No Planes

Gerard

Unless there was another city, in a different country, or a city far, far away, I don't really see the point in planes.

It's not a big loss anyway. ;)

Planes are f***ing fun !

Rockstar are f***ing idios not putting planes in , f***ing picks.

I might as well not buy gta4 and just play san andreas.

Also if they dont include anthor city then that a big step back also stuff like we wont include the countryside why that was really fun and afther completeing the game how boring is that going to be no planes.

also rockstar say that we are bring realism to the game i dont gave a f*** about realism that what gta games are not about !

and who can trust Game Informer ?

So you're not going to buy GTA4, just because there's no planes?

If you're crazy about flying planes, why not buy a flight simulator or Ace Combat?

I couldn't care less if there's no planes, because there's so much more to GTA then that. Actually IMO the only time planes have served any real purpose in GTA, is those few flying based missions in SA, and where you fly to LC. Other then that, there was no use for them. ;)

You dont f***ing understand gta games are about having fun and if they take planes out half of the fun is gone next rockstar will saying you wont be able to run people over.

Um, yeah, flying planes in SA was a lot of fun, but it wasn't close to "half the fun". At all. My bike, car, motorcycle, and flying skills were ALL maxed out. They were ALL fun to max out. The game isn't all about flying planes, y'know.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say... It's probably only a commercial plane, you know the big planes only like the one in Las Venturas.... I don't think they're gonna take out the dodo, and the jet and all those other small planes, and if they do... well blame the terrorists, and join the army so we can fight them.

Edited by Victor_Vance

Unless there was another city, in a different country, or a city far, far away, I don't really see the point in planes.

It's not a big loss anyway. ;)

Planes are f***ing fun !

Rockstar are f***ing idios not putting planes in , f***ing picks.

I might as well not buy gta4 and just play san andreas.

Also if they dont include anthor city then that a big step back also stuff like we wont include the countryside why that was really fun and afther completeing the game how boring is that going to be no planes.

also rockstar say that we are bring realism to the game i dont gave a f*** about realism that what gta games are not about !

and who can trust Game Informer ?

So you're not going to buy GTA4, just because there's no planes?

If you're crazy about flying planes, why not buy a flight simulator or Ace Combat?

I couldn't care less if there's no planes, because there's so much more to GTA then that. Actually IMO the only time planes have served any real purpose in GTA, is those few flying based missions in SA, and where you fly to LC. Other then that, there was no use for them. ;)

You dont f***ing understand gta games are about having fun and if they take planes out half of the fun is gone next rockstar will saying you wont be able to run people over.

GTA III and Vice City had 2 planes combined. Did those GTAs suck? No. Since San Andreas came out, people are expecting too much out of GTA IV. Planes aren't everything and you're not liking the game just because there aren't going to be any? You, sir, are an idiot. This is called Grand Theft Auto. The cars is where it's at. And stop f*cking cursing so much.

I don't really mind hearing that there will be no planes in Grand Theft Auto IV. I am a little disappointed but as long as the gameplay feels realistic and most aspects of the game are good, then it is fine with me.

Edited by Chase

I admit that I am slightly disappointed - I did (and still do) enjoy flying planes in SA. However, think about how realistic it is to be able to walk into an airport gate (which opens for you) get in a plane, fly it round, land in a street and walk off.

They mentioned that the Police will be a much heavier force in GTA IV, and I expect that it will be a lot harder just to get in someone else's car and drive off. So with planes, it is unrealistic for this random eastern European guy to obtain a pilot's licence and be able to get in any plane he wants.

In the article, it describes him being in a house that is not his own, and having to be really stealthy about it. That is how I think we will have to play GTA IV. We will not own this city, we won't be exempt from the law just because we did a few missions for a gangster. We're going to have to work for everything we have in GTA IV.

I liked the fact of flying high in the air and parachuting down. I wonder if there could be a parachute on top of the Statue of Liberty and then just shoot down. Also I found some kind of unlimited height glitch in SA that can probably work on every version but thats off topic. It's probably already known, it takes at least three cheats. Planes are my favorite kind of thing to use. More than half the time I play I'll be airbourne in planes, helicopters, or the jetpack not to mention parachuting. Though it won't be a huge problem with me I'm just not the kind of person who has patience but hopefully I'll get used to driving just about the whole time. I also hope There's a new city soon. I'll just be suprised if there's a Grand Theft Auto V set in re-created Vice City. lol.

I admit that I am slightly disappointed - I did (and still do) enjoy flying planes in SA. However, think about how realistic it is to be able to walk into an airport gate (which opens for you) get in a plane, fly it round, land in a street and walk off.

They mentioned that the Police will be a much heavier force in GTA IV, and I expect that it will be a lot harder just to get in someone else's car and drive off. So with planes, it is unrealistic for this random eastern European guy to obtain a pilot's licence and be able to get in any plane he wants.

In the article, it describes him being in a house that is not his own, and having to be really stealthy about it. That is how I think we will have to play GTA IV. We will not own this city, we won't be exempt from the law just because we did a few missions for a gangster. We're going to have to work for everything we have in GTA IV.

yup. thats how gta iv is gonna be. i'm gonna miss the ruleing the city thing. it was the best feeling in vice city when you own 30 businesses that are making money for you and you got the biggest mantion in the city and everyone is afraid of you and bows down to you. and in gta3. your the most feared criminal in the city. #1 on the top ten liberty's most wanted. and numerous gangs all over the city want you dead. and innocent pedestrians walk down the street in fear that you will assassin them at any moment. commit a breaking murder if someone so fourth lookes at you dirty. and in san andreas. you come to the place with nothing but cloths, seeking revenge for a murder. you fight for what is yours and you earn the respect back from the state. i cant imagin having no respect while playing a gta game

yno, i should write a book some day.

That's just my interpretation of the persistent push of the "realism" aspect of GTA IV. They said specifically that the police are going to be on your tail a lot more, and that you won't get away with as much as you do in existing games. That means you can't just gun down fifty people, steal a car and drive off then the police stop chasing you a couple of minutes later and nothing ever happens to you. It is going to be much more of a challenge to get anywhere in GTA IV, and pretty much impossible to take over the city.

Although, this entirely structure-free gameplay (where you do any missions you can get your hands on) means you may be able to hit the sweet spot and take over - although not in the same sense as GTA Vice City.

They said that not having planes would also be a lot more realistic, implying that you can't just do whatever you want.

That's just my interpretation of the persistent push of the "realism" aspect of GTA IV. They said specifically that the police are going to be on your tail a lot more, and that you won't get away with as much as you do in existing games. That means you can't just gun down fifty people, steal a car and drive off then the police stop chasing you a couple of minutes later and nothing ever happens to you. It is going to be much more of a challenge to get anywhere in GTA IV, and pretty much impossible to take over the city.

Well, I guess that's just one way that makes GTAIV more realistic. But if that's the case, alot more people will use cheats to get rid of being wanted. So really, it won't be impossible to take over the city unless you're not actually planning to cheat.

Dont know if anyone has mentioned or shown this before, but who needs planes when you've got a cablecar

Correct, but the cablecar doesn`t have the acces that a plane has (is stiff and it moves only forwards and backwards ) but is better than nothing , I still hope for helicopters...

Well that seems nice, I love semi-realistic games. Bang-Bang games are just... baby toys. I'm not saying previous GTA games were bad, but it's unrealisticsness was not that cool.

Um, the "unrealisticsness" is part of the reason I played GTA.

Well, I guess that's just one way that makes GTAIV more realistic. But if that's the case, alot more people will use cheats to get rid of being wanted. So really, it won't be impossible to take over the city unless you're not actually planning to cheat.

Unless they don't put cheats in there. :P

I don't think taking over the entire city is going to be an option in the game - because it is made assuming that you don't use cheats. They certainly wouldn't make it so that people who did cheat got a better end result than those who did not.

In the magazine they said they didn't want to do a rag-to-riches storyline but more of a rag-to- where you want to be storyline.