textures problem

Bougatsas

i have instaled some mods lately and tried to play. everything went fine, well, almost. the main part of buildings and roads and stuff like that appears but not the textures also, trees, columns and pavement appear some seconds later, and then again, if i turn from the other side and back again, they dissapear and i have to wait for a few seconds (not much 4 or 5 but still i have to wait). anybody knows why this happens? it is normal or what? can i fix it some way?

and final, how can i change display names of cars, planes etc.?

i have not installed scripts (at least yet), and i haven't enabled any cheats (at least yet)

same thing happened before years when i did the same with vice city, i installed some vehicles and same thing with textures happened.

something else came up now, at my garage at doherty i have a freeway parked in and when i try to park an other car or bike inside it says that i can't because i have already put too many. i tried it with no cars or bike in garage and same thing happened. and garage door does not open instantly but it takes a few seconds (10 or even 20).

sorry for my english

ty in advance

For the texture loading problem, it's actually a graphic bug. Mine also does that (but VEEEEEEEEERY rarely). If I'm not mistaking, I think you can overcome that issue by messing around with the Graphics Settings in the Options menu. Now, I don't 100% recall, but I could've sworn I read something about that in Wikipedia and some PC Game Magazine.

But it can also be caused because your computer's system specs are not high enough to load that many objects. This is why posting your specs can help, so do post.

And for that garage bugger, which mods did you install? Because I have never experienced anything like this (although I did install a couple or more of vehicle skins). Anyway, when did it start to happen? And when it happened, which mod(s) were the latest installed before the problem?

And was your game this buggy before you actually installed those mods?

my computer is:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Proccessor 4200+

GPU: nVidia GeForce FX 7950

MEMORY: 2Gb

HD: 500Gb

i don't think i have a problem with that machine

i also added a photo with the problem

and something else occured, i play for about 5 or less minutes and game stops responding

wtf?

i want to know if there is someone with moded san andreas with no problems, if there is at least one, then it's nothing that can not be solved

post-10161-1176205610_thumb.jpg

(in photo, i am at doherty garage)

Well, yes your machine shouldn't have any problem with any game. Virus... maybe?

I installed a couple of cars, and after I installed this McLaren mod, the game will simply freeze after some point (and I assume it is the point when the game spanws an Infernus, which is the car replaced by McLaren). So yeah, some mods cause problems. But I haven't heard of this type of problem. Maybe it's a virus, or your Hard Drive is fragmented too much.

Try defragmenting your Hard Drive(s). It could take a while though.

Re-install, that's my suggestion for your last resort. Save all your mods neatly in folders. Uninstall the game, restart, refresh, and then install the game again. Don't worry your save game shouldn't get deleted with all the other files, but if you're not certain you can backup the save game at anytime.

Usually, textures not loading means your PC can't render the graphics fast enough - often caused by not enough RAM. However, with 2GB you have more than enough to run the game. Try picking a lower resolution (try 1024x768x32) and change the quality from "High" to "Medium". Even though that will slightly reduce the quality of the way the game looks, it'll tell you what the problem is. I've never used a PC that can run SA on maximum quality anyway.

If you can remember any mods you installed around the time this problem started occurring, try uninstalling them - replace them with your backups.. that you should always make (for this reason). Also, try starting a new game (not a saved game) to see if that helps.

Defragmenting a hard drive never ever needs to be done - its an old way of doing things for when hard drives were about 1gb in size, and you needed every kb of space you could find. Don't bother doing it. Ever.

There is an alternative to reinstalling the game - you can try installing a second copy of the game alongside your existing one. Leave your current installation alone and go to install another one. When it asks you where you want to install it, pick a different folder name to the one you already use (usually "GTA San Andreas") then it will install it separately. When that's done, try that game (because it has no mods on). If that game works but your old one doesn't, then you know the problem is one or more of the mods that you've installed.

But yeah the problem is most likely to be mods not being installed properly.

Car names are just editing the american.txd file in \Text with a GXT editor.

ok some problems solved. it was my mistake, i used a save file i downloaded from a site, it had cheats and stuff i didn't notice. I started my own game and i don't have textures problems, also the problem that game stops respond stoped, the garage door problem also solved and finally i figured it out with cars names i can do what ever i want with them. right now i am not having problems, after i deleted the downloaded savegame everything is fine, i install new mods and they work just fine as the rest of the game too. ty for your time and for your answers

this can't happen to me. ok, something new came up

it's called double speed, everything goes really fast and i can't control the game, i don't know double speed or triple speed but i know that it is much faster than normal.

any ideas?

frame limiter is on by default, i checked it and played with visuals but nothing. i think i know what happens, i have the same problem with nfsu nfsu2 most wanted (all the god damned series), i didn't try carbon but i think the problem is in the proccesor, maybe these games are not dual core compatible. i forgot to say that sometimes (really rare) game goes normal.