Virginia Tech shootings

I must apologize for my insults towards Spartan in my last post, they were in their self unwarranted and unprofessional. Next time I myself will chose better words to explain my point of view on him, until then, sorry to everyone for going a little bit off the rails there, I just feel what he said was very wrong. Either way, the punishment still sticks, however for 36 Hours, since I did go a little over the top with a 7 day ban, sorry about that.

I heard some new news today, some screens of the video also. However I did hear the NBC is in some trouble for playing the entire thing on American Television yesterday. I can understand that, which is probably one of the reason we haven't seen more then just a few images.

Everyone felt the same way you did Jared. He was acting very rude over a tragic event.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must apologize for my insults towards Spartan in my last post, they were in their self unwarranted and unprofessional. Next time I myself will chose better words to explain my point of view on him, until then, sorry to everyone for going a little bit off the rails there, I just feel what he said was very wrong. Either way, the punishment still sticks, however for 36 Hours, since I did go a little over the top with a 7 day ban, sorry about that.

I heard some new news today, some screens of the video also. However I did hear the NBC is in some trouble for playing the entire thing on American Television yesterday. I can understand that, which is probably one of the reason we haven't seen more then just a few images.

Jared he deserved that, i think that Spartan should learn others feelings, what if it was someone on here's friend/brother/sister/cousin they would feel so bad, then Spartan comes along and say stuff like that. He pisses me off..... :pissedred:

Yeah i saw most of the things last night on the news, he must of been really crazy. He wrote a play about a 14 year old getting raped by his father, then the kid going and killing his dad. Thats horrible.

I don't, I think he should be able to say his opinion. Even if it is stupid.

Anyway this should serve as a lesson to the US government not to let people like that into their country.

Yes, but their are just some things you should not say, and if you look over his other apparent "opinions", you would see his opinion doesn't mean much, there always rather inappropriate or wrong. He bases them around no facts, nor points. If he (or anyone else) has an opinion, by all means express it, but put it in the right words and the right context(s). If it could be seen (as these were) as being inappropriate/wrong and/or offensive to others, or show a lack of care, then they need to be changed. As we all known, their are different words for different events, and for around different people. He could have expressed his opinion in a professional way, but he didn't, and thats what the problem is here.

Anyway this should serve as a lesson to the US government not to let people like that into their country.

He came to the US 15 years ago when he was 8. He was never mentally ill at that time so there'd be no reason not to let him live in the US.

Yeah, but they should test all imigents after there 18 birthday or something.

Shuddup about Spartan in here. If you want to discuss it, make a topic in the warzone or something, I don't care. This is "serious chat" so get back on subject, and not on your feelings on what he said, alright? Alright.

My 4th period teacher showed us that vid two days ago, was pretty scary. What origin was he, anyway? I wonder what his home country thinks about this... incident.

This is just such a waste of a life and a lot of them were doing Engineering which isn't easy , and a couple of them had only joint the school last year.

* Ross Abdallah Alameddine

Hometown: Saugus, Massachusetts

Sophomore, University Studies

Student since fall 2005

* Brian Roy Bluhm

Hometown: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Master's student, Civil Engineering

Student since spring 2005

* Ryan Christopher Clark

Hometown: Martinez, Georgia

Senior, Psychology

Student since fall 2002

* Austin Michelle Cloyd

Hometown: Blacksburg, Virginia

Sophomore, Honors Program, International Studies

Student since fall 2006

* Matthew Gregory Gwaltney

Hometown: Chesterfield, Virginia

Master’s student, Environmental Engineering

Graduate student since fall 2005

* Caitlin Millar Hammaren

Hometown: Westtown, New York

Sophomore, International Studies

Student since fall 2005

* Jeremy Michael Herbstritt

Master's student, Civil Engineering

Student since fall 2006

* Emily Jane Hilscher

Hometown: Woodville, Virginia

Freshman, Animal and Poultry Sciences

Student since fall 2006

* Jarrett Lee Lane

Hometown: Narrows, Virginia

Senior, Civil Engineering

Student since fall 2003

* Matthew Joseph La Porte

Hometown: Dumont, New Jersey

Sophomore, University Studies

Student since fall 2005

* Henry J. Lee

Hometown: Roanoke, Virginia

Sophomore, Computer Engineering

Student since fall 2006

* Partahi Mamora Halomoan Lumbantoruan

Hometown: Blacksburg, Virginia (originally from Indonesia)

Ph.D. student, Civil Engineering

Student since fall 2003

* Lauren Ashley McCain

Hometown: Hampton, Virginia

Freshman, International Studies

Student since fall 2006

* Daniel Patrick O'Neil

Hometown: Lincoln, Rhode Island

Master's student, Environmental Engineering

Student since fall 2006

* Minal Hiralal Panchal

Hometown: Mumbai, India

Master’s student, Architecture

Student since fall 2006

* Daniel Alejandro Perez

Hometown: Woodbridge, Virginia

Student since summer 2006

* Erin Nicole Peterson

Hometown: Centreville, Virginia

Freshman, International Studies

Student since fall 2006

* Michael Steven Pohle, Jr.

