a new addition to Liberty. Not a new redesigned version and that everything you see in the trailer is the "old" Liberty turned new. Like all the old stuff is new and if you could go back to the "old" one then it would be pointless because there would be two places of the exact same thing. Ah, I'm confusing myself now.

So if there was an Upstate Liberty they could make up a story of how the old map had gone so they created Liberty City again. So basically for example America go to war and Liberty City is bombed (just an idea) :P

ps3 player, what I'm just saying is, you said that you want a totally new city (on page 1), Liberty City as shown in the GTA IV trailer is going to be a completely new experience, you know, so I don't see why anyone should want a completely new city, it's going to be completely new in look and feel.

ps3 player, what I'm just saying is, you said that you want a totally new city (on page 1), Liberty City as shown in the GTA IV trailer is going to be a completely new experience, you know, so I don't see why anyone should want a completely new city, it's going to be completely new in look and feel.

Yeah I Know man, but I want another city so you could travel in your private jet or boat and go to the island and if it was just one whole city then theres no point of auroplanes.

So if there was an Upstate Liberty they could make up a story of how the old map had gone so they created Liberty City again. So basically for example America go to war and Liberty City is bombed (just an idea) :P

Heh, I think now we are on the same page except about the bombing of L.C. :P Well the old map is all that new it's just redesigned a bit and looks more modern. That happens in real life too; as the years go by, buildings and people change. It's just logic. ;)

Heh, I think now we are on the same page except about the bombing of L.C. :P Well the old map is all that new it's just redesigned a bit and looks more modern. That happens in real life too; as the years go by, buildings and people change. It's just logic. ;)

I know, I agree with you however the amount of change that has happened how will R* explain all of this in the new stroyline in GTAIV

Yeah man, simply logic. Anyway man, we'll see what R* has in mind, but sure the sign makes me curious you know, will we be able to travel or not, we'll see.

Edit: Of course, we'll be able to travel around Liberty, but I'm talking about traveling far away.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Yeah man, simply logic. Anyway man, we'll see what R* has in mind, but sure the sign makes me curious you know, will we be able to travel or not, we'll see.

Edit: Of course, we'll be able to travel around Liberty, but I'm talking about traveling far away.

Yeah man, thats what I am saying another city would make travelling far away a certainty.

Yeah we know like travelling to other cities like Vice City, San Andreas and maybe new ones or whatever. I can't wait to see how R* explains all the change happening though. Like maybe there's a new mayor with a new "vision" for the city or something. So he gave the city a huge make over.

Yeah because after Salvatore died the mayor could have stolen the money off the Leones but thats just a possibility, But I do agree that it will be nice to see what R* do.

Shit man, 8 pages you say? Not bad, not bad at all, real fresh. Hehe yeah man, it would certainly be funny if they just gave us some tiny info on each page you know, but I don't think that will happen, if you say there's going to be 8 pages then I'm pretty damn sure it will have pretty much info about GTA IV. BTW, why does it say 10 pages on the screenshot of the gameinformer magazine? --> GameInformer

Certainly looking forward to see someone upload everything on the forums... :)

He did say he wasn't sure of the exact number, but meh :mellow:

Yeah, hope its not like 1 paragraph of text, that we already know, over ten pages of screenshots, from the trailer, that we've seen. Want it to be REAL exclusive, and fresh, and that actually serves it's purpose. I want o be shocked at the amount of crap R* told them. Please, be reasonable Gameinformer... ^_^ Please....

Well it says "World Exclusive" so I think you don't need to worry about that you know, I'm pretty damn sure they'll have some neat info about GTA IV that we don't know about yet.

Edit: Yeah man, did it also occur to you that I perhaps didn't see the part that he thought it was 8 pages or something... Stuff like that happens sometimes. 10 pages, now we know, the more the better.

Edited by GTAPlayer

well i think that it will be like SA in a way but instead of them being all on one map you can fly there but on the other hand it would be really awseome to like take you car on a cross country road trip terrorizing all the small towns on the way(the drive must take a WHILE though for realizim)

well i think that it will be like SA in a way but instead of them being all on one map you can fly there but on the other hand it would be really awseome to like take you car on a cross country road trip terrorizing all the small towns on the way(the drive must take a WHILE though for realizim)

I think it's going to definetly be Upstate Liberty along with possibly Carcer City (possibility theory I'm working on with King 2003).

I like seeing that someone is using the "Future IV Player" Userbar I made.