Email in GTA IV?

Well didn't Houser say that they're trying to bring in online play? Well the PC could be used in an online RPG game. It would be cool if they worked out an online play that was like my "GTA Real Estate" forum game.

Yeah, no, that would suck having a "GTA Real Estate" in GTA IV. But hmm...i'll get back to you....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quote says it all it says there black and white, They're will be email

Well you obviously have trouble with basic sentences, it's worded in the PAST TENSE - he has been receiving emails - not he is receiving emails.

Yeah, how does a poor old guy from crotia or russia have a cellphones... with emails??? they barely even have phones or computers... shit...

What an idiotic statement.

You complete retard

Question:If GTA 4 will have e-mail, well how are you gonna write something with your console controler?With PC this is no problem but consoles...

While I highly doubt there will be sendable email, the typing would simply be an on-screen keyboard that you type with the controller. Games have been doing it for over ten years.

Dude, stop insulting him. Victor, Croation people have the same Technology as us. Also I think that you could recieve E-mails, not e-mail them back.

Sorry but I can not stand his level of ignorance, and that was borderline racism to.

People, you would NEVER be able to write emails in games - because....let's use an example:

"Hi, this is niko, have you like got any missions. oh btw i think your car is great"

Now how in the hell would you program the game to be able to interpret that? for every possible sentence, word, phrase etc etc....it would require a ridiculous supercomputer and years of programming.

What IS possible, is that you select a standard email that niko is seen to be writing, basically "any missions?", HE would write it, not you, you'd just click on "ask for missions" or simply "send message" and in a few game hours you would get your reply which would be various scripts. Remember, the people employing you aren't real people.....they are pre-programmed scripts. Get it in perspective.

So basically, email IS easily possible, it would be a very similar format to the mobile phone. Rockstar did say there will be tons of new ways of contacting people for jobs girlfriends etc.

Actually, no it doesn't mean anything. It means at the beginning of the game you recieve an email. From that it could just be the guy speaking to himself saying, "I got an email this morning" or something like that. All it says is that he recieved an email. It doesn't say it shows the email or anything of the such. It is simply mentioned.

Spaz is right on both accounts there - "you got that?" is terrible english, doesn't need to be there.

And certainly there is no evidence that you will be able to contact contacts by email. Just a hint at it, when Dan Houser said "There's talking [in person], cell phones, and a bunch of other ways of giving the player information." --Quote from the GameInformer mag.

Whoa wait sonny! When I said there will be email in the game, I meant in general, as in the whole game, including the cutscenes, not just the playing part, cause the quote says it, so that MEANS THERE WILL BE! In cutscenes or in the gameplay... You got that?

Learn to read.

Not once does it say "there will be email in the game"

It says he HAS been receiving email, it doesn't say you will use email in the game, it doesn't say you recieve email in the game, it doesn't say you send email im the game, it says Niko HAS been recieving emails - which is the reason for him moving to Liberty - why would his cousin send him emails while they were both in Liberty, telling him to move to Liberty?

Try some common sense.

Edited by Leeham

Aight, this sounds like a bet... I bet you 200 dollars there will be email, or email in the cutscenes, or they will mention the word email in GTA IV..

and "you got that?" is one of my favorite all time quotes...

And is Spaz a girl??? or a guy?? Cause I always thought the dude was guy,

Edited by Victor_Vance

Why don't we also bet there will be radio in the game?

You couldn't make that bet any more vague, I bet you $10000 that there will be radio in the game, or a mention of radio...or a car radio.#

edit:

And if you read the 'GTA4 News' E-Zine you should see this:

The two, when separated were contacting one another via email, Roman asks Niko to come over, for a chance of a second life, the American Dream. What Niko doesn't know is his cousin is heavily in debt and is in need of desperate help. His chance to leave his suspected bad past for a happier life overseas is far from the truth.
Edited by Leeham