Hometown: Flemington, New Jersey

Senior, Biological Sciences

Student since fall 2002

* Julia Kathleen Pryde

Master's student, Biological Systems Engineering

Student since summer 2006

* Mary Karen Read

Hometown: Annandale, Virginia

Freshman, Interdisciplinary Studies

Student since fall 2006

* Reema Joseph Samaha

Hometown: Centreville, Virginia

Freshman, University Studies

Student since fall 2006

* Waleed Mohamed Shaalan

Hometown: Blacksburg, Virginia (originally from Egypt)

Ph.D. student, Civil Engineering

Student since fall 2006

* Leslie Geraldine Sherman

Hometown: Springfield, Virginia

Junior, Honors Program, History

Student since fall 2005

* Maxine Shelly Turner

Hometown: Vienna, Virginia

Senior, Honors Program, Chemical Engineering

Student since fall 2003

* Nicole White

Hometown: Smithfield, Virginia

Student since fall 2004

Faculty

* Christopher James Bishop

Instructor, Foreign Languages

Residence in Blacksburg

Joined Virginia Tech on August 10, 2005

* Jocelyne Couture-Nowak

Adjunct Professor, Foreign Languages

Residence in Blacksburg

Joined Virginia Tech on August 10, 2001

* Kevin P. Granata

Professor, Engineering Science and Mechanics

Residence in Blacksburg

Joined Virginia Tech on January 10, 2003

He didn't write stories about people getting killed. He wrote one story about one person getting killed. In English class when he was speaking English, everyone shouted "Go home to China!", because he wasn't good at speaking English. I bet he became so crazy because people teased and bullied him to a level where he just couldn't take it anymore. Some say he also lost a girlfriend. Losing someone you love, while being bullied by everyone could most likely make him crazy. In some way I actually understand him. When being bullied you sometimes feel like kicking the bullies asses. Because he was such a quiet person, he had the hate growing up inside him. The people deserved to be punished, but killing them isn't the way.

I'll try keep this post opinion free so I won't get banned for saying my opinion.

You entirely missed the point to why Spartan was banned, it wasn't because he put forward his opinion, it's because he did it in a disrespectful and offensive way. Plus, there were many other things that contributed to his banning, this was the last straw basically.

As said ALREADY, if you want to discuss it further, start a topic in the War Zone for it. If not, then stop bringing it up, this topic is not about him. I would have thought you of all people would understand were I was coming from with the banning Chrisman.

As for your post, I know what you mean, chances are he was bullied, probably a racism victim. He may have been asking for help for some time, but nobody cared (that doesn't include mental help, I'm talking help to stop the bullying, harassment, racism, etc.). However, taking that into consideration, I think don't believe for one second that going and killing 32 people was a good way to go about it, no matter how hard it gets harming yourself and/or others is not right.

I heard he didn't loose a girlfriend, I heard he was after a girl, and she said no to him. I also heard he became a stalker, stalking girls around the school. This is from the news, so it may or may not be 100% correct.

Now that I realized that I'm unbanned, I have something to tell you all.

1. Sorry about my comment, and Quickdeath you can shut up. I already had my consequence and you had no reason to make it worse.

2. I don't care if any of you care but my dad was a ship engineer. He designed a few but since then the ships improved. That was 20 years ago, now he works as a builder.

Now that I realized that I'm unbanned, I have something to tell you all.

1. Sorry about my comment, and Quickdeath you can shut up. I already had my consequence and you had no reason to make it worse.

2. I don't care if any of you care but my dad was a ship engineer. He designed a few but since then the ships improved. That was 20 years ago, now he works as a builder.

Well, er, yeah, i still have nothing to say to you.

Anyways, the media should just leave this. It's sorta like the 9/11 attacks, the media was all over that. It was like just leave it alone. Thats what they should do here.