Game Graphics...

Gycu

Amazing.The only word to describe today`s graphics from games.I tought of a topic like this when I`ve read an article with the title Dot>Line>Square>3D>Art from a magazine about games, video games, especially graphics

Since the 2000` the graphics evoluated, just look at some pictures from Max Payne 1&2,Mafia and just take a look at GTA 4,Alan Wake,FIFA 07, Oblivion,Crysis,Gears of War...Amazing graphics...

High-Definition...What can we expect?Can we expect better?

How do you see the future of game graphics?

I say in about 10 or 20 years it will be impossible to say that a picture if from a game made in 2020+ or the real life...Of course if the game simulates real life with less fiction (like GTA and others).No one would of tought in the 80`s how realistic the video games will look in the present day, isn`t amazing to just try to imagine the graphics of a game made 10-15 or 20 years in the future?

Look at the sky in Gears of War,looks at the water from GTA 4, looks at the character detail of Alan wake, look at the trees from Crysis.It`s 2007.

All these combined but at least 2x or 3x "better"....It`s phisicly impossible to say if it`s a game or reality if the game graphics keep their evolution as they do now...

Al this due to the graphics card evolution...what can you expect from a gfx card like 8800GT?A game with outstanding graphics.

So the question is :

What do you expect from the future game graphics? Or how do you see games in 2015 or later?Just imagine...

Like me? a game from whose pics look 99% like real life...(Like if you show to 100 people the pics and 99 people tell you the pics are from real life but infact they are from a video game made ten-fifteen-20 years from now or later... )

Edited by Gycu

Amazing.The only word to describe today`s graphics from games.I tought of a topic like this when I`ve read an article with the title Dot>Line>Square>3D>Art from a magazine about games, video games, especially graphics

Since the 2000` the graphics evoluated, just look at some pictures from Max Payne 1&2,Mafia and just take a look at GTA 4,Alan Wake,FIFA 07, Oblivion,Crysis,Gears of War...Amazing graphics...

High-Definition...What can we expect?Can we expect better?

How do you see the future of game graphics?

I say in about 10 or 20 years it will be impossible to say that a picture if from a game made in 2020+ or the real life...Of course if the game simulates real life with less fiction (like GTA and others).No one would of tought in the 80`s how realistic the video games will look in the present day, isn`t amazing to just try to imagine the graphics of a game made 10-15 or 20 years in the future?

Look at the sky in Gears of War,looks at the water from GTA 4, looks at the character detail of Alan wake, look at the trees from Crysis.It`s 2007.

All these combined but at least 2x or 3x "better"....It`s phisicly impossible to say if it`s a game or reality if the game graphics keep their evolution as they do now...

Al this due to the graphics card evolution...what can you expect from a gfx card like 8800GT?A game with the outstanding graphics.

So the question is :

What do you expect from the future game graphics? Or how do you see games in 2015 or later?Just imagine...

Like me? a game from whose pics look 99% like real life...(Like if you show to 100 people the pics and 99 people tell you the pics are from real life but infact they are from a video game made ten-fifteen-20 years from now or later... )

Good points, I read somewhere on the internet that in the 70s magazines prediced that around our time now games would be like they are now and they were correct.

Only thing I might disagree on you with is that the graphics will become as 'real life' as possible. The games console half makes this happen, you need a good TV aswell, and I havn't seen many revolutions in the TVs yet.