SQL ERROR

MySQL Error: Could not connect to the MySQL server. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

This is getting quite annoying now since everything on my CPU works and the internet is fine but its when I go on this site that this sometimes comes up and the pages don't load and it is incredibly slow.

Hope it gets fixed ;)

ps3player

The server has been getting a bit overloaded quite often recently, particularly at weekends. There isn't anything wrong (nothings broken, not being attacked) it's just that we're getting a lot of visitors - which is a good thing. The plan is to upgrade the server a bit to speed it up.

My advice is that when the site is going slow, just come back in a few minutes. If you keep hitting 'refresh' then that isn't going to help.

See this topic for more information.

The server has been getting a bit overloaded quite often recently, particularly at weekends. There isn't anything wrong (nothings broken, not being attacked) it's just that we're getting a lot of visitors - which is a good thing. The plan is to upgrade the server a bit to speed it up.

My advice is that when the site is going slow, just come back in a few minutes. If you keep hitting 'refresh' then that isn't going to help.

thx for the advice just another quick question. When is Chris going to update the server?