Give Rockstar a break

Alistair

Ok People, a lot of you have been giving Rockstar a hard time over the following:

- Is it only Liberty City?

- No countryside, are you kidding me?

- But....I thought you were going to do all the cool features we planned in the forums?

- etc etc...

First off, compare GTA IV with other games...Rockstar aren't miracle-makers, they are a video-game maker, there is still no other game that beats GTA, and nothing on the same scale.

Second, remember they can only manage what they work with, they HAVE to make the game workable on an XBOX - you all know how big games are nowadays and they only have 8GB to work with, that isn't exactly much.

Third, a lot of the production office have had to work on LCS and VCS as well.

Fourth, they are a BUSINESS, this means they can't waste time making huge works of art, at the end of the day they know they can only charge $... for the game, so if they know they have to get so far with the game for people to buy it, why would they need to go any further? And think of the extra costs of hiring more and more staff to work on other cities, texturing, taking photos, getting places accurate, etc etc, it just wouldn't justify the unneccessary damage to profits.

And finally, most if not all of us here have NO experience in creating games..some of you know how long it takes to make one decent car, let alone all those buildings and massive amounts of realistic texturing. Rockstar have put one hell of an effort into GTA IV: the graphics are immense, physics improved, the game will be without a doubt the best game on any console at the time of release........

..So basically, be grateful what for Rockstar are giving us, GTA IV is and will be immense, the greatest game you will have ever played.

I agree.

Rockstar are really good at what they do.

IMHO even though games like GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas might be getting on with age now, very few games of the same genre can touch them for shear fun, and excitment. Remember we're talking about games that are 6, 5 and 3 years old. (Respectivly)

If games of the same genre get bitch slappped by these, then what hope do they have against GTA4?

In saying that I think Rockstar as a whole, is an excellent gaming company. I love Manhunt and Canis Canem Edit (Bully).

i use to think the same thing when i was reading the gta4 wishlists a year back. but now I'm pissed about the whole plane thing. but we still love you rockstar! if it weren't for you, none of us would be the same i bet! c'mon. you all have to admit that gta changed your life. even just a little, but it did. and it was a good change. i think everyone should say thank you rockstar. keep up the good work!!

I agree with Alistair. Who would really want a countryside, anyway? The one in San Andreas sucked and why would a city based off New York have a countryside? Just because there aren't going to be any planes doesn't mean the whole game is going to suck. Now if Sam Houser said planes and helicopters, then I'd complain with you but even then, the game won't disappoint.

GTA III only took place in Liberty City and when it came out we all had a hardon for it. Before GTA III, GTA games had an overhead view. It was because GTA III was built on a brand new 3d, 3rd person, down-on-the-ground concept and Rockstar decided to start small and not make a huge immense land like San Andreas that was smart, they wanted to make sure people would like it. After GTA III sold many copies and became the best game of 2001/2002 it went on to creating Vice City, which had the same formula and added a lot of new stuff, then in 2004, they made San Andreas, which had alot more stuff than GTA III and Vice City combined.

Just wait until they make the sequel/prequel of GTA IV, which without a doubt they will.

ok, now we all agreed on one thing: rockstar gamemakers are humans like us, not santa who's gonna give you a miracle toy

finally, i thought all of us would still talking about critics, dissapointment, undone wishlist, and all of that sh*t

c'mon, we are one year ahead of all those stuff, what rockstar guys deserve is a salute, from a great big fan, whose hands are clapping as i post this

i salute you rockstar guys, for making all of us love your work, and grateful for all of the GTA games :clapping:

you all should give them a thank you, after all they've done :)