Virginia Tech shootings

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a Virginia Tech dorm and then, two hours later, shot up a classroom across campus Monday, killing 32 people in the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history. The gunman committed suicide, bringing the death toll to 33. Now thats alot of people.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this news on the radio 2 hours ago, the reporter said similar cases happened in 1997 or 1998 ( 9 deaths) and 2005 (12 deaths).Oh, the reporter said one of the factors for teenagers` violence are " the very violent video games that teens play".Maybe GTA :) . Everything that happens, you must blame it on the dog (The dog ate my homework,the dog snored) or GTA...

That's insane.

33 people including himself? What would drive someone to do such a herrific thing?

All the teenager killers that shoot teachers/students from school have something in common: They commit suicide after killing people...

It's quite simple. They are too selfish, and don't want to face the consequences of their actions.

They know they're f***ed, so they take their own lives.

Edited by Dr Evil

All the teenager killers that shoot teachers/students from school have something in common: They commit suicide after killing people...

We don't really know if the killer was a teenager and if it was, that'd be weird but when I hear a murder suicide case happen, it's usually a grown man killing himself.

People really don't have any brains these days. First you kill a whole lot of people then you just kill yourself. Murder suicides just don't make sense. If he wanted to kill himself, he shouldn't have taken in out on the Virginia Tech students.

We don't really know if the killer was a teenager and if it was, that'd be weird but when I hear a murder suicide case happen, it's usually a grown man killing himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

Probably one of the most famous school shooting cases, and it was carried out by an 18 and 17 year old.

I don't get why people do this sort thing, but it really makes me feel strange when it's a teenager.

That's insane.

33 people including himself? What would drive someone to do such a herrific thing?

It's quite simple. They are too selfish, and don't want to face the consequences of their actions.

They know they're f***ed, so they take their own lives.

Or maybe they're just insane? There are crazy people in this world. It's called mental disorders... Or what Gerard said, it could be guilt that drives them to suicide. People commit suicide after ACCIDENTLY killing people, too.

Student Nikolas Macko described to BBC News his experience at the center of the shootings. He had been attending a math class and heard gunshots in the corridor. Three people in the classroom barricaded themselves inside the room using a table. At one point, Macko said, the gunman even attempted to break down the door of the classroom and then shot twice into the room; one shot hit a podium and the other went out the window. The shooter reloaded and shot into the door again but the bullet did not penetrate into the room. He stated there were "many, many shots" fired.

Now Jack Thompson is trying to blame Video Games on the Virgina Tech shootings. This guy won't give up will he. This Guy really pisses me off, i just want to beat him with a f***ing pipe, oh no what is he going to do? Track me down and Sue me for threating him?

We talked about it a lot in Economics today, terribly, very terrible. I think it calls for tighter gun laws if anything. The fact someone can walk in a gun shot, buy a gun and after a maximum of 3 days have it in their hands is quiet scary.

Oh, and something unexpected, that we probably should have seen coming, is this. Once again, Jack Thompson has made a disrespectful claim about the murders today, not only is it disrespectful, it's down right wrong! Some people don't even know if there family members that went to Virginia Tech are okay or not, and already he's making un-backable claims to cause more media attention then the whole ordeal has already got.

I was so sad when i saw this on the news like an hour after it happened. I cried a little, then i thought bout GTA then JT. So then i thought of something funny.

The Guy picked up a rampage, then got given a gun and said to kill 30 people, he got it, but a rival gang member....

Its a disgrace that this has happened again, it wasn't long ago that a similar thing happened, but nowhere near as awful as this one. 32 dead, excluding the gunman, don't know if there has been a rise in that at all. My thoughts go out to all those who were affected.