Email in GTA IV?

Yeah so I was reading the GTA IV facts and one that got my attention was this one:

"Bellic arrives in Liberty City as he has been receiving EMAILS from his cousin, Roman. At the start of the game, he is the only person you know"

Hmm, so does that mean? You will use emails in GTA IV? So that means you will have a computer or a laptop?

If you ask me if you can use emails in GTA IV, I'd say... probably yeah.

Oh yeah by the way, on the main in the forums there is a picture of the girl from san andreas, and I can't see the latest forums, that sucks, put it back the way it was..

Edited by Victor_Vance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plossible, yeah. I guess you'll have to go to a internet cafe some point in the game to get some missions, since you're always the underdog.

And the PC/laptop still can be used after the storyline. Like checking up news to see if there is any event in the city. Brings me up with an idea, I'll make a topic about that later.

Plossible, yeah. I guess you'll have to go to a internet cafe some point in the game to get some missions, since you're always the underdog.

And the PC/laptop still can be used after the storyline. Like checking up news to see if there is any event in the city. Brings me up with an idea, I'll make a topic about that later.

I think that there will be e-mails used but only in cutscenes, how else will you use a computer since you already have a mobile phone with messages and contacts on.

Yeah man, well there is a possibility of course, but I doubt we'll use any laptop/PC at all, I don't think we will, we have the cellphone you know. Anyway man, IF we'll have the option to use a laptop/PC then I don't think we'll use it as they did in Mission Impossible :P

Possible...But how about if you take pics with your cellphone and upload the screens back in your PC or laptop so you can watch them at your safehouse?

Well maybe you will be able to use the Messenger to chat with your contacts, it`s easier that with the phone...I doubt this becasue the consoles have no keyboard so you can type letters&numbers , or they have?I dunno...

Yeah man, well I don't know about ordering things and then they appear at your place or something, I'm not sure about moving GTA to that level you know. But anyway, yeah man, wouldn't mind having laptops/PC's in the game, but I don't think we'll use them, maybe we'll see our main character use it in some cut scenes, but nothing more you know, also we got cellphones, but we'll see what happens.

Does anybody remember Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodines? You used emails in that and could hack into computers. You would only read recieved emails, not send any, but for certain missions you would have to read through people's emails say in an office to discover a passcode for a door or safe, and sometimes you'd need to hack into a computer to, for example, shut down the power supply to a room or cameras.

I certainly wouldn't complain if they included features like this in GTAIV, but they would only really work for missions, not to send emails and ask people for any jobs....but at the same time, it's not like you will actually speak over the mobile either, it's obviously too complicated. You could send an email, where bellic would write "anything?" or something, the same as for when he calls his contacts to look for missions. So there's no reason why it wouldn't work in a similar way to how vampire bloodlines did it.

This is so unbelievably far from evidence, if you take it for how it reads, he recieved email BEFORE he moved to Liberty from his cousin who is there telling him how great it is.

"He arrives in LC as he has been receiving..."

That means BECAUSE he HAS - past tense.

Edited by Leeham

no i think it'll be more like liberty city stories were news was on the radio and tv sometimes like when you destroy a building for a mission etc.

The quote says it all it says there black and white, They're will be email

And cellphone's also have email, chat and texts!

Personally I think it'll be a cellphone for walking around or driving. But maybe at a safehouse or somewhere INSIDE you can go to get a mission or something...but no actual use while your controlling the character. Just a cellphone that's more advance than Scarface's cellphone.

Edited by Nate10

Yeah, how does a poor old guy from crotia or russia have a cellphones... with emails??? they barely even have phones or computers... shit...

Have you even tried looking at GTAIV info?!? You're in Liberty City, which deffinetly as far as I'm concearned ISN'T Croatia so ya. I'm sure he could of gotten hold of one easier than a computer.

Edit: And how do you know he's old and poor O.o

Edited by Nate10