Massive GTAIV Adverts In New York

Chris

massive_gtaiv_poster_nyc_th.jpg Once again some more posters advertising Grand Theft Auto IV have been spotted in New York City, you may remember last month gaming blog Kotaku posted about some posters plastered around the city. Today, we have more of the same, except this time the posters are absolutely massive.

Click the picture to the right to see the scale of this thing, which is painted on a building in SoHo street.

Strangely enough, the general public won't have a clue what this is even advertising unless they visit the website address shown in comparitively small print at the bottom of the ad. Though perhaps that's a good thing considering what certain politicians are like these days.

Thanks to GayGamer for the pic. (via Kotaku)

GayGamer? You a regular visitor?

I think Rockstar are doing a hell of a lot of work to push the IV brand. The trailer countdown (shown on TV) and the trailer itself being two well known icons already. This means that whenever anybody sees a big black IV they will notice it and associate it with whatever they've seen it on. When they see the magazines next month that have the GTA IV previews, they'll think "omg theres that weird logo again" - and they will then look at it and make those connections, even subliminally. It's clever because people will think about it before they know wtf its about. If it was a simple logo and it was obvious what it was for, people who usually aren't into that sort of thing wouldn't bother paying any attention. This way, you captivate the world's attention.

But yeah they should do this in the UK too. Would be awesome.

Does this mean that there is going to be no boxat for GTAIV because these posters can't be changed over and over again or will they?

All the ads start out as plain black with the logo. They don't really need to change that, though.

gaygamer??? what kind of name is that??? other than that, this is a good news, but i think rockstar should made advertisement with big Grand Theft Auto brand written on it

if it's just "IV" who the hell would notice it???

I sure as hell would O.O

Does this mean that there is going to be no boxat for GTAIV because these posters can't be changed over and over again or will they?

All the ads start out as plain black with the logo. They don't really need to change that, though.

gaygamer??? what kind of name is that??? other than that, this is a good news, but i think rockstar should made advertisement with big Grand Theft Auto brand written on it

if it's just "IV" who the hell would notice it???

I sure as hell would O.O

i know that, but like what Jace said, the "IV" will be known for the community only, not all of them has heard of the big IV