No Planes

Gerard

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you guys keep thinking that there will be some planes.......but Rockstar said there isn't so, guess what......THERE ARE NO PLANES!!!! Helicopters maybe....

That's exactly right. Some people still refuse to believe there will be no planes. Makes me think they don't trust Rockstar. I do.

I will be surprised if theres planes because IF there is it would probaby be a last minute thing.

They didn't get sued, apparently they are scared of getting sued if they include planes in New York because of 9/11. Personaly I don't see that being the reason, it was probably too much work to put in, I think it's gonna be quite similar to GTA3 in terms of what you can do, except with a few SA features, awesome graphics, physics, and peds.

AHAHHAAH, nice diagrams! Except your (Gerard) diagram suggests there will be about 0.1 planes in GTA 4.

The following attached image is from an official press release by Rockstar on the issue...

post-7442-1176578897_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alistair

Sure, are you, just like you're SURE planes will be in the game....? Thought as much...

No-one can be SURE apart from rockstar themselves. None of us here are SURE, especially not you... Hence the above...

im just saying its likely. thats what this topic is for. to negotiate wether or not there is going to be any kinds of planes in the game. when did i ever say im sure planes will be in the game? (after rockstar said so.) i only said that it sucked that there wont be. leave me alone lama boy. your not all that smart and greatful either.

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

I bet that someone said this before I did ( maybe even me :) )

I`m 100% that there will be planes in GTA, but only airport pilots will be able to fly planes, not the player...So that means

-Planes in GTA? YES.

-Will I be able to fly the planes? NO.

That's a very helpful diagram MrLlamaLlama - although for those of you less visual, here I offer a mathematical

f() = function to find the number of planes

X = GTA IV

f(X) = 0

In even simpler terms...

Number of planes = 0

Here's a little graph as well:

post-705-1176577299_thumb.jpg

I think i can say with confidence that this diagram about sums it up... good job

@evabin2libertycity?

when did i ever say im sure planes will be in the game?

about here...

QUOTE(BALLA_OG @ Apr 12 2007, 11:06 PM) *

yer that took the piss. but r* probly wouldnt do something like that. They will have their own unique way. The only planes i think will be in the game would be for advertisement, like flying in the sky, but you not being able to pilot them yourself

well thats kind of like the andromeda but we still got a hold of that. maybe theres just going to be choppers. thats really all we need. just be patient. there is no doubt that there will be planes in the next next gta. and seriously. we really do NEED helecopters.

eat your words...

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

the 0.1 of a plane could be the rc plane. i think it was called the rc baron. or maybe rockstar will take that out as well

This might be an idea, i dunno if rockstar'll take 'em oput for the whole realism thing... it was kinda farfetched in the first place, and 'zero was a certain 4 letter word begging witht the 3rd letter of the alphabet, excuse my somewhat cryptic french... lolzomg!

But speculate we must...

I`m 100% that there will be planes in GTA, but only airport pilots will be able to fly planes, not the player...So that means

-Planes in GTA? YES.

-Will I be able to fly the planes? NO.

That's a good point actually. That is very realistic and still allows for you to travel from one airport to the next.

But they actually said that we can't fly planes since there is only one city and nowhere to go. If there were going to be planes in the game then they would let us fly them.

By not having planes they DO make savings in things like graphics and space, as well as time and effort. By having planes but not letting you fly them, they don't get the savings and they just upset all the players.