Halo 3 Beta on Xbox live

Pandora

On May the 15th the long awaited Halo 3 will have a beta tests.

Before you get any erection or any other form of exitement please do note that the only people who can participate in these beta tests are the ones who have bought a special halo 3 version of the game: Crackdown and the people who participated in the 'Rule of 3'. Also you need a gold membership to Xbox live.

There will be 3 different maps: Snowbound, High Ground and Valhalla.

Screenshot of Valhalla:

1176210635.jpg

awesomepower.jpg

Decent graphics, but not all that special. Personally I think the graphics will be improved and adapted for DirectX 10 at the PC release what hopefully wont take as long as Halo2(also see Crysis for examples of what DX10 can do). Also, Halo 3 (PC) will become a Vista only.

Obviously these screenshot's where from the MP mode (beta tests will be in MP for if you didn't realise that yet)

Links:

Bungie preview

I actually think of getting 360 just because Halo3 is , and of course GTA4 will be on it.

Yeah and there will be exclusive GTA content on it, my friends were telling me to get a 360 but I decided against it since it won't last long. I think they will announce the next X box in 2010 IMO. Whereas the PS3 will last to about 2015/2016 IMO.

Edited by ps3 player

Yeah and there will be exclusive GTA content on it, my friends were telling me to get a 360 but I decided against it since it won't last long. I think they will announce the next X box in 2010 IMO. Whereas the PS3 will last to about 2015/2016 IMO

Effin hell.

None of those consoles are going to be able to reach 2011.

Once again, the ps3 is weak. How the hell should it last 7 years?

All PC's now days are more powerfull then a ps3 and after 3 years the PC will be considered crap, same with the ps3.

Get over your fanboy shit dude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I played it for about two hours today at my friend's friend's house. It was pretty addicting, I like some of the new weapons and stuff. A couple of new game modes as well. The equipment is pretty useful once you get the hang of it. Graphics aren't that great but I think Bungie was focussing more on the gameplay this time. Overall it is awesome and addicting to play, it needs some polishing and in a couple of months it will be a hell of fun! :D

Edit: Could ask me about it, I'll try to answer as best as I can. I think I'm gonna go play a bit more tomorrow too so I could look some more.

Edited by Artur

Yeah, I played it over my friend's house on Friday. The game play seems ok, but the graphics are shit right now. The game play makes it a lot easier for everyone some how.

It's just not a Gear of War experience you mean? Plus it's a beta, not THE game.

I have never liked Halo because I never was a XBox fan, and hhavn't played any type of Halo. But I suddenly like Halo3 and went to my friends house to play the beta. Pretty fun, but I got my ass kicked lol. I didn't know what weapons were what so I kinda lost lol. Grahics are nice, deffinetly not a Gears of War experience but gameplay was the thing I felt in this one. Pretty addicting but I like xbl so you know.....how do you get the halo3 beta anyway?

Yeah since it was the beta, I guess Bungie was focussing more on the gameplay and not the graphics. They'll polish them up for the final release and the gameplay will be tweaked a bit also but not a dramatic change from the beta. Everything seems nice ATM though, might go play later on today.

Lucky, too late for me to go back lol. And it's Sunday :( I hate school; so much.

Hah, but that Monday was Victoria's Day so no school for me... You had to go to school? I absolutely hate school too (especially this crappy semester).

Anyways about the Halo 3 Beta, are there only going to be those 3 maps until the final version of the game comes out or will there be updates and stuff? Because playing those 3 would get kinda boring after a while but better than nothing. I'll go check around the net, see what I can find.

Edit: Wait is the beta going to be released for a limited amount of time or until Halo 3 comes out because this is what I found on Wikipedia:

Problems With Beta

On May 16, 2007, the day the public beta began, problems were reported from owners of Crackdown that they couldn't download the beta. Bungie has made a statement that they had contacted the Xbox Live Authorities and were hoping for only a short delay for those attempting to access the beta via Crackdown. Later the same day, Bungie made an update saying the Microsoft team found a solution and that the issue "will be resolved shortly."At 10:24pm EST, a patch was distributed over Crackdown, fixing the problem. Bungie also announced that the beta would be extended until June 10 to compensate.

So yeah, I feel a bit dumb but I think I heard about this before and just forgot about it.

Edited by Artur

• 3 weeks later...