mod troubles

Sumguy666

hey all, ive been playin the GTA series since day 1, yes that means back in the day where the only veiw you had was the bird eye, gta2 is still my favorite one. but anyway, i bought san andreas for my computer last week because i saw some modding videos and always thought the gta's need some cooler cars. so i dled the Skyline r-34 gtr which replaces the elegy. i followed the lil guide that came with the mod. seemed easy. i turned on the game and went to where an elegy usually spawns, which is wang or wong cars. only problem is, the game freezes when im within 30 feet of store, to which i have to restart my computer. i can fly over it at a high altitude, i can go all over san andreas, but i cant enter san feiro too far. i put back the original elegey file and it worked perfectly again, but i cant seem to get it modded with out freezing.. what am i doing wrong? any help is appreciated.

ok, i got the cars working and all, modded in 5-6 cars, but now a new probelm has arisen. i modded in the toyota sprinter AE 86, planing on making some half assed initial d movie for a friend, anyway, the 86 takes the place of the blista compact. only problem it, it doesnt show up anywhere. i even downloaded the car mod trainer and it doesnt spawn with that either. it does its lil freeze to load thing which takes about a seconds, but nothing shows up, it workes with all the other cars, but not this one. i modded it the same way i modded the other ones, and they all work perfectly. does anyone know why this happens? and or what i can do? i know i can reinstall the gta3.img again, but i dont feel like doing that unless its a last resort. any help is welcomed with this.

That's weird. Try using a different car spawner, as it should either load up properly or crash the game.

If that doesn't work, you should uninstall the mod by replacing it with the original blista.txd and blista.dff that you should have backed up when you installed the mod. If you didn't backup those files, ask here and we'll post them up for you.

still doesnt wanna work, i replaced the files with the original blista files you sent, and it showed up. so i stuck it in a garage and put the 86 mod files back on, and it screwed up again. the garage i put the blista compact into wont even open now. is it possible to put mods on different cars? or is there a limit on how many mods i can put into the game? i got other car mods: R-34 which replaces the elegy, the Poniac gtx which replaces the blade, the caddy eldorado which replaces the virgo, the rx7 which replaces the zr-350. would this combo screw up the 86 mod in some way?

There is no limit on the number of mods you can have in the game, although there is a number of cars in the game, you can't add cars that don't exist, only replace ones that exist with new ones. However, we do recommend that you don't install too many mods (10 usually max) in case something breaks, and you can't fix it.

Check your carcols/handling/vehicles.ide files to make sure the rows for the blista are there.

Also check that all the other cars you've modded are there. Check the number of files in the gta3.img etc. Check everything.

ok, i got it working perfectly now. thanks for the help. but now i got 2 more questons. 1: is there a way that i can mod modded cars, ie put them into the garages and give them other body kits and parts? and the second is, can i change the wheel size of vehicles? cause the 86 has ridiculously large wheels and i want to make them smaller.

• 1 month later...

yes you can add body kits in-game, but you have to have replaced one of the jap cars (stratum,elegy,jester,uranus) because they're the ones with the garage option

just find the body part of the car im not going to name them all cause theyre to hard to find, and mod them. the exhaust ones are something lik exha_a_b_r

the wheel size of each car is in veicles.ide its the last 2 numbers i think just look at the title bar up the top to find it.

Edited by killa killer

• 9 months later...

I need the backup for these files, I forgot to back them up before modding them. Could someone please post their originals. Thanks.

colt45.dff

colt45.txd

desert_eagle.dff

desert_eagle.txd

micro_uzi.dff

micro_uzi.txd

mp5lng.dff

mp5lng.txd

silenced.dff

silenced.txd

sniper.dff

sniper.txd

tec9.dff

tec9.txd

• 2 months later...

Hello i tried to mod GTA SA and i forgot to back up the files for the cars and these are the files that i need to have so plz some one post these files

picador.txd

picador.dff

supergt.txd

supergt.dff

bf400.txd

bf400.dff

pcj600.txd

pcj600.dff

hotknife.txd

hotknife.dff

knifecur.txd

knifecur.dff

freeway.txd

freeway.dff

elegy.txd

elegy1.txd

elegy2.txd

elegy3.txd

elegy.dff

hotring.txd

hotring.dff

mower.txd

mower.dff

mtbike.txd

mtbike.dff

stretch.txd

stretch.dff

voodoo.txd

voodoo.dff

So some one please post the original files for those cars and tell me how to put them back if you know how PLZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello guys, i modded the Elegy to a nissan R30, and i didn't backup, and the game crash , so ive been searching for a long time to get back original Elegy.txt and elegy.dff, can you guys please post them?, thanks.

and the stock handling line if it's possible.

• 2 months later...
Hello guys, i modded the Elegy to a nissan R30, and i didn't backup, and the game crash , so ive been searching for a long time to get back original Elegy.txt and elegy.dff, can you guys please post them?, thanks.

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone is kind enough to send me the "sniper.dff" and "sniper.txd" , i forgot to back it up SEND IT TO [email protected]

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE

SEND IT TO [email protected] :rolleyes:

or upload it on her but notify me that it is on here thank you for the inconvienience

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone is kind enough to send me the "sniper.dff" and "sniper.txd" , i forgot to back it up SEND IT TO [email protected]

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE

SEND IT TO [email protected] :rolleyes:

or upload it on her but notify me that it is on here thank you for the inconvienience

• 3 weeks later...

download ggmm (gta garage mod manager) find the elegy and click manually install a mod, then replace the txd with the txd, the dff with the dff then click save or install or w/e it has and then your done :)

i hate ggmm myself but its the easiest way for a beginner.

(also leave all the other fields, spaces etc blank.)

• 3 weeks later...