new features

well from what we've seen on the trailers, there isn't much exiting features that are shown other than graphics, physics, a wider selection of vehicles, and peds holding stuff. <_< what do you think the cool new features are going to be? and I'm not just talking about a new speck on this spot that wasn't here before. I'm talking about things like swimming in san andreas and motorcycles in vice city. BIG things. what do you think some are? and be practical. nothing like oh you can be able to transform into an alien with a new transformer weapon. so what do you think?

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA games are supposed to be real life, not alien and sci-fi, and we havnt seen anything, it was only like a teaser vid, so we just gotta wait.

what i meant was what do you think some of the new features are likely to be. and by no aliens or transformers in the ideas, i meant.......well.....no aliens or transformers in the ideas! this is about guessing. logical guessing of course, with no sifi.

an idea i think will be in the game is instruments. like a guitar. complete with a minigame similar to the dance minigame. might happen?

what i meant was what do you think some of the new features are likely to be. and by no aliens or transformers in the ideas, i meant.......well.....no aliens or transformers in the ideas! this is about guessing. logical guessing of course, with no sifi.

an idea i think will be in the game is instruments. like a guitar. complete with a minigame similar to the dance minigame. might happen?

-First of all, nice topic, yet its still a bit dry..

-And I think they need to have it so your 'homies' (Whatever you want to call them) can drive a pickup and you can stand in the back shooting peds/opposing gangs because they only use to have that option on certain missions.

-Also I'm thinking they may have an option where you can replay a mission you've previously done in the game so its like an afterplay feature but I'm not too sure on that one because maybe the storyline aint right or something. Because haven't you wanted to re-do a mission but you cant because you've passed it? I know I have atleast...

Opinions?

well from what we've seen on the trailers, there isn't much exiting features that are shown other than graphics, physics, a wider selection of vehicles, and peds holding stuff. <_< what do you think the cool new features are going to be? and I'm not just talking about a new speck on this spot that wasn't here before. I'm talking about things like swimming in san andreas and motorcycles in vice city. BIG things. what do you think some are? and be practical. nothing like oh you can be able to transform into an alien with a new transformer weapon. so what do you think?

Well what the trailer shows and tells you will be able to transfer into an alien with transformer weapons <_<

Cellphones like Scarface...(Though I think that's confirmed)

Lol, this is funny but I do hope you'll be able to do it. Go to the bathroom whenever you want... Like in Bully, but you can poop to lol.

Fire fighters go to random fires around the city (also a new type fire fighter missons) skycrapers ctch on fire and You go in and save them.

buy guns seperate from ammo for cheaper prices.

Yes, i think that would add a touch of realism instaed of just cops driving around there could be car accidents and cops would be racing through the city getting there and blocking off streets

OH! I just had a superb idea, maybe you have one button that makes you enter the nearest door of a car you are next to. Then, you press the button again to hijack the car. This is how it would work:

Driver's door: you would throw them out and hijack the car, like normal.

Passenger-side door:if someone is in, you throw them out. if not, you just get in and the driver can be like "what the hell are you doing?!?!" and then you press the button again to throw him out and switch over to driver's side.

Rear door: you get in, again the driver is like "what the hell??", then press the button and you choke the driver, hitman47-style!

This means that if you got in a taxi, you would just be a passenger and he'd say "where to?", you'd get a map screen and select exactly where to go.

Also, I'd like to see buses, such that when you walk in, you have a behind-head view and can attack people in there, or throw the driver out of his seat and hijack the thing - some people might fight you back and throw you out of the seat. And if one is parked say like in a station without a driver, then you can get in, start it up, and then people would get in thinking you're the driver (:D) This could also lead to bus side-missions. So you get in, throw the people out, hijack it and press R3 or whatever to start a mission and get a bus route to follow and pick up passengers, making $ for every passenger you pick up. Ha, and you could even have a people-smuggler side mission where you drop buses full of people into a garage and get $ for every person you bring (hot women score more cash).

Edited by Alistair

well, how about cooler side missions? vigilante's for one thing, in the previous gta's we only get to kill criminals, maybe this time we can actually catch 'em and cuff 'em

oh, and the empire building feature, i hope that will be back, with much challenging missions! and more bussiness! and maybe we can smuggle things through airport, not just the docks :lol:

Catch 'em and cuff 'em? I don't know man, wouldn't feel that suitable in GTA I think, but hey man, I'm sure it would work, just can't see it in GTA. And yeah man, the empire building feature that was in VCS, just remember that we're not going to take over LC (NYC). Well I don't have any ideas, most of my ideas are already in the Wishlist topic, but yeah man, I'm sure we'll see more features in GTA IV, a lot more features than we're used to.

I smell like donuts

Wonderful, we don't care. Stop being a douche.

I agree. :thumbsdown:

Anyways! Yeah the rain thing would be awsome and when peds don't have umberelas they will run for cover or hoof it to thier cars or call a taxi or other sources of public transportation. Ofcourse not all of them though! then there would'nt be anyone to kill. Some will just keep walking cause the don care if they get wet.

Also better car and car crash physics. I don't wanna hit a sidewalk or lightpole and do flips or 180 slides and crap.

I would like to see more interiors and interactive environments. Plus since the city is gonna be more vertical than all the others I wanna be able to scale this newer, higher environment.

Edited by fatalgamer

I smell like donuts

dont spam. dude. yuve broken like 10 rules since you've been here. have u read the rules?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2

read 'em and obey 'em

You should be able to climb ladders and other climable things.

yeah! i couldnt believe that wasnt in san andreas. it better be in gta4.

Edited by evabin2libertycity